Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

18 hours ago, lee7 said:

Just last week I was travelling with my son in the car on a 40mph road when this car came out of no where to sit up my arse! I was doing bang on 40 and this female driver was no more than half a metre from my bumper persistently for a good 2 miles making no attempt to overtake.

I lost it and stopped my car dead in the middle of the road at which point she actually tried to go past me when she thought I was getting out. So I carried on driving and eventually she left the road that we was on. I swear she was on something as she just didn't seem to care that I had a child on board. 

I'm sure this will certainly have been mentioned before but another thing that drives me crazy is drivers who just sit in the middle lane on the motorway at about 60mph which results in people undertaking them from the slow lane. Absolute idiots. 

not that it matters but maybe she didn't know you had a child in your car? And if it was a 40mph road, it's most likely a single carriageway therefore not allowed to overtake or too dangerous to?

as for the middle lane, pretty sure that's illegal to do now and yes it annoys me too!

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

not that it matters but maybe she didn't know you had a child in your car? And if it was a 40mph road, it's most likely a single carriageway therefore not allowed to overtake or too dangerous to?

as for the middle lane, pretty sure that's illegal to do now and yes it annoys me too!

Without wanting to come across as argumentative I have a big baby on board sticker in my back window and the distance she was away from my bumper there is no way she could've missed it lol

As for why she was not overtaking me I genuinely have no idea. It is one of those roads that is 40 but everyone from around here complains that it should be 60 because there is genuinely no need for it to be restricted to 40.

That's why you regularly seem to get the problem I stated in my first post of people sitting close behind when you don't go above the 40mph limit but the distance she kept from my bumper was just moronic.

Yes! I am pretty sure that it is now illegal pal.

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I really need to grow up!

I did think that after I wrote it, but then thought "Nah, it's a pretty serious incident, nobody will turn it into something rude" lol 

Had a guy in an Audi (of course it was a fuching Audi) decide he wasn't happy with travelling the limit in a 30 zone in the middle of the day so he spanked it past me using the oncoming lane, slamming his brakes on to go round a roundabout after which he promptly caught up to the traffic ahead of us and consequently I to him.

I spent the next 5 minutes making my best crazy person eyes at his rearview while we trundled slowly through town. :D

5 hours ago, Hollism said:

Bastard cyclists who fail to realise what inconsiderate arseholes they are by putting a strobe light on their bike.

Plus the 90% of cyclists who sail through red lights

Plus the many cyclists who ride on narrow pavements forcing pedestrians, in particular me and my 18 month old granddaughter into the road, a common occurance in the Queens Road area.

They try to take the moral high ground but are basically selfish and uncaring road / pavement users. 

13 hours ago, Hollism said:

Bastard cyclists who fail to realise what inconsiderate arseholes they are by putting a strobe light on their bike.

There was one of these coming up towards Whetstone tip at just after 5 this morning, I was quite surprised how off-putting it actually was. 

19 minutes ago, stix said:

There was one of these coming up towards Whetstone tip at just after 5 this morning, I was quite surprised how off-putting it actually was. 

My wife suffers from migraines occasionally, those things don't help when she's out driving.

10 hours ago, lee7 said:

Without wanting to come across as argumentative I have a big baby on board sticker in my back window and the distance she was away from my bumper there is no way she could've missed it lol

As for why she was not overtaking me I genuinely have no idea. It is one of those roads that is 40 but everyone from around here complains that it should be 60 because there is genuinely no need for it to be restricted to 40.

That's why you regularly seem to get the problem I stated in my first post of people sitting close behind when you don't go above the 40mph limit but the distance she kept from my bumper was just moronic.

Yes! I am pretty sure that it is now illegal pal.

Does your baby mind being described as "big"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Dampness, salt and debris.

I want dry, spring days and to unleash the two-wheeled monster.

Particularly annoying having spent £6 to have my car washed yesterday as I thought we were in for a few dry days. :angry:

10 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Plus the 90% of cyclists who sail through red lights

Plus the many cyclists who ride on narrow pavements forcing pedestrians, in particular me and my 18 month old granddaughter into the road, a common occurance in the Queens Road area.

They try to take the moral high ground but are basically selfish and uncaring road / pavement users. 

Honestly - I push them over.

Been a competitive cyclist in my past - sponsored rider etc so no prejudice but won't have donkeys riding at me on the pavement and especially when I am out with vulnerable people/adults/kids.I simply put both of my hands out quickly to protect my space and if they are in it, they are on the deck. Strangely not bothered about skateboards or bladers though!

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

Particularly annoying having spent £6 to have my car washed yesterday as I thought we were in for a few dry days. :angry:

Yes it'll be your busy season soon with the two wheeled brigade - I'm hoping we meet in other circumstances buddy!

21 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes it'll be your busy season soon with the two wheeled brigade - I'm hoping we meet in other circumstances buddy!

Yeah... some of the worst sights I've seen have involved those on two wheels.

Just now, Parafox said:

Yeah... some of the worst sights I've seen have involved those on two wheels.

As I've explained repeatedly to people, 'going fast is not the issue - it's really all about the stopping.'

Just had a cyclist dart out of a 2-lane-wide cycle lane into the middle of the road immediately in front of me, as in pretty much on my bumper, to get around another cyclist - had to slam the brakes not to send him flying.  I assumed I must have not been paying enough attention and missed him indicating, but then he did the exact same thing further down the road to another car.  Idiot.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

For the amount the taxpayer contributes to road tax, the quality of our roads are poor.

The taxpayer seems to be shafted every which way. Seems we're picking up the bill for fly-tipping too for all that tips are closed on some days and much of the problem seems to be a result of people going to the tip and finding the gates locked. 

8 minutes ago, Thracian said:

The taxpayer seems to be shafted every which way. Seems we're picking up the bill for fly-tipping too for all that tips are closed on some days and much of the problem seems to be a result of people going to the tip and finding the gates locked. 

Huh?

Surely people just google their local tip and it tells you exactly when it's open - and if it's not go to one of the others that is. People fly tip because they are uncaring human vermin - not because a tip is closed on  Wednesday's and Fridays.

And what the **** has any of this got to do with the roads?

Is it Blair's fault by any chance? 

Edited by Nick
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Just had a cyclist dart out of a 2-lane-wide cycle lane into the middle of the road immediately in front of me, as in pretty much on my bumper, to get around another cyclist - had to slam the brakes not to send him flying.  I assumed I must have not been paying enough attention and missed him indicating, but then he did the exact same thing further down the road to another car.  Idiot.

It'll only be when a cyclist provenly causes a fatality that the authorities will accept they're lethal and need proper rules applied to them like everyone else.

But no they're to be encouraged at every turn and there's not a day goes by in Leicester market where umpteen idiots hurtle through the crowds (well, what used to be crowds) dodging in and out of all and sundry with not a care in the world.

And several times a year my wife or I almost get whacked by some cyclist speeding along the pavement beside our house. The authorities will soon change their mind when some kiddie gets killed or some adult victim reacts badly to being flattened.

Isn't it the council's responsibility to account for the health and safety of everyone? If so, exactly when did it become acceptable for cyclists to ride on anything but the roads or cyclepaths at all? Or to ignore everyone on the roads?. There needs to be a complete change of attitude over bikes and their riders. Together they're potentially lethal.         

This one is from last night actually on my way to my mum;s in Co'ville.

Just came past the M1 junction on the A511 and got behind what looked like boy racer in a old Honda Civic, personalised plates etc.. He seemed to be stuck doing 40-45 though.

Stayed behind him until after the Flying Horse island after which I went past him. Didn't think any more of it, got to the Birch Tree island where there's a bit of a queue as a couple of aggregates lorries are turning, some joker decides to use the 30 odd metres of dual carriageway off the island to cut in, no points for guessing who. Follow him down Bardon Road, at the next island he gets in the right hand lane to go down the bypass before swerving left and heading for the Ville. Next set of light he turns right and speeds away still doing his 40-45 but this time in a 30 zone. He then decides to turn right, just missing an oncoming car.

Swear he was on something!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 13:26, Livid said:

This one is from last night actually on my way to my mum;s in Co'ville.

Just came past the M1 junction on the A511 and got behind what looked like boy racer in a old Honda Civic, personalised plates etc.. He seemed to be stuck doing 40-45 though.

Stayed behind him until after the Flying Horse island after which I went past him. Didn't think any more of it, got to the Birch Tree island where there's a bit of a queue as a couple of aggregates lorries are turning, some joker decides to use the 30 odd metres of dual carriageway off the island to cut in, no points for guessing who. Follow him down Bardon Road, at the next island he gets in the right hand lane to go down the bypass before swerving left and heading for the Ville. Next set of light he turns right and speeds away still doing his 40-45 but this time in a 30 zone. He then decides to turn right, just missing an oncoming car.

Swear he was on something!

Probation?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1