Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

9 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Lutterworth Road at lunchtime today, queuing back all the way to the pedestrian crossing on the brow of the hill.

Ridiculous.  Not a bus in sight.  Keep the bus lane open to all on a Sunday ffs and show some common sense.

As well as that, move the last bus stop before the lights back 20 yards, set the camera up on the other lamp post and give everyone more room to make a manoevre into the left hander down to Fosse Park.  Stops idiots flying round the outside past a load of zigzagged cars on the other side of the road as well.

Be careful too, cos that camera is on...

Nightmare...

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Pretty sure the Jag I saw was done.  Decided to put both left hand wheels into the bus lane and then manoevred into it before the "end of bus lane" sign at the end of the queuing run of traffic just for good measure!

I live very nearby and make a point of waiting until I can get completely in the left hand lane. Go over the line at all and you're fooked.

Edited by Col city fan

17 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Now we both know you're talking crap here. That bike is too quick to photograph. The only picture you'd take is one of the reg plate as it flashes past you.

True - It's been reported the Bergman is to replace the police litre sports bikes later this years due to superior acceleration and handling.

suzuki-s-burgman-fue-3_800x0w.jpg

Usually travel to work on my motorbike and so can make use of the bus lanes. 

Took the car today and was on complete automatic...and took the bus lanes most of the way in...!!! 

I did wonder why I was getting funny looks from the other car drivers. 

Ah well, we'll see what the postman brings in the next day or two :sweating:

Edited by Milo
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, separator said:

Good job you didn't park your car very well, Did the bus hit your wheel sticking out? 

Yep - I parked pretty badly (not in a bus stop - I'm not that bad!) and it bounced off my wheel...but if my wheel hadn't been there I reckon the bus would've taken my wing mirror off...

The state of roads.

That's not just today, its every day.

It's alright, i'll pay my road tax, they'll do nothing to improve the roads, my car will get damage going over 10 thousand pot hole along 1 mile stretch and i'll pay again to get my car fixed :thumbup:

• Like 1

The Highways Agency. Don't get me wrong, I know that our roads require maintenance (like all roads of course) but some prior warning of work taking place would be nice.

Driving back from Leicester last night I headed straight onto the M1 southbound, there were no signs or any sort of indication that any work was taking place other than the usual endless roadworks which have been there since that night Kasper scored against Yeovil in early 2014. Anyway I got onto the motorway and soon saw signs stating the J19 exit was closed, thinking that would be inconvenient if I was going that way but thankfully I'm not. So I pass J19 and it's only after then that there is a notice on the overhead sign stating the M1 was shut between J18 & 16. So basically I'm left with no choice but to carry on towards the congestion where 3 lanes of traffic all have to leave at J18. Rather than follow the diversion I took a long route through the arse end of nowhere to get to the M40 (via Daventry & Banbury).

If there was at least some notice of this work taking place while driving up the M1 yesterday afternoon or in Leicester as I approached the M1 / M69 roundabout then I would've taken the M69 / A46 / M40 route home and it would've been a much quicker journey, which would've been nice before a 07:00 start at work this morning. As if the match itself wasn't frustrating enough. Of course it would be nice if Sky didn't select this awful fixture for a Monday night too.