Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 8/4/2017 at 23:07, Trav Le Bleu said:

Mini roundabouts! How often do you get the situation when 3 people arrive at the same time and you have a Mexican stand-off?

They are just useless.

If drivers knew how to use them propely,their would be no problem!Time's i've just gone when the gormless one to the right of me fumbles around!Do you want an invitation!:unsure:

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

People who drive at 50... everywhere. 

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Slightly less annoying than those that drive at 40 everywhere.

I was once (on the a47, remember it well) behind a car that did 45 all the way from Peterborough to Leicester. It wasn't even over zealously keeping under the speed limit, cos when we went through villages it pulled away in complete ignorance or defiance of the 30 limit signs. Baffling.

Not as annoying as people who overtake you on the straight when you're doing 60 on a single carriageway country road, but slow to 30-40 for every corner and then accelerating off up to 75-80 again. You can be behind these people driving perfectly legal, but being held up and they're frequently breaking the speed limit. Why would you drive like that? The only answer is, you've got a car you love driving fast, but you're quite crap at handling it.

Which also begs the question, OAPs on road in car 20 mph; on pavement in mobility scooter 20 mph, what's that all about?

1 hour ago, PAULCFC said:

If drivers knew how to use them propely,their would be no problem!Time's i've just gone when the gormless one to the right of me fumbles around!Do you want an invitation!:unsure:

You give way to the right (which might be straight ahead), but if you arrive together you can't all give way, so you end up making hand gestures or nodding to each other.

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

You give way to the right (which might be straight ahead), but if you arrive together you can't all give way, so you end up making hand gestures or nodding to each other.

And then after waiting for 2 hours you all decide to go for it at the same time!

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Slightly less annoying than those that drive at 40 everywhere.

Driving back up from the south coast near Weymouth and decided to take the route up through the Cotswolds and onto the Fosse.  Fosse Way is a great road until you get the OAP doing 40 all the way from the A429 turn up to Brinklow.  Impossible to pass.

40mph and nothing else on the road.  One car makes your journey time an extra 30 minutes.  Infuriating.

14 hours ago, isaidno said:

people riding motorbikes wearing shorts and t-shirt. You'd been scraping them of the road if they fell off. 

Seen a couple of these idiots who've come off and abraded their flesh down to the bone

29 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Seen a couple of these idiots who've come off and abraded their flesh down to the bone

Yeah, it's not like we're in California and bikes are used for tootling round and posing on.

Never go anywhere without my kevlar or my full leathers.

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

People who sit outside lane on a dual carriageway and do 60, forcing you to undertake or hold everyone up. If you can't reach the speed limit, keep left so those who can, can overtake.

It's usually someone planning to turn right in like 7 miles or something.

Except the time I followed a guy the whole way up the A6 from Birstall to Loughborough with him doing 40 in the right hand lane the whole way. It was about 11pm and the road was quiet so I held back and didn't undertake him. When he got to the end he pulled into the left hand lane and went into Quorn. Idiot.

Driving nicely along and getting headlight flashed from the car behind me for no conceivable reason and then worrying for the next half an hour that my boot is open, or I have a flat tyre or there is a kitten on my roof or my wife has left me and I've got the sack.

image.thumb.png.e7fe1002ef9ed05b3d5d243dbb17f66a.png

This is the M18 onto A1. M18 traffic flows around the roundabout in this lane without having to stop. You will notice that the lane to the right for all the other road users also has an exit onto the A1.

I was driving around here at 50mph on Sat when some stupid woman had stopped roughly where the car in front is - but in the right hand lane. I'm thinking what the **** and start to ease off expecting something retarded. She indicates left for a split second and then pulls from stationary in front of me. She thought she was in the wrong lane. 20 yards in front of her her lane joins the A1...

Beat that.

Junction 29/30 of the M5 most mornings where everyone who wants to leave the motorway at 30 is piling onto the slip road where people are trying to pull onto it at 29. 

Also a double mini roundabout on the way into Exeter, where if you're going right at the second island you run the risk of being smashed by someone coming the opposite way that hasn't slowed down for the junction. The confusion isn't helped by the amount of people who indicate right at the first island, and leave their indicator on despite taking the first exit at the next. 

Probably already been mention but can't be arsed to look back. I drive through 50 mph average limit from jct19 of the M1 onwards everyday and why even though im doing around 55 mph (you can easily get away with that) I still get lorry drivers driving about 6 inches from my arse flashing me to get out the way. Because of this I do like to piss them off, driving next to another car doing exactly 50 and then they always like to give me a special wave.:D

On 08/08/2017 at 03:50, Great Boos Up said:

Driving nicely along and getting headlight flashed from the car behind me for no conceivable reason and then worrying for the next half an hour that my boot is open, or I have a flat tyre or there is a kitten on my roof or my wife has left me and I've got the sack.

Somehow i read this as your wife was in a sack in the boot