Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

1 hour ago, BlueBrett said:

I haven't. It's annoying but I've always just assumed we arrive at the stop a few minutes before we're scheduled to leave and he likes to take full advantage

Having worked on the buses i can confirm that this is in fact what's happening.

6 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Lucky boy, hopefully the scare has taught you not to drive at such stupid speeds in future.  85+ isn't an overtaking speed because if you're having to drive that fast to overtake someone then there's no reason you can't drive within the speed limit behind them, even allowing for the 10% leeway up to 77mph.

However you want to dress it up, 85+ is an "I'm compensating for my coat-button penis" speed. 

80-90mph on a motorway/dual carriageway is standard for me. I am aware of other road users and I am observing what is happening well ahead of me. I have never had an accident nor have I been caught speeding.

As for a coat button penis. You are correct. Mine is a 10inch toggle on a duffle coat.

5 hours ago, DB11 said:

Are you the keeper of the vehicle or is it a hire vehicle / someone else would have received the NIP and named you as the driver?

I am the keeper and I have double checked to make sure my docs are all correct (v5) and car is registered to my current address!! I admit I did have a little panic on Sunday evening about it!

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

80-90mph on a motorway/dual carriageway is standard for me. I am aware of other road users and I am observing what is happening well ahead of me. I have never had an accident nor have I been caught speeding.

Fair enough but if that's your opinion then you can't really complain if you ever do get charged having consciously decided to exceed the limit.

2 hours ago, adam1 said:

As for a coat button penis. You are correct. Mine is a 10inch toggle on a duffle coat.

I bet you bang more chicks than me too.

20 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Fair enough but if that's your opinion then you can't really complain if you ever do get charged having consciously decided to exceed the limit.

I bet you bang more chicks than me too.

As you are in present tense - no.

If you were in the past tense a resounding don't know but I've had a fair few.

On 26/07/2017 at 22:49, cambridgefox said:

As ever this time of year and living where I do "shit flickers"

Majority are good and pull over if there are a lot of cars behind,but today followed one for 10 miles on an A road.

How were there no overtaking opportunities for 10 miles?!

I used to have a lot of sympathy for the plight of cyclists on the road, but over the last few years the seemingly increasing number of twathead manoeuvres that I've witnessed them pull off, I have to say my level of tolerance for them has sadly dropped through the floor. Travelling down the stretch of dual carriageway from the Foxhunter to the Park and Ride this morning one of them suddenly decides to veer off the path straight into the road directly in front of me. No indication; no look to see if was safe; just straight off the path into the road. Fortunately for him, whenever I see someone on a bike these days I automatically put them into a dickhead classification, and had already determined it would be safe to swerve into the next lane in the event he lived down to my low expectations. Had I not had quite the level of foresight to read his small brain, he would have ended up under my wheels and doubtless would have added another one onto the statistic of poor innocent cyclists seriously injured/killed by an ignorant driver.

2 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Cvnts who drive far too quickly in the pissing rain. Slow down you fvcking idiots 

It's been dry for a bit so despite living in England forget how to drive in the wet for a week and collect Darwin awards as a result.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, isaidno said:

People in the outside lane who decide at the last minute that they want to turn off at the junction , and cut across the front of everyone. You know you're turning off, so get in the inside lane sooner 

I saw that happen twice today. Once on the M27 and then on the M3. It's quite scary actually. If fact I'm finding driving long distances more and more scary in general these days. I don't have to do it very often thank God. Everyone's just in such a rush and a hurry :(

18 hours ago, isaidno said:

People in the outside lane who decide at the last minute that they want to turn off at the junction , and cut across the front of everyone. You know you're turning off, so get in the inside lane sooner 

I see this on the M1 every day

19 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I saw that happen twice today. Once on the M27 and then on the M3. It's quite scary actually. If fact I'm finding driving long distances more and more scary in general these days. I don't have to do it very often thank God. Everyone's just in such a rush and a hurry :(

it genuinely worries me having to rely on other people's judgement when driving in any area whether it's rural areas, town centre or on a long stretch of motorway.

you could be the most reliable, perfectly behaved driver yet some twat next to you or behind you can royally fvck up your journey or drive due to some stupidity. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2017 at 13:45, Uranyl Yellow said:

I used to have a lot of sympathy for the plight of cyclists on the road, but over the last few years the seemingly increasing number of twathead manoeuvres that I've witnessed them pull off, I have to say my level of tolerance for them has sadly dropped through the floor. Travelling down the stretch of dual carriageway from the Foxhunter to the Park and Ride this morning one of them suddenly decides to veer off the path straight into the road directly in front of me. No indication; no look to see if was safe; just straight off the path into the road. Fortunately for him, whenever I see someone on a bike these days I automatically put them into a dickhead classification, and had already determined it would be safe to swerve into the next lane in the event he lived down to my low expectations. Had I not had quite the level of foresight to read his small brain, he would have ended up under my wheels and doubtless would have added another one onto the statistic of poor innocent cyclists seriously injured/killed by an ignorant driver.

The exact same happened to me literally an hour ago...cyclist riding along the path and then all of a sudden boom straight off of the path and onto the road directly infront of my car missing him by inches. 

Absolute w^nker

4 hours ago, lee7 said:

The exact same happened to me literally an hour ago...cyclist riding along the path and then all of a sudden boom straight off of the path and onto the road directly infront of my car missing him by inches. 

Absolute w^nker

Much like all the cyclists with their helmet cameras, I'm seriously considering putting a dashcam in. If the worst happened I just know the police would automatically assume it was the drivers fault. I guess it would help with the idiot drivers as well, though to be honest I can generally read poor drivers far more easily than suicidal cyclists, and it's generally easier to accommodate poor drivers without having to resort to overly drastic manoeuvres.