Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

28 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Old.. and I mean OLD men/women driving to a garden centre/Morrisons/home/anywhere at a max speed of 27mph no matter what the limit is. Any of the above travelling between Hinckley and Ibstock/Coalville/Woodlands garden centre. Mostly Woodlands. Go home and die. The plants you've just bought will outlive you by several years. Get off the roads you geriatric incompetent dangerous fools

I bet it's always a Rover or a Honda Jazz!

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I bet it's always a Rover or a Honda Jazz!

Oh yeah, Also Ford Focus Hyundai. Ka. Anything that's £30 road tax.  Anything in drab green grey or faun

Edited by Parafox

14 hours ago, isaidno said:

People who slow down too much for speed cameras.The one on the A46 at Seagrave is set at 70mph, yet people slow down to 50. 

I maintain that speed cameras can be a danger.  They're on most of the overheads on the M25 and I regularly see drivers slow down for each one, race to the next one then slam the brakes on again, and repeat.  It would be much better if they all kept a constant speed.

2 hours ago, Crinklyfox said:

I maintain that speed cameras can be a danger.  They're on most of the overheads on the M25 and I regularly see drivers slow down for each one, race to the next one then slam the brakes on again, and repeat.  It would be much better if they all kept a constant speed.

They are money grabs. Safety is an after thought.

On 13/08/2017 at 17:42, isaidno said:

People who slow down too much for speed cameras.The one on the A46 at Seagrave is set at 70mph, yet people slow down to 50. 

Tbf it is a dangerous junction so really shouldn't be criticised.

That is also one prime example of speed cameras being used correctly - at an accident blackspot. 

In my opinion thet should reduce the speed limit to that junction to 50mph anyway.

On 8/14/2017 at 00:04, Parafox said:

Old.. and I mean OLD men/women driving to a garden centre/Morrisons/home/anywhere at a max speed of 27mph no matter what the limit is. Any of the above travelling between Hinckley and Ibstock/Coalville/Woodlands garden centre. Mostly Woodlands. Go home and die. The plants you've just bought will outlive you by several years. Get off the roads you geriatric incompetent dangerous fools

The ones who annoy me are those who do 40mph in a 60 zone, but when it drops to 30 when going through a village they carry on doing 40. They are literally are taking no notice of the road or your surroundings. Drives me up the wall.

Also a special mention to someone in a Peugeot this morning on the B4114 at about Palmer's Garden Centre. Police car careering up with its lights on in the outside lane, so instead of pulling over (which they could do, easily, no car obstructing) they slow down pretty much to a stop in the OUTSIDE LANE! The copper must've been raging.

Edited by Footballwipe

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Hold on....slowing down for speed cameras...how do you know what they are 'set at'?

They are set at the speed limit of the road that they're on :nigel:

Edited by stix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going round a roundabout, and a woman in a Landrover joins the roundabout when I'm just about to pass, had to slam my breaks on and I honked. She didn't even bother looking or apologise, but her boyfriend/husband in the passenger side decided to stick his out the window and give me some stick, until she pulled over and he got out indicating for me to stop. I was raging, but managed to keep my cool and just keep driving.

Cretin.

People who drive stupidly slowly in the outside lane. Yes, I know you probably want to turn right sometime in the next three light years, but at least drive at something loosely resembling the speed limit of the road. I hate undertaking, but it's either that or have a cortege of cars longer than those bloody tank pride festivals the Russians used to have.

31 minutes ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

People who drive stupidly slowly in the outside lane. Yes, I know you probably want to turn right sometime in the next three light years, but at least drive at something loosely resembling the speed limit of the road. I hate undertaking, but it's either that or have a cortege of cars longer than those bloody tank pride festivals the Russians used to have.

It's the sitting in the right hand lane miles before turning right that winds me up. I'm not for people constantly switching lanes but if you're going to drive at 30 down a dual carriageway then stay in the left lane until you're at least in the same postcode as the junction.

13 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

On 13/08/2017 at 11:19, SheppyFox said:

Not being able to drive more than 120seconds in any direction from my home without seeing someone in a Range Rover.

I drive a Range Rover...

So do I...um, what's the issue with them..?

(but I'm about 120 miles, not 120 seconds away - so not me causing you grief).

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

So that stretch of A46 coming out of Leicester from the Hobby Horse toward 6 hills is 70 limit? Genuinely never knew that.

It depends on what you are driving, Col.

It's only 70 for cars, car-derived vans, and motorbikes (obviously you won't have to worry about the latter reaching those sort of speeds...).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Hold on....slowing down for speed cameras...how do you know what they are 'set at'? I slow down to 50/60 for all of them, cos I have no idea what they are set at?

?

And that's why you are more suited to a Scooter!

lol 

:ph34r:

46 minutes ago, Buce said:

It depends on what you are driving, Col.

It's only 70 for cars, car-derived vans, and motorbikes (obviously you won't have to worry about the latter reaching those sort of speeds...).

I'm only surprised you haven't told us all you can get to 70 in first gear...again

Or was it 90?

lol