Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Guest seanfox778
14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

In the 50mph bit of the M1 where there are roadworks....... everybody does 50mph apart from lorries who seem to go as fast as they want. So dangerous.

I see this all the time in the 50 average speed zones, have they got some sort of agreement where they don’t get fined or they know something we don’t? 

Not annoying... but this fella was having a mare on the M1. Hope him and his Van are ok, certainly made me think about getting a fire blanket or extinguisher in my car so that I could help someone in this situation!

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 08.42.27.png

Edited by Babylon

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not annoying... but this fella was having a mare on the M1. Hope him and his Van are ok, certainly made me think about getting a fire blanket or extinguisher in my car so that I could help someone in this situation!

How does that even happen !?

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've always carried fire extinguishers in my cars.  There was an episode of 999 (with Michael Buerk, remember that?) where a car crashed and a lass was trapped and the engine was on fire and before the emergency services came they were trying to put it out as it was starting to burn her legs, and a bloke was running down the massive queue of traffic asking if anybody had a fire extinguisher and no bugger did.  Always stuck in my mind, that did

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

How does that even happen !?

God knows! Chucks a fag out the window and it blows back into the back of the van?

He was jumping in and out the van attempting to get all the burning stuff out. All the stuff you can see on the floor was on fire as well as a bucket / container you can see alight inside. Pretty bloody frightening. The white car just in front pulled over to help so fingers crossed he had a fire extinguisher in his car.

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 08:45, Babylon said:

Another failed terrorist attack.

Nearly cleared up a cyclist who was jumping a red light yesterday and not in that way they do where they're protecting themselves to avoid being crushed by vehicles turning left. 

Also, the sheer number of cars that just gaily drive through red lights now. If they put enforcement cameras on traffic lights they could plug the deficit in months, I reckon

24 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Also, the sheer number of cars that just gaily drive through red lights now. If they put enforcement cameras on traffic lights they could plug the deficit in months, I reckon

This is definitely happening more often now, it's fvcking mental. It's one thing to go through as amber is just about to change but to just drive through 5 seconds after it's gone red? See it so often now, I want to shoot them in the eyeball

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This is definitely happening more often now, it's fvcking mental. It's one thing to go through as amber is just about to change but to just drive through 5 seconds after it's gone red? See it so often now, I want to shoot them in the eyeball

Boils my piss, it does.  Add in the impatient sods that set off before the light turns green, and you've a recipe for...a lot of fuss and silly bother.  And higher insurance premiums for us all, hurray

Guest seanfox778
7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Hobby Horse roundabout in Syston/Thurmaston.

The lanes are too tight to safely turn without worrying whether someone is too close to you either side.

Use the force.

B33F616F-4A3C-4D8A-A9F0-B909668D9C22.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The Hobby Horse roundabout in Syston/Thurmaston.

The lanes are too tight to safely turn without worrying whether someone is too close to you either side.

It's got lanes? Last time I went there the bloody markings were so worn to buggery it was hard to tell. And while on the state of the roads, there's that roundabout coming down from East Goscote to get onto the A47 (Sorry, the A46. No wonder I always get lost) that has a bloody great crevice running round the edge. Slap a sign on it and call it the UK Grand Canyon and I swear it will get some sightseers.

Edited by Uranyl Yellow

6 hours ago, Turbogre said:

Cyclists who take up the whole road and act like they are remaking Tour De France, you'll be doing Tour De Hospital if you carry on.

Why are you copying a tweet that's got about 50k retweets already like no one would notice? lol

• Like 2

I'm sure that 'certain posters' will come out with the funnies about scooters, but it's actually not till you ride a motorbike that you fully appreciate just how shite the roads around Leicester have become. Potholes, patched up bits, fookin speed bumps everywhere, so many different road surfaces etc etc.

A lot of our local roads are shite.

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I'm sure that 'certain posters' will come out with the funnies about scooters, but it's actually not till you ride a motorbike that you fully appreciate just how shite the roads around Leicester have become. Potholes, patched up bits, fookin speed bumps everywhere, so many different road surfaces etc etc.

A lot of our local roads are shite.

and a lot of roads these last few weeks seem to be dug up with temporary traffic lights set up with no sign of any work being done.

I bet some contactors have just pitched a stupid price do the work while the daylight hours are just manageable before the clocks move but they are so thinly staffed the work can't get done. Then after a few days the temporary lights always fail and they become chicken runs.

Enter Somerset, home of the worst roads in the country. Nearly all the public services are contracted out to somewhere far distant from the county, by a council which couldn't give a flying kcuf about supporting the local economy. It's rumoured that Pratkins, who have the gig to maintain roads, only send someone out to fill a pothole when it is big enough to see on Google Earth!