Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

Ok mate I do still. What would you do? Sack him? Who are you bringing in and what is your justification for doing so?

Bring in Tony Pulis.

Justification being that the majority of this squad Pearson has had under his control for at least 2 seasons so he should know exactly how to motivate them by now.

He's signed players who havent improved the squad.

When we start looking decent on the deck, we revert to long ball.

He's continuously spouting shite in his interviews and press conferences.

All of the Pearson supporters are fast running out of excuses to stick up for him.

Bring in Tony Pulis.

Justification being that the majority of this squad Pearson has had under his control for at least 2 seasons so he should know exactly how to motivate them by now.

All of the Pearson supporters are fast running out of excuses to stick up for him.

Opinion invalid my rosy sunshine. 

If I had to ask you, you'd run out of excuses to make any comments regarding such a critical issue seeing as you call anyone you disagree with a muppet. We don't need that ratchet immaturity around here.

Firstly I want Pearson to stay. However there is an area of his management I would aim criticism at. He spoke about people not recognising the scale of the step from the Championship to the Premiership a couple of games ago, but he didn't bring the personal in the summer to deal with the step up. So clearly he underestimated the scale of the step up or failed to get the desired players or overestimated the players brought in. So some blame maybe should be on Terry Robinsons shoulders as well.

For those of you who still think the sun shines out of Pearson's ar thatse, let me point out you are wrong. It's black clouds and heavy rain now chaps!   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Giving him till Christmas lasted till late November then, I'm impressed I thought you'd crack much earlier.

I still think the sun shines out Nigel's ar thatse, much as I did two seasons ago, I was an idiot then as well apparently. Obviously Nigel had reached his level then.

I one for one think Pearson needs to apologise to us all. Today playing a 442 formation, at least we had a go and actually looked like we were in a game. Didn't look we could score but did look like we could at least fend for ourselves.

In my humble opinion after replaying all of our games from this season so far, I believe we are just not good enough to compete in this league at this level.

In every game it almost looks as though we are in a cup game against Premier League opposition.

Today was a good solid Championship performance. We played hard and were determined to get a result. But we were so wasteful and lacking in quality.

Don't think the results are all Pearson's fault because of our weaknesses, but he decides the formation and picks the team.  So it is down to him.

He played Mahrez and he responded by being our best player by far. Deffinately needs to start on a regular basis. Could be a star for top 6 PL team next season.

Some will say Cambiasso had just an ok game but I think he was far away the best in the midfield on either team.

James looked more confident with him there. Making James probably one of our best players on the day. Think he has a future but will have to learn quickly. Else will go back to the Championship and will remail there.

Ulloa another that people will moan about, but for me he was terrific in holding the long ball up and his defensive work was outstanding. Headed away so many crosses from their corners. Nothing flash but very solid. He just generally had no one to pass to or a player like Schlupp or Vardy did not pass to.

Nugent a waste of time and a joke. Just ok at Championship level, deffinately not at this level. Needs to look for a different line of work. Don't think he's beaten any player one on one yet this season. Another one who the blood rushes to his brain with a mere sight of goal. Wonder what he's like around his wife or girlfriend.

Vardy, speedy but no football brain. Got to give him credit for chasing lost causes and trying to close people down but just not good enough at this level and never will be. Doesn't have that instinct when to pass and who to.

Knockart, not got it at this level. Got flair but no footballing brain. Would be exceptional back in the Championship in a year or two.

Schlupp has a problem with blood rushing to his brain too. Needs medication like mine to stop me from having an heart attack when he goes it alone and misses wildly.

DeLat twat. Scares me to death.

Wasliski twat with elbows. Holds his own but will be torn apart by real quality during the Christmas schedule.

Morgan built like a church organ and will survive at this level but in a lower table team.

Drinkwater, drowning at this level. Reserve team player at best

Moore will move to a  Derby when they are promoted and will flourish under decent mangement.

Kasper K . The friendly ghost. In and out of games. Disappears. Today was excellent but other games he's the ghost. Not sure who is in goal.

Knocheski. Got to give him credit will have a go but is mediocre at best. Is often a liablity and looks out of sorts sometimes. I often wonder if he knows where he is on the pitch at times.

Thay is why I think we are sadly not good enought at this level.

With NP managing out of his league it is going to be hard. I may be down right now with this squad but I still believe we may beable to stay up. If NP keeps playing 442 and let's the players play the way they know how to, without being over or incorrectly managed we may survive. It is gpoing to be really hard. But let's get behind the team and all pray together. I for one is going to Mass tomorrow and light a candle.

Regards to all

Best wishes

Opinion invalid my rosy sunshine.

If I had to ask you, you'd run out of excuses to make any comments regarding such a critical issue seeing as you call anyone you disagree with a muppet. We don't need that ratchet immaturity around here.

I'll make any comments you like and have no problem if anyone disagrees with them.

Clear enough?

I one for one think Pearson needs to apologise to us all. Today playing a 442 formation, at least we had a go and actually looked like we were in a game. Didn't look we could score but did look like we could at least fend for ourselves.

In my humble opinion after replaying all of our games from this season so far, I believe we are just not good enough to compete in this league at this level.

In every game it almost looks as though we are in a cup game against Premier League opposition.

Today was a good solid Championship performance. We played hard and were determined to get a result. But we were so wasteful and lacking in quality.

Don't think the results are all Pearson's fault because of our weaknesses, but he decides the formation and picks the team.  So it is down to him.

He played Mahrez and he responded by being our best player by far. Deffinately needs to start on a regular basis. Could be a star for top 6 PL team next season.

Some will say Cambiasso had just an ok game but I think he was far away the best in the midfield on either team.

James looked more confident with him there. Making James probably one of our best players on the day. Think he has a future but will have to learn quickly. Else will go back to the Championship and will remail there.

Ulloa another that people will moan about, but for me he was terrific in holding the long ball up and his defensive work was outstanding. Headed away so many crosses from their corners. Nothing flash but very solid. He just generally had no one to pass to or a player like Schlupp or Vardy did not pass to.

Nugent a waste of time and a joke. Just ok at Championship level, deffinately not at this level. Needs to look for a different line of work. Don't think he's beaten any player one on one yet this season. Another one who the blood rushes to his brain with a mere sight of goal. Wonder what he's like around his wife or girlfriend.

Vardy, speedy but no football brain. Got to give him credit for chasing lost causes and trying to close people down but just not good enough at this level and never will be. Doesn't have that instinct when to pass and who to.

Knockart, not got it at this level. Got flair but no footballing brain. Would be exceptional back in the Championship in a year or two.

Schlupp has a problem with blood rushing to his brain too. Needs medication like mine to stop me from having an heart attack when he goes it alone and misses wildly.

DeLat twat. Scares me to death.

Wasliski twat with elbows. Holds his own but will be torn apart by real quality during the Christmas schedule.

Morgan built like a church organ and will survive at this level but in a lower table team.

Drinkwater, drowning at this level. Reserve team player at best

Moore will move to a  Derby when they are promoted and will flourish under decent mangement.

Kasper K . The friendly ghost. In and out of games. Disappears. Today was excellent but other games he's the ghost. Not sure who is in goal.

Knocheski. Got to give him credit will have a go but is mediocre at best. Is often a liablity and looks out of sorts sometimes. I often wonder if he knows where he is on the pitch at times.

Thay is why I think we are sadly not good enought at this level.

With NP managing out of his league it is going to be hard. I may be down right now with this squad but I still believe we may beable to stay up. If NP keeps playing 442 and let's the players play the way they know how to, without being over or incorrectly managed we may survive. It is gpoing to be really hard. But let's get behind the team and all pray together. I for one is going to Mass tomorrow and light a candle.

Regards to all

Best wishes

Well after that lot we are just a championship team, anyway we will back there next season, and the 9000 so called premiership supporters will have vanished.   

Bring in Tony Pulis.

So Pulis is the perfect candidate to stop this from happening?

Guest seanfox778

We're going to be in a fight for relegation, changing the manager won't do anything (in my opinion) it'll only cause disharmony in the squad, I believe if anyone will get us out of this slump then NP will. Our squad 'togetherness' is a pretty big plus point and I think it'd be ruined by getting rid of Nigel. I'd give him this season and the next regardless. He's still learning too and I believe he'll become a great coach and hopefully it'll be with us. It's pretty worrying how people assume Tony Pulis will magically make us certainties for safety.

One of our main threats last season was Lloyd Dyer.

We lost Lloyd Dyer, didn't replace him like for like and therefore don't pose as much of a threat.

Rocket Science? I think not.

It's still debatable whether Dyer would've been as effective in the Premier League the way he was last season.

Same goes for a "like for like" replacement.

Looking at Dyer at Watford, he's not playing on a regular basis - I know, the Hornets have had a pretty unique managerial merry-go-round, but when four to five different managers don't regard you as good enough to start week in, week out, there must be something to it.

It doesn't matter whether any of us want to get rid of Pearson, that is the owner's choice. Judging by the next seven games (QPR away, Liverpool, Villa away, Man City, West Ham away, Tottenham, Hull away) leading up to the new year, and taking us up to the 19 matches played mark, we will probably need at least 9 points to take us to half of what we will require come the end of the season (38). Unfortunately, I can only see us getting about 3 points from those fixtures on current form taking us up to 13 points, That will almost certainly see us head into the new year bottom of the table and if the owners plan to retain the club's status as a Premier League club and I am certain they do, then I believe that Pearson's time at Leicester will come to an end sometime during December regardless of what any of us want. We need 3 wins from 7, or the equivalent of and I just can't see it from those fixtures. We need to win at least one at a minimum to get to the 9 required. Pearson needs a miracle. Let's face it guys, eventually (probably sometime in the near future) Pearson is going to get sacked and Tony Pulis is probably going to replace him as he is easily the best available manager for our current predicament. Who else could we get? I've thought about it and I genuinely can't think of anyone better who is attainable. Another question, how many points do you truly believe we can gain from the next 7 matches? If the answer adds up to less then 19 in total then you should be open to the idea of a managerial change.

We're going to be in a fight for relegation, changing the manager won't do anything (in my opinion) it'll only cause disharmony in the squad, I believe if anyone will get us out of this slump then NP will. Our squad 'togetherness' is a pretty big plus point and I think it'd be ruined by getting rid of Nigel. I'd give him this season and the next regardless. He's still learning too and I believe he'll become a great coach and hopefully it'll be with us. It's pretty worrying how people assume Tony Pulis will magically make us certainties for safety.

agree.Too many expected immediate success, wrongly believing last seasons results, would guarrantee Premiership sleeky performances.I cant believe how some posters have turned on Pearson, then rip single players apart.

Then have the audacity to believe their own choices would solve all these problems.That buying or bringing in top talent is easier, than Pearson made it seem.

Then some crankies start putting new managers names forward, who definitely wouldnt change the circumstances, but whatever.. lets get rid of NP, as soon as cracks appear and their over zealous dreams are shattered.

Posters say they would like to see us attack more, put more passes together, play quicker, not one dare mention that at the moment, the team on the other side of the pitch are not allowing us, and at present our own players are just not good enough.

Some posters also forget, that we get about 22-25,000 home fans, who obviously have their own opinions On post match threads we see on this forum not more than 1000 posts on any game thread, then these poster claim their given opinions are those of the majority of fans, so they must me right...

For those of you who still think the sun shines out of Pearson's ar thatse, let me point out you are wrong. It's black clouds and heavy rain now chaps!   :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Good I like rain. And you could always stick to Welford Road, you're probably calling for baldy's head over there too.

We should take a leaf out of Southampton's book and have the courage to get rid of a manager who is clearly not up to Premiership standards . It worked for them well enough.

For them. Name me any other club who did it and succeeded....Cardiff got rid of Mackay, went back down and generally the clubs who chop & change end up unstable and relegated. We're a classic example of sticking by a manager. Pearson had a rough patch two seasons ago, the owners didn't shit themselves and stuck by their man. He's built a promotion winning side and now needs everyone's backing whilst he builds a Premiership squad.

Bring in Tony Pulis.

Motivating them hasn't been an issue. The players aren't falling out and aren't showing any signs of dissent. We're not getting stuffed 4-0 each week, we just need to be more clinical. On another day we could have bagged 2 or 3 today.

Players haven't improved the squad? I'd argue Ulloa is an improvement on Nugent & definitely Wood. Cambiasso is a world ahead of our other CMs. And given that it was Pearson who signed Mahrez, Knockaert, Morgan, Wasyl, Drinkwater, James and Vardy his transfer record isn't exactly bad is it? Come January, he'll sign a couple more to improve the ranks now that he's had a chance to see who is and isn't up to the task.

If you don't like Long ball, why are you begging for King Pulis?

Press conference sound bites mean absoluely f**k all. They're no reason to sack a manager. Ian Holloway loved a joke with all his mates in the press, but he's a piss-poor manager who's found his level at Millwall. Harry Redknapp's another. Loves a joke and a bit of press conference banter. And for all that he's a wideboy with one trophy in 23 years as a manager. Some of the ridiculous questions that you get asked by a dozen different media guys aren't worthy of a response anyway. I'd give him a round of applause if he stuffed Stringer's mic down his throat. To even mention the press conference thing, you're clutching at straws. It has no bearing on you as a manager.

I one for one think Pearson needs to apologise to us all.

Mate, I agreed with a lot of what you said, especially about Cambiasso & Vardy but Pearson doesn't need to answer or apologise to anyone. No manager has ever needed to answer to the fans for their tactics or playing style. In the same way as if the fans aren't up for it and don't sing as loud we should apologise to the team?

I've said for the last few weeks of anti-Pearsonism that he's not stupid, he knows when things are and aren't working and he's clearly seen the diamond wasn't creative enough. He tried it for a few games and found it didn't suit the players. And that's his job. He changed tactics, brought wide men back in, like we all wanted and he's still getting flack. I genuinely believe even if James or Mahrez had tucked their chances away today that people would still be calling for his head. It's a personal thing because some of you want a personality in charge not a straightforward team manager who gets on with the job without craving celebrity or favour with the press. Pulis could come in tomorrow, get 25 games with the squad and still get us relegated. You'd all blame Pearson because "Tony inherited a mess". And the worst thing? Those of you calling Pearson stubborn and arrogant will be the very ones who refuse to admit you were wrong if we get relegated having sacked Pearson.

Shut up whingeing. Get behind the manager, get behind the players, get behind the club.

It's a hard league where you need to keep your bottle and dig in to survive. You Pearson-hating, whining pansies are doing far more damage to the season than the manager and you're an embarrassment. Get some balls and unknot your knickers.

Good I like rain. And you could always stick to Welford Road, you're probably calling for baldy's head over there too.

For them. Name me any other club who did it and succeeded....Cardiff got rid of Mackay, went back down and generally the clubs who chop & change end up unstable and relegated. We're a classic example of sticking by a manager. Pearson had a rough patch two seasons ago, the owners didn't shit themselves and stuck by their man. He's built a promotion winning side and now needs everyone's backing whilst he builds a Premiership squad.

Motivating them hasn't been an issue. The players aren't falling out and aren't showing any signs of dissent. We're not getting stuffed 4-0 each week, we just need to be more clinical. On another day we could have bagged 2 or 3 today.

Players haven't improved the squad? I'd argue Ulloa is an improvement on Nugent & definitely Wood. Cambiasso is a world ahead of our other CMs. And given that it was Pearson who signed Mahrez, Knockaert, Morgan, Wasyl, Drinkwater, James and Vardy his transfer record isn't exactly bad is it? Come January, he'll sign a couple more to improve the ranks now that he's had a chance to see who is and isn't up to the task.

If you don't like Long ball, why are you begging for King Pulis?

Press conference sound bites mean absoluely f**k all. They're no reason to sack a manager. Ian Holloway loved a joke with all his mates in the press, but he's a piss-poor manager who's found his level at Millwall. Harry Redknapp's another. Loves a joke and a bit of press conference banter. And for all that he's a wideboy with one trophy in 23 years as a manager. Some of the ridiculous questions that you get asked by a dozen different media guys aren't worthy of a response anyway. I'd give him a round of applause if he stuffed Stringer's mic down his throat. To even mention the press conference thing, you're clutching at straws. It has no bearing on you as a manager.

Mate, I agreed with a lot of what you said, especially about Cambiasso & Vardy but Pearson doesn't need to answer or apologise to anyone. No manager has ever needed to answer to the fans for their tactics or playing style. In the same way as if the fans aren't up for it and don't sing as loud we should apologise to the team?

I've said for the last few weeks of anti-Pearsonism that he's not stupid, he knows when things are and aren't working and he's clearly seen the diamond wasn't creative enough. He tried it for a few games and found it didn't suit the players. And that's his job. He changed tactics, brought wide men back in, like we all wanted and he's still getting flack. I genuinely believe even if James or Mahrez had tucked their chances away today that people would still be calling for his head. It's a personal thing because some of you want a personality in charge not a straightforward team manager who gets on with the job without craving celebrity or favour with the press. Pulis could come in tomorrow, get 25 games with the squad and still get us relegated. You'd all blame Pearson because "Tony inherited a mess". And the worst thing? Those of you calling Pearson stubborn and arrogant will be the very ones who refuse to admit you were wrong if we get relegated having sacked Pearson.

Shut up whingeing. Get behind the manager, get behind the players, get behind the club.

It's a hard league where you need to keep your bottle and dig in to survive. You Pearson-hating, whining pansies are doing far more damage to the season than the manager and you're an embarrassment. Get some balls and unknot your knickers.

The final sentence does no-one any good, which is a shame cos the rest of the post has some substance to it. Those who go to extremes to slate people who are critical, upset or worried ('Pearson-hating, whining pansies'), do as much damage as those who call for the managers' head far too soon. As well as being well, just rude, it generally strengthens the resolve of those wanting to criticise, those wanting him sacked. It doesn't make people think hmmm.Iancognito has called me a such and such, so I'll stop thinking what I'm thinking. If anything, it makes them think the opposite.

I've seen this many times on this forum..having been completely mullered for criticising Sven, Beckford and suggesting Cambiasso may now not be the saviour many thought he would be. Time after time, I've been faced with a comment like your last one and do you think it has made me change my mind? ....of course not.

No, the reality appears to be that Pearson has not bought particularly well in the summer. We have strengthened in numbers, but not sufficiently in quality. Look at the forthcoming game against QPR... Redknapp and QPR were again slated over the summer for 'spending', filling the team with 'journeymen' etc.. But who, hand on heart, thinks we'll get a result on Saturday? Who is genuinely confident that we will go to Loftus Road and come away with even a draw?

We might...but that's not the point..IF people were so confident with Pearson and IF people really thought QPR were dross, then they'd also think we have a great chance on Saturday..well not many do..?

Pearson needs to show us that he can perform much better with the squad he has assembled at this level. This must start next weekend. Anything else is a smokescreen to avoid the reality that he and we, are starting to fail. I don't want him gone, I want him to do well for us in the Prem. But don't label people Pearson hating whining pansies when they just don't see where our next win is coming from.

The final sentence does no-one any good, which is a shame cos the rest of the post has some substance to it. Those who go to extremes to slate people who are critical, upset or worried ('Pearson-hating, whining pansies'), do as much damage as those who call for the managers' head far too soon. As well as being well, just rude, it generally strengthens the resolve of those wanting to criticise, those wanting him sacked. It doesn't make people think hmmm.Iancognito has called me a such and such, so I'll stop thinking what I'm thinking. If anything, it makes them think the opposite.

I've seen this many times on this forum..having been completely mullered for criticising Sven, Beckford and suggesting Cambiasso may now not be the saviour many thought he would be. Time after time, I've been faced with a comment like your last one and do you think it has made me change my mind? ....of course not.

No, the reality appears to be that Pearson has not bought particularly well in the summer. We have strengthened in numbers, but not sufficiently in quality. Look at the forthcoming game against QPR... Redknapp and QPR were again slated over the summer for 'spending', filling the team with 'journeymen' etc.. But who, hand on heart, thinks we'll get a result on Saturday? Who is genuinely confident that we will go to Loftus Road and come away with even a draw?

We might...but that's not the point..IF people were so confident with Pearson and IF people really thought QPR were dross, then they'd also think we have a great chance on Saturday..well not many do..?

Pearson needs to show us that he can perform much better with the squad he has assembled at this level. This must start next weekend. Anything else is a smokescreen to avoid the reality that he and we, are starting to fail. I don't want him gone, I want him to do well for us in the Prem. But don't label people Pearson hating whining pansies when they just don't see where our next win is coming from.

Great post col, some would rather blame fans for moaning as the cause of the problem, the only people who can control how well we play are the players and manager.

Pearson has made errors in the summer and over the last 5 or 6 games, but him seeing sense, and even though not a great performance, at least we looked like getting something, and that may take the pressure off temporary.

If we can make January, without being dead and buried in the bottom 3, we may get the missing links in the window, if we carry on in the form of the last half dozen games, sadly it won't be Pearson spending in jan, in my opinion.

We are where we are with the resources we have.

We are on target for 17th place.

All going well as far as I'm concerned.

Anybody who thinks we are entitled to be in the top ten is deluded and a tad arrogant considering the company we are in, and people calling for the managers head because we are going through a dry patch need to accept its gonna be a long season as we are now a little fish in a big pond and the step up in quality at this level is about clinically finishing the few goal scoring opportunities you get and it's gonna take a bit of time to get that right.

All a bit knee jerk for me - ill start worrying in February if we are six points adrift of 17 th place.

Much more encouraging performance yesterday and we'll probably lose to QPR and beat Liverpool!

We are where we are with the resources we have.

We are on target for 17th place.

All going well as far as I'm concerned.

Anybody who thinks we are entitled to be in the top ten is deluded and a tad arrogant considering the company we are in, and people calling for the managers head because we are going through a dry patch need to accept its gonna be a long season as we are now a little fish in a big pond and the step up in quality at this level is about clinically finishing the few goal scoring opportunities you get and it's gonna take a bit of time to get that right.

All a bit knee jerk for me - ill start worrying in February if we are six points adrift of 17 th place.

Much more encouraging performance yesterday and we'll probably lose to QPR and beat Liverpool!

Good reply, i agree. There's still some time, look at Newcastle..5 wins, 5th place

To be honest Col, I don't usually start handing out the abuse but I can't be doing with all this panicking. A lot of people who have criticised the managerial merry-go-round are saying we should change the manager, people who were saying in August they'd be happy finishing 17th aren't happy and yet we're 17th! I'm just frustrated with the impatience people are showing with a guy who hasn't actually failed the club at any point. He needs time and he needs better players. Pearson has seen this squad do some good things and bad things over the first 3 months of the season, he can see where the weaknesses are and knows he needs at least two more quality bodies in January to give us a cutting edge and stay out of the bottom 3.

He took the Holloway squad and rebuilt it. He took the Sven squad and rebuilt it. Now he needs to take his own Championship squad and do the same. A few of the guys he gave new contracts to not so long ago are going to have to shape up or ship out.

Archived