Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

On 09/07/2017 at 21:04, adam1 said:

1) A "safety" camera (words on the van).

2) Deliberately parked so it is obscured by trees but the camera is clear.

3) And located on a dual carriageway where there are no accidents.

It's easy as 1-2-3 to raise money.

I'm doing 85+ over taking several vehicles and a caravan.

B@stards.

How much are fines?

This occurred on the 9th. It is now the 24th. I have to receive a NIP within 14 days. 

I haven't.

:vardy:

• Like 2

The DPD truck driver who decided to undercut everyone on the hard shoulder lane as it was closing, then tried to cut back in , into the side of the Kia in front of me , causing the Kia to swerve out of the way to miss him. So close to being a serious accident .

On 19/07/2017 at 23:20, Parafox said:

I consider myself and (most) of my colleagues professional drivers, we've been extensively trained. I assume taxi drivers would also consider themselves as "professional" due to their job, but actually, they are just someone driving a car. I hate them with a passion. They are the LEAST professional drivers you could ever come across.

I do about 50k a year on the roads, I would definitely consider myself a bit more savvy than your average road user but I don't bend the rules. I hate queue jumpers, lane hoppers and tailgaters. Taxi drivers are awful by and large.

4 hours ago, isaidno said:

The DPD truck driver who decided to undercut everyone on the hard shoulder lane as it was closing, then tried to cut back in , into the side of the Kia in front of me , causing the Kia to swerve out of the way to miss him. So close to being a serious accident .

I have a general dislike for DPD / Courier van drivers, they seem to think it's ok to do 60 mph everywhere even on housing estates. Can't tell you the amount of times I've had one of these pricks tailgating me in a 30 mph zone.

5 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Learner drivers, fair enough i know we was all one once, but some of them are no way near ready for the main roads.

Bit of a contradiction there!

Where do you want them to drive? Around in circles on the same roads in a housing estate? The more time they spend on the main road the better they will become (and quicker to).

On 7/24/2017 at 21:07, Babylon said:

This is outstanding. It's like a monty python sketch.

He is either drunk or completely mental.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/watch-moment-sir-david-attenboroughs-232841.amp

This had me in stitches when I first watched this. 

The guy is off his rocker. 

Although in no way would I ever feel intimidated by him lol

it was a bit much though when he starts pointing at her 11 year old son telling him he's under a citizens arrest. I'm sure for the young lad it was probably quite daunting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adam1 said:

Bit of a contradiction there!

Where do you want them to drive? Around in circles on the same roads in a housing estate? The more time they spend on the main road the better they will become (and quicker to).

Trust me, what i witnessed yesterday she wasn't even ready to do circles around a housing estate let alone be on a main road!

23 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Learner drivers, fair enough i know we was all one once, but some of them are no way near ready for the main roads.

I agree with this - I know they have to start somewhere but my first lesson was at night around an industrial area with no traffic and that was really responsible of the tutor. When you see one on a main road heading in or out of town at rush hour and clearly not up to speed with how roads work, just makes you wonder how many people have been unnecessarily pissed off as a result.

42 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not really annoying but potentially dangerous statistic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40715377

Dunno, given the choice I'd far rather drive on roads populated by drivers 70+ than roads populated by those under 40. Though best not to ask me when I'm stuck behind an OAP crawling up a slip road to join the motorway... Regardless, as that report clearly states, accident statistics for that group are dwarfed by pretty much any other age demographic you choose to mention.

• Like 1

On 24/07/2017 at 18:12, adam1 said:

This occurred on the 9th. It is now the 24th. I have to receive a NIP within 14 days. 

I haven't.

Lucky boy, hopefully the scare has taught you not to drive at such stupid speeds in future.  85+ isn't an overtaking speed because if you're having to drive that fast to overtake someone then there's no reason you can't drive within the speed limit behind them, even allowing for the 10% leeway up to 77mph.

However you want to dress it up, 85+ is an "I'm compensating for my coat-button penis" speed. 

2 minutes ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

Dunno, given the choice I'd far rather drive on roads populated by drivers 70+ than roads populated by those under 40. Though best not to ask me when I'm stuck behind an OAP crawling up a slip road to join the motorway... Regardless, as that report clearly states, accident statistics for that group are dwarfed by pretty much any other age demographic you choose to mention.

I wonder how many of those accident stats of younger, more alert drivers are still caused by old drivers though:  My mate had an accident once because he was travelling in the central lane of a roundabout and this old dude starts merging while the rear of his vehicle is still adjacent to my mate's bonnet.  Instead of letting the old man drive into him he took evasive manoeuvres which resulted in him busting his front-right wheel on the tall kerb of the central reservation and needing to be towed for repairs, meanwhile the old geezer drives off completely oblivious to the damage he's just caused and safe from being added to the statistics sheet.

Guest BlueBrett
7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I wonder how many of those accident stats of younger, more alert drivers are still caused by old drivers though:  My mate had an accident once because he was travelling in the central lane of a roundabout and this old dude starts merging while the rear of his vehicle is still adjacent to my mate's bonnet.  Instead of letting the old man drive into him he took evasive manoeuvres which resulted in him busting his front-right wheel on the tall kerb of the central reservation and needing to be towed for repairs, meanwhile the old geezer drives off completely oblivious to the damage he's just caused and safe from being added to the statistics sheet.

Also a lot of older drivers will do far fewer miles than the average motorist. If you only use your car once or twice a week to do the well worn 3 mile round trip to Tesco then clearly you are less likely to have an accident than someone who covers hundreds of miles per week. The interesting stat would be accidents per mile or per minutes in the car for each age band. I'd wager the old timers would top the pile.

Thing that annoys me on the roads..I get the bus to work because it's pretty convenient and i <3 the environment. Every single day the bloody driver stops for 5 minutes about half way along the route to get off and have a fag. Doesn't really bother me in the mornings but when I just want to get home in the evenings it drives me mad!

Edited by BlueBrett

30 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Also a lot of older drivers will do far fewer miles than the average motorist. If you only use your car once or twice a week to do the well worn 3 mile round trip to Tesco then clearly you are less likely to have an accident than someone who covers hundreds of miles per week. The interesting stat would be accidents per mile or per minutes in the car for each age band. I'd wager the old timers would top the pile.

Thing that annoys me on the roads..I get the bus to work because it's pretty convenient and i <3 the environment. Every single day the bloody driver stops for 5 minutes about half way along the route to get off and have a fag. Doesn't really bother me in the mornings but when I just want to get home in the evenings it drives me mad!

Have you complained ?  That would drive me mad.

On 24/07/2017 at 18:12, adam1 said:

I haven't.

Are you the keeper of the vehicle or is it a hire vehicle / someone else would have received the NIP and named you as the driver?

Guest BlueBrett
23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Have you complained ?  That would drive me mad.

I haven't. It's annoying but I've always just assumed we arrive at the stop a few minutes before we're scheduled to leave and he likes to take full advantage

On 25/07/2017 at 00:20, Tuna said:

I have a general dislike for DPD / Courier van drivers, they seem to think it's ok to do 60 mph everywhere even on housing estates. Can't tell you the amount of times I've had one of these pricks tailgating me in a 30 mph zone.

Cheers mate!! :|