Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Burbo17J2

Pearson has to go!

Good reply, i agree. There's still some time, look at Newcastle..5 wins, 5th place

Newcastle are an established prem team who have quality they were in a false position come the start of the season, if we get 5 wins on the bounce then f**k me we have done unbelievably well.

I am all for giving NP time but he needs to buckle up and start showing his credentials, a relegation for us would be a travesty, survival is our aim but I don't think my heart could cope with a Relegation/ survival decider come the QPR (h) game!

It's pretty f**king clear our Summer Transfer window was a farce, and whether we can rectify that in January remains to be seen.

To be honest Col, I don't usually start handing out the abuse but I can't be doing with all this panicking. A lot of people who have criticised the managerial merry-go-round are saying we should change the manager, people who were saying in August they'd be happy finishing 17th aren't happy and yet we're 17th! I'm just frustrated with the impatience people are showing with a guy who hasn't actually failed the club at any point. He needs time and he needs better players. Pearson has seen this squad do some good things and bad things over the first 3 months of the season, he can see where the weaknesses are and knows he needs at least two more quality bodies in January to give us a cutting edge and stay out of the bottom 3.

He took the Holloway squad and rebuilt it. He took the Sven squad and rebuilt it. Now he needs to take his own Championship squad and do the same. A few of the guys he gave new contracts to not so long ago are going to have to shape up or ship out.

That, I agree with completely.

:thumbup:

The final sentence does no-one any good, which is a shame cos the rest of the post has some substance to it. Those who go to extremes to slate people who are critical, upset or worried ('Pearson-hating, whining pansies'), do as much damage as those who call for the managers' head far too soon. As well as being well, just rude, it generally strengthens the resolve of those wanting to criticise, those wanting him sacked. It doesn't make people think hmmm.Iancognito has called me a such and such, so I'll stop thinking what I'm thinking. If anything, it makes them think the opposite.

I've seen this many times on this forum..having been completely mullered for criticising Sven, Beckford and suggesting Cambiasso may now not be the saviour many thought he would be. Time after time, I've been faced with a comment like your last one and do you think it has made me change my mind? ....of course not.

No, the reality appears to be that Pearson has not bought particularly well in the summer. We have strengthened in numbers, but not sufficiently in quality. Look at the forthcoming game against QPR... Redknapp and QPR were again slated over the summer for 'spending', filling the team with 'journeymen' etc.. But who, hand on heart, thinks we'll get a result on Saturday? Who is genuinely confident that we will go to Loftus Road and come away with even a draw?

We might...but that's not the point..IF people were so confident with Pearson and IF people really thought QPR were dross, then they'd also think we have a great chance on Saturday..well not many do..?

Pearson needs to show us that he can perform much better with the squad he has assembled at this level. This must start next weekend. Anything else is a smokescreen to avoid the reality that he and we, are starting to fail. I don't want him gone, I want him to do well for us in the Prem. But don't label people Pearson hating whining pansies when they just don't see where our next win is coming from.

Spot on Col

IMO you only fire someone if they're not competent, and NP's achievements to date don't support that.

He kept faith with the players that got City up, in the main.  Some of them, but not all, will develop into PL standard.  The rest will go, in time.  In the meantime we have the squad that he's assembled on the budget that he was permitted.

One problem at present is that confidence is low and that translates into missed passes, poor decision making and woeful attempts at goal.  However, the spirit in the squad appears to be good and that will help get us through the lean times.

I've waited a long time to see City back in the PL and would be gutted if we were relegated, however I'd also be very disappointed if we sacked a manager who has taken this club forward through difficult times.  He deserves some loyalty too.

It's still debatable whether Dyer would've been as effective in the Premier League the way he was last season.

Same goes for a "like for like" replacement.

Looking at Dyer at Watford, he's not playing on a regular basis - I know, the Hornets have had a pretty unique managerial merry-go-round, but when four to five different managers don't regard you as good enough to start week in, week out, there must be something to it.

I appreciate when "his pace goes he'll be a crap player" but there was no signs of that happening to be honest, he was ripping up the right-back every single week. A lot of our positive play went through Lloyd Dyer making something out of nothing last season and we miss that.

Pearson is playing Jeff Schlupp there at the moment, and if he honestly thinks Jeff is better/will be better than Lloyd as a winger then he's gone mad.

He fitted in well here, and if I were Pearson I'd aim to loan him back in January.  With Watford, to be honest I'm not sure which formation they go with these days but under Sannino they were playing rigid football that didn't allow for wingers, therefore Lloyd would either be playing at LWB or on the bench.

I appreciate when "his pace goes he'll be a crap player" but there was no signs of that happening to be honest, he was ripping up the right-back every single week. A lot of our positive play went through Lloyd Dyer making something out of nothing last season and we miss that.

Pearson is playing Jeff Schlupp there at the moment, and if he honestly thinks Jeff is better/will be better than Lloyd as a winger then he's gone mad.

He fitted in well here, and if I were Pearson I'd aim to loan him back in January.  With Watford, to be honest I'm not sure which formation they go with these days but under Sannino they were playing rigid football that didn't allow for wingers, therefore Lloyd would either be playing at LWB or on the bench.

You still have to look at the majority of the opposition in the Championship - which opposing team could afford a speedy and equally defensively talented right-back who could cope with Lloyd's runs? How many quality Championship right-backs are there now?

The quality in the Premier League is on another level.

I'm not saying Schlupp isn't of the same quality or mould as Dyer, but give the guy a break. He's eleven years younger. Dyer didn't hit his peak after he hit 26, and that was with us, in a good team with a good team spirit.

Pearson will be gone after the next 2 games so Dyer coming back is irrelevant!  Both QPR and Villa need to be beaten or a draw as a minimum if not bye Pearson.  We played better yesterday because we played against an average side in Sunderland.  The Pearson lovers would keep him if we were to get relegated and they would claim its the owners fault for bankruptcy as a result of keeping him, its a business based on results of staying in the premier league to bring in the income.  This man is too stubborn to change and adapt, last season we had superior players to the majority of the division so we went out and in his words "its about our performance" Now its all about the opposition and he cant seem to revert, anyway next 2 games will be the pivotal point of the season I believe. 

I thought the game was a good indication that we're better off, for now at least, with Pearson in charge. The work-rate was there, we created chances and we defended bravely. We haven't scored in, what, five games - but haven't kept a clean sheet in even longer, so this will have given us confidence. If we can give this line-up another week to gel (and with these same eleven players it wouldn't be hard to move between 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3) then we'll see an even greater improvement next week.

However I have to say that the pro-Pearson group are doing their best to lose the argument on here. The 'who else is available?' argument is fundamentally flawed because there is a guy out there who could come in and would stand a fair chance of doing a better job, the 'changing managers rarely works' argument is just wrong, the 'stick with him at all costs' argument isn't even an argument and the 'you're disloyal if you don't like the manager' argument is the equivalent of calling everybody a tw*t and storming out of the pub.

The real argument is that the start to the season has not been a disaster, that progress was made yesterday and we can't expect a top half finish. Unlike many sides who have been successful in changing managers, ours has been formed over many years, and in the image of the man who is currently in charge. It might have been better for us had that manager been someone else (I doubt it), but it wasn't. He does need to learn and learn fast, though, and mistakes have been made that can't be repeated if he wants to lead us to safety and remain in a job.

I can't say I'd trust us to pull a Pochettino or a Koeman out the bag.

Proven track record. Oh a big club want me here is my notice.

Personally even if we go down unless our form changes drastically ( 4-0 5-0 every week) I would rather we stick with Nige.

It is his squad and they don't seem to have a problem with him and we know what they can all do in the Championship.

Not happy with the last few games but our fate is in our hands the way some are talking you would think we were needing snookers already.

Interesting that Pardew and Allerdyce have turned the corner with owners support. Surely Pearson deserves a bit longer than a dozen matches as well.

A dozen do you not mean 7 games he was god after the Man U game.

As for Pardew and Allerdyce there fans never wanted either in the first place.

It's funny how the acceptance of the manager (or dislike thereof) has had a diametrical effect on the club's fortunes in the league in those two cases.

West Ham lie in 6th position, Newcastle in 5th.

Patience seemingly paying off for both managers.

5th and 6th in the Premier League. Seems like a good argument for taking absolutely no notice of "fans" then!

Went down to the concourse yesterday & the first thing I saw (on the screens) was a shot of Pearson slouched in the dug out having a massive yawn.

I felt like grabbing the ****er by the shoulders & giving him a shake. 

We look like a Championship side in the wrong division. Hesitant  / lightweight / no bite & limited ability…and bizarrely with a manager that looked to be unconcerned by it all. 

It is his squad and they don't seem to have a problem with him and we know what they can all do in the Championship.

Speaking this way about Leicester and Pearson in particular just shows what you truly are. Sugarcoating an insult doesn't go past my eyes. Sia tbh

Went down to the concourse yesterday & the first thing I saw (on the screens) was a shot of Pearson slouched in the dug out having a massive yawn.

I felt like grabbing the ****er by the shoulders & giving him a shake. 

We look like a Championship side in the wrong division. Hesitant  / lightweight / no bite & limited ability…and bizarrely with a manager that looked to be unconcerned by it all. 

I saw him smiling too. Disgusting.

It's funny how the acceptance of the manager (or dislike thereof) has had a diametrical effect on the club's fortunes in the league in those two cases.

West Ham lie in 6th position, Newcastle in 5th.

5th and 6th in the Premier League. Seems like a good argument for taking absolutely no notice of "fans" then!

Did our owners not prove that last season. Had they acted the previous season as a lot wanted would we have gone up? I doubt it but we may have had another 2 managers by now.

Archived