Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

yes he must learn! The lessons are expensive. Species that adapt win out – those that can’t respond to their challenges become extinct. It’s now time for NP to show he can adapt.

I think the owners have held their nerve, but lose to Sunderland and qpr he deserves everything he gets, if we lose playing the dreaded diamond, or should I say the 4-6-0.

Until then I hope he see's sense and as you say adapts, as he could be seriously at risk of blowing the chance at the big time, after all the years he's waited to get to manage at this level.

I think all this stuff about Pearson not being able to manage big names, falling out with players, being stubborn etc etc etc is all mere speculation.. That's really all it is. He's a person like the rest of us, he'll have his strengths and he'll have his weaknesses.

What is fact, for me, is this: football, and especially top flight football is a cut-throat world. It's business. End of. Goals are generally short-term, contracts mean diddly squit and loyalty to anything and anyone about went by the wayside when Stevie Walsh finally hung-up his boots.

Pearson must learn and learn very quickly, want it takes to be a Premiership manager. He must have the ability to learn this.

If not, I think he'll be gone, and all the speculation, conjecture and rumour will begin once more. I don't want that. Fundamentally, I like Pearson, he's brought success to my club and I hope he now has the ability to turn around this slump. And stay.

It's complete bollocks, he's coped perfectly fine with Solano, with Konchesky, with Cambiasso, to a lesser extent Nugent, all players with international experience, with FA Cup wins, Europa League and Champions League finals. Pearson's never had an issue with big name players.

He's set us up differently and it hasn't worked. Nothing sinister, nothing arrogant, certainly not stubborn, he's playing the way he thought was best for us. It hasn't produced the results and needs to change or alter it. 

This always happens when teams go on a bad run- interviews are ripped apart, conspiracies dreamt up, insults thrown. It's not unique to our club or fans, however. We need a win and a good performance asap so we can be positive again.

I do not want NP sacked but I will say it again 100 ****ing points playing 4-4-****ing 2 last season.  We need to play to our strengths with players playing in their natural position and play to win.  I am sick of seeing us set up playing to not lose games. I would bet that if we had been on this losing run but playing to win NP would still have 99% of the fans behind him.  IMO it is not the defeats that have split the fans but the way we have played.

It's complete bollocks, he's coped perfectly fine with Solano, with Konchesky, with Cambiasso, to a lesser extent Nugent, all players with international experience, with FA Cup wins, Europa League and Champions League finals. Pearson's never had an issue with big name players.

He's set us up differently and it hasn't worked. Nothing sinister, nothing arrogant, certainly not stubborn, he's playing the way he thought was best for us. It hasn't produced the results and needs to change or alter it. 

This always happens when teams go on a bad run- interviews are ripped apart, conspiracies dreamt up, insults thrown. It's not unique to our club or fans, however. We need a win and a good performance asap so we can be positive again.

Nugent has only got six letters , hardly a big name ? 

I think all this stuff about Pearson not being able to manage big names, falling out with players, being stubborn etc etc etc is all mere speculation.. That's really all it is. He's a person like the rest of us, he'll have his strengths and he'll have his weaknesses.

What is fact, for me, is this: football, and especially top flight football is a cut-throat world. It's business. End of. Goals are generally short-term, contracts mean diddly squit and loyalty to anything and anyone about went by the wayside when Stevie Walsh finally hung-up his boots.

Pearson must learn and learn very quickly, want it takes to be a Premiership manager. He must have the ability to learn this.

If not, I think he'll be gone, and all the speculation, conjecture and rumour will begin once more. I don't want that. Fundamentally, I like Pearson, he's brought success to my club and I hope he now has the ability to turn around this slump. And stay.

I generally agree with your opinion, although I think you could have balanced it out a bit more to substantiate your eventual stance; it was not until the ending of your post that I realized you do support Pearson.

Personally, I support Pearson because of what he has done for the club. I witnessed our capitulation under whoever managed our club and our renaissance under Pearson first-hand so I respect him. I agree with you that he needs to learn quickly. 

Edit: FYI, maybe it's just me but in my opinion you may want to think again about your profile picture. I'm not quite sure who it is but he seems to have a fairly angry and cattish expression. As a result, I had to read your post in my mind in grumpy-mode. Maybe if you change the picture, that could change too.

Just an FYI.

Regards.

I generally agree with your opinion, although I think you could have balanced it out a bit more to substantiate your eventual stance; it was not until the ending of your post that I realized you do support Pearson.

Personally, I support Pearson because of what he has done for the club. I witnessed our capitulation under whoever managed our club and our renaissance under Pearson first-hand so I respect him. I agree with you that he needs to learn quickly.

Edit: FYI, maybe it's just me but in my opinion you may want to think again about your profile picture. I'm not quite sure who it is but he seems to have a fairly angry and cattish expression. As a result, I had to read your post in my mind in grumpy-mode. Maybe if you change the picture, that could change too.

Just an FYI.

Regards.

Best post i've ever read for so many reasons.

Bravo!!

It was all complete bollocks. Look who those perceived 'big names' were, they all ended up at Bolton lol

Cambiasso is a bigger name than any player Sven or Sousa ever signed for us.

I want Pearson to stay too but I'm in agreement that if we lose our next two he could be in deep trouble.

Not yet. The pieces are all there except for the finishing. Would in particular be madness to sack him after the improvement we showed today.

Nothing I saw today has swayed me either way, signs of life, and at last he stopped playing that stupid system, and looked better with width, but we look seriously short of quality, which Pearson is responsible for, as he was in charge of recruitment.

Signs of improvement, so see how we get on next week, hopefully we can score at least, and hopefully get some well needed confidence from today.

Need a completely new strikeforce. Nugent, Wood, Vardy and Ulloa not good enough by a long way. 2 new quality strikers please and a replacement winger for dyer.

Still a side lacking in confidence somewhat but we should've won today. Play like that a most weeks one of those will put a chance away.

I thought Ulloa had a good game today.

Archived