Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm surprised this thread isn't burning up considering whats been going on on the M1 today!

Police confirm that the object wasn't explosive, but analysis is underway over suspicions that it's some chemical.

On 9/10/2017 at 22:34, Strokes said:

Throw it in the bin.

On 9/10/2017 at 23:49, Strokes said:

They could try, they will threaten too but they won't because ultimately they have no real case. If it's council, I pay. If it's these chumps I just ignore it.

No you're wrong that's old advice after the landmark ruling of R v Beavis. I received one in 2011 binned it no problem never heard from them since. If I received one now it would depend which company and then probably wouldn't be worth the risk of ignoring.

4 minutes ago, DB11 said:

No you're wrong that's old advice after the landmark ruling of R v Beavis. I received one in 2011 binned it no problem never heard from them since. If I received one now it would depend which company and then probably wouldn't be worth the risk of ignoring.

I'm still ignoring plenty, I get about 6 a year and unless they are council I just bin em. ANPR cameras are the ones that get me.

Just now, Strokes said:

I'm still ignoring plenty, I get about 6 a year and unless they are council I just bin em. ANPR cameras are the ones that get me.

Hopefully you're fine then but if you look up R v Beavis people are getting court dates from parking tickets they ignored from up to two years ago

Just now, DB11 said:

Hopefully you're fine then but if you look up R v Beavis people are getting court dates from parking tickets they ignored from up to two years ago

I'll be fine, I don't own the car, I'm just the registered driver, it doesn't mean I was driving. I'd love a court date, I've not wore my court suit for ages. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Strokes said:

I'll be fine, I don't own the car, I'm just the registered driver, it doesn't mean I was driving. I'd love a court date, I've not wore my court suit for ages. :ph34r:

771.jpg

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 2

Guest seanfox778
40 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

I feel like 90% of the time I honk my horn, it's because the light has turned green and the person in front of me is too busy on their phone to notice...

Is the other 10% for the ladies :cool:

4 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Cyclists today. Cyclists everyday.

My god I love living in Bristol but the one downside is the 100s of militant cyclists, with their helmet cameras who think they own the roads. And the pavements. Knobs

Was walking in the peaks a few weeks ago and over 2000 went by ...  yep 2000 !! ...  they spilled over both sides of the road, cars behind U turned to find another route and cars coming the other way crept along and mounted the pavement nearly hitting someone on the footpath.   I'm a cyclist but this is just a p1ss take ...

39 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Lazy c**ts that live within walking distance of their kid's school & still drive their kids to from school.  They're lazy, their kids are probably fat little fookers & they give zero shits about anybody living close to the school, other road users & bollocks to pedestrians

Seriously, f*** those guys

1 hour ago, pSinatra said:

Lazy c**ts that live within walking distance of their kid's school & still drive their kids to from school.  They're lazy, their kids are probably fat little fookers & they give zero shits about anybody living close to the school, other road users & bollocks to pedestrians

And 99% of the time it's either a 4x4 or enourmous people carrier taking up maximum space and leaving minimum visibility for residents and pedestrians.

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And 99% of the time it's either a 4x4 or enourmous people carrier taking up maximum space and leaving minimum visibility for residents and pedestrians.

And !! ...   dare I say it ! ..  (Hope Wymes Pankhurst aint reading this..) ...    they are mostly ...   women.    :o

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The parents dropping their kids off will be on their way to work themselves. If they walk their kids to school and then have to walk back home to the car they'll be late for work.

This. It's about a 20 minute walk to school for me, and I have to drive past it to get to work. If I walked back to get the car I'd be late. Same obviously on the way home, pointless driving past at the time my daughter is coming out of school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turbogre said:

No excuse for parking on zig zags and double yellows.

This is it basically.  Drive your kids to school if you want to, but have a little consideration for others. 

My parents live near a primary school, on a little cul-de-sac.  It's total chaos, everyone doing whatever they want, in a rush to get to work & it's dangerous.  I went to visit them today but forgot it was knocking off time for the kids.  Cars parked all over the pavements, on corners, one car with all four tyres on the pavement.  You can get 2 cars on my parent's drive (one behind the other) but my Dad leaves his car on the end of his drive.  If he doesn't, someone will park on it.  He's been out & come back to find someone has parked on his drive.  So he parks behind them & fooks off indoors.  I pity anyone who has to knock on his door asking if he can move his car so they can get out.

17 hours ago, pSinatra said:

This is it basically.  Drive your kids to school if you want to, but have a little consideration for others. 

My parents live near a primary school, on a little cul-de-sac.  It's total chaos, everyone doing whatever they want, in a rush to get to work & it's dangerous.  I went to visit them today but forgot it was knocking off time for the kids.  Cars parked all over the pavements, on corners, one car with all four tyres on the pavement.  You can get 2 cars on my parent's drive (one behind the other) but my Dad leaves his car on the end of his drive.  If he doesn't, someone will park on it.  He's been out & come back to find someone has parked on his drive.  So he parks behind them & fooks off indoors.  I pity anyone who has to knock on his door asking if he can move his car so they can get out.

I know exactly what you mean.  It's not that people shouldn't drive their kids to school - I know a lot of folk that don't really have any option (particularly those that live in the country), but like anything you can do something and not have to be a knob about it.

There's a woman that drops her kid(s) off at my lad's school and every single day she parks on the double yellows just before the T-junction at the end of our road, making it harder for pedestrians to cross as well as cutting down visibility for traffic.  She could park perfectly legally about 50 yards away, but chooses to act like a twat

• Like 1