Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Just now, Col city fan said:

I'm only surprised you haven't told us all you can get to 70 in first gear...again

Or was it 90?

lol

You're confusing me with Swanny, Col.

My biker days are long behind me.

4 hours ago, SheppyFox said:
6 hours ago, Milo said:

So do I...um, what's the issue with them..?

(but I'm about 120 miles, not 120 seconds away - so not me causing you grief).

The issue for me isn't the car as such, it's the sheer quantity, takes away the appeal for me :(

True...most of the first team have one  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest seanfox778

This didn't annoy me as such as it's not my life on the line and it's not really my concern but just saw two bloke on one motorbike both in shorts and t-shirt doing 80+ on the motorway. I could only imagine the rate they'd go from human to mush if they happened to slide off onto the gravel, sent a bit of a shudder through me. 

16 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

This didn't annoy me as such as it's not my life on the line and it's not really my concern but just saw two bloke on one motorbike both in shorts and t-shirt doing 80+ on the motorway. I could only imagine the rate they'd go from human to mush if they happened to slide off onto the gravel, sent a bit of a shudder through me. 

I used to ride a bike and did so for a long time

I agree with you 100%,  when we were taught to ride we were also told about the horrors of not wearing the correct gear

See guys in shorts, t-shirts, flip flpps all the time now, plus Uber riders filtering which also sends shivers down my spine.

Good post buddy  :appl:

Ps: Indicators, they're in the car for a reason so how come people don't use them...... that's what annoyed me today  :mad:

26 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

See fairweather riders often riding about without gloves on. Even a 40mph spill would grind those right off

Guest seanfox778
13 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

See fairweather riders often riding about without gloves on. Even a 40mph spill would grind those right off

I fell off without wearing gloves going quite slow round a corner and messed my hand up a bit. That was the last time I didn't wear any protective clothing, it's better to get a bit sweaty than have your skin ripped off. 

Going into a village where there is a 30mph sign and road markings to inform you.

Car in front emergency brakes from 60mph to 20mph at the point of the signs which almost causes me to go into him (i was a safe distance as well).

They then drive through the village at 20mph.

I wish I had a dash cam as i would be reporting the twat for dangerous driving.

11 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Going into a village where there is a 30mph sign and road markings to inform you.

Car in front emergency brakes from 60mph to 20mph at the point of the signs which almost causes me to go into him (i was a safe distance as well).

They then drive through the village at 20mph.

I wish I had a dash cam as i would be reporting the twat for dangerous driving.

Slamming his brakes at the point of the signs nearly made you crash?  You should have already slowed down to around 30 so it wouldn't have been a problem if you were driving correctly and at a safe distance.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Any need to call him names? From your response I'm gonna guess you're an aggressive driver and was probably right up the arse of the guy in front, and that's the real reason his sudden breaking pissed you off. Also you were probably planning to carry on driving at 60 in the 30 zone, hence why you wasn't easing off.

My response is due to the fact that they had previously responded to my posts in a tw@ttish manner.

Absolutely nothing on the roads has annoyed me today - had to get to Guildford for 8.30 and decided to do back routes instead of M25 and A3...delightful drive on a late summers morning through Reigate and Dorking and arrived super early. On the way back decided to risk A3/M25 and sailed through without a hitch. Home, happy, for beer and biscuits by 4.45 lol

(Even some cutting-in white van twat didn't diminish my happy mood). 

See, those hundreds of hours of not moving/crawling along make you appreciate the small things, like being able to get from A to B, so much more

3 hours ago, adam1 said:

My response is due to the fact that they had previously responded to my posts in a tw@ttish manner.

Looks like I've missed a little bit of drama, sorry for hurting your feelings.  To be honest though I don't see what's twattish about my comment up there, but since you say I've done similar before I've had a look back through the thread and you're the guy who thinks it's fine to drive 90mph, almost 30% above the speed limit, just because in your words "I am observing what is happening well ahead of me".  If that were true you wouldn't have been caught out by somebody else responding to a change in the speed limit.

Chill out on the roads and drive properly and you might find less people pissing you off (and less people making "twattish" responses when you air your nonsense grievances).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Looks like I've missed a little bit of drama, sorry for hurting your feelings.  To be honest though I don't see what's twattish about my comment up there, but since you say I've done similar before I've had a look back through the thread and you're the guy who thinks it's fine to drive 90mph, almost 30% above the speed limit, just because in your words "I am observing what is happening well ahead of me".  If that were true you wouldn't have been caught out by somebody else responding to a change in the speed limit.

Chill out on the roads and drive properly and you might find less people pissing you off (and less people making "twattish" responses when you air your nonsense grievances).

Didn't you drink drive home from a New Year's Eve party once?

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Didn't you drink drive home from a New Year's Eve party once?

Aye but I didn't come on here to complain about somebody else inconveniencing me while I was being a tit and I certainly wouldn't get upset if anyone rightly pointed out how fvcking stupid that was.  In fact I think I posted to point out exactly what an idiot I was, thanked my lucky stars that I got away with it without causing any harm to myself or worse some innocent bystanders, and got wise about taking my car with me to big nights out.

But thanks for bringing it up almost 4 years later :dry: (Blimey time flies)

Edited by Carl the Llama

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Aye but I didn't come on here to complain about somebody else inconveniencing me while I was being a tit and I certainly wouldn't get upset if anyone rightly pointed out how fvcking stupid that was.  In fact I think I posted to point out exactly what an idiot I was, thanked my lucky stars that I got away with it without causing any harm to myself or worse some innocent bystanders, and got wise about taking my car with me to big nights out.

But thanks for bringing it up almost 4 years later :dry: (Blimey time flies)

Sorry, that was a bit cuntish of me. I didn't read the thread properly.

12 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

80-90 in a 70 is not 30%.

Doing 80-90 on a motorway when conditions alllow does not kill. In comparison using phones does. I never use phones when driving and I deplore people who do. 

I never drink and drive (even 1 pint). Given the above posters comment I find it ridiculous that you criticise me yet (if there is any truth) you drove home pissed. 

You really are a tw@t if you did that.

Just looking for thoughts about this ...

Was just on my way home and ended up behind an old bloke whose driving was so erratic and dangerous it was scary.
Got to the point where I called 999 and followed him till they caught us up and stopped him.
He had a right old go at me for doing it but he just didn't seem to have a clue what he had done.
Showed the copper the dash cam video i had and he said I did the right thing.
Now I'm wondering what other people would have done ....