Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

6 hours ago, fox766 said:

Probably already been mention but can't be arsed to look back. I drive through 50 mph average limit from jct19 of the M1 onwards everyday and why even though im doing around 55 mph (you can easily get away with that) I still get lorry drivers driving about 6 inches from my arse flashing me to get out the way. Because of this I do like to piss them off, driving next to another car doing exactly 50 and then they always like to give me a special wave.:D

Yeah they are probably just close to their driving time limit and need to get to the next stop pronto to avoid a fine. So really you are just being a ****.

Most of the locals in the Black Country, where I am working at the mo. The worst place in the world for people cutting you up, eating while driving and then throwing their rubbish out of the window, phoning while driving, and sitting about 6 inches from your back bumper. All at the same time if possible. Every roundabout is littered with glass and plastic fragments from the last prang. Road verges piled high with old sofas, wrecked shopping trolleys, dumped building waste, squashed traffic cones and the remains of numberless vehicles now history. Never seen a street cleaner in the 2 and a half months I have been here. Seen a few rats though! Leicester is a pristine and clean paradise in comparison. Its trees are even green-coloured!!!

Driving down the A46 in torrential rain on the way home from work. Doing 65 in the inside lane, totally clear up ahead as everyone in front of me had filtered off into the exit slip road.... until... some silly cow (with no lights on) decides to pull back onto the A46 without indicating at the very last second, straight in front of me whilst doing about 40mph.

About shit myself, stupid ******* idiot.

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Yeah they are probably just close to their driving time limit and need to get to the next stop pronto to avoid a fine. So really you are just being a ****.

Possibly so but in certain circumstances you are allowed to exceed your hours up to a defined limit per week.

If there was a collision and VOSA checked the tachograph, the truck driver, exceeding the speed limit, would be in doo doo

17 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Possibly so but in certain circumstances you are allowed to exceed your hours up to a defined limit per week.

If there was a collision and VOSA checked the tachograph, the truck driver, exceeding the speed limit, would be in doo doo

They are restricted to 57mph, so will get away with hitting the limiter in a 50mph restriction zone.

10% + 2.

Am I the only one who, when in the right hand lane at a set of red lights (with a big queue of cars behind me) waits until the lights turn green before indicating that I want to turn right?

Huge fun to see all the cars behind now trying to get into the left lane to go straight ahead...!

(don't worry, most wave their appreciation quite vigorously as they pass) :D

3 hours ago, Milo said:

Am I the only one who, when in the right hand lane at a set of red lights (with a big queue of cars behind me) waits until the lights turn green before indicating that I want to turn right?

Huge fun to see all the cars behind now trying to get into the left lane to go straight ahead...!

But you should indicate if it will assist other road users. In that scenario an early indication would have assisted other road users, so why not do it?

12 hours ago, Milo said:

Possibly. I'm mot really sure why you would choose to behave like that. The only occasions I sometimes don't bother to indicate is if my road position/lane makes it obvious which direction I'm going in, or if indicating could possibly send out mixed messages. So, I could maybe understand it if it was a right turn only lane, and people were misusing it to jump traffic going straight on, but if it was a right turn/straight on lane, I really can't fathom why you wouldn't indicate. But then I don't really understand the motivations of internet trolls either. Different strokes I guess...

3 minutes ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

Possibly. I'm mot really sure why you would choose to behave like that. The only occasions I sometimes don't bother to indicate is if my road position/lane makes it obvious which direction I'm going in, or if indicating could possibly send out mixed messages. So, I could maybe understand it if it was a right turn only lane, and people were misusing it to jump traffic going straight on, but if it was a right turn/straight on lane, I really can't fathom why you wouldn't indicate. But then I don't really understand the motivations of internet trolls either. Different strokes I guess...

There was a boy racer behind me, driving like a twat and right up my backside. Waited at the lights then indicated to go right and watched in the rear view mirror as he had to wait behind me...(I didn't even want to go right, just did it to piss him off)

• Thanks 1

More a what on the roads has bemused you but I just got stuck behind a little old lady pootling along at just under 30 on a national limit road leading into a 40 zone, all with dotted whites but alas a lot of oncoming traffic.  Nevertheless it's a pretty nice day down here and it's a nice road too so I was actually perfectly content to just roll along at a safe distance with the windows down and radio off, basking in the sun and enjoying the view and the ambient sounds (and watching the queue forming slowly behind me), no worries. Eventually the oncoming traffic eased up so I overtook her at 40 when it was safe to do so and calmly carry on my way only to look in my rear-view and see her gesticulating at me like I'm being a massive dickhead or something lol 

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2017 at 09:14, Strokes said:

Lorry drivers are up there with taxis drivers for worst road users of all time. They should be mugged off as much as possible.

Edited by Bobby Hundreds

On 06/08/2017 at 23:40, Trav Le Bleu said:

I was once (on the a47, remember it well) behind a car that did 45 all the way from Peterborough to Leicester. It wasn't even over zealously keeping under the speed limit, cos when we went through villages it pulled away in complete ignorance or defiance of the 30 limit signs. Baffling.

Not as annoying as people who overtake you on the straight when you're doing 60 on a single carriageway country road, but slow to 30-40 for every corner and then accelerating off up to 75-80 again. You can be behind these people driving perfectly legal, but being held up and they're frequently breaking the speed limit. Why would you drive like that? The only answer is, you've got a car you love driving fast, but you're quite crap at handling it.

Which also begs the question, OAPs on road in car 20 mph; on pavement in mobility scooter 20 mph, what's that all about?

I drove back from Yarmouth today and a guy in front was doing 40 just after Peterborough. When you go through the villages where the limit is 50 he would increase to 50 and then when it was national speed limit would go back to 40. I have never experienced anything like it driving before.

6 minutes ago, isaidno said:

People who slow down too much for speed cameras.The one on the A46 at Seagrave is set at 70mph, yet people slow down to 50. 

lol yeah I see that all the time, the one on the A43 on the brow of a hill is the worst. People slam their anchors on to 60 for no reason.

Edited by Strokes

Old.. and I mean OLD men/women driving to a garden centre/Morrisons/home/anywhere at a max speed of 27mph no matter what the limit is. Any of the above travelling between Hinckley and Ibstock/Coalville/Woodlands garden centre. Mostly Woodlands. Go home and die. The plants you've just bought will outlive you by several years. Get off the roads you geriatric incompetent dangerous fools

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2