Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

I feel for schlupp abit, he's currently not up to standard, but has never had a settled position. couldn't command a regular first team place in the championship, but is no thrown into a struggling side, which lacks quality, as does he.

I think it would do him the world of good to go out on loan to a championship side, and have a season in a set position, and where he will be playing every week.

Babylon was spot on in the match thread. Schlupp is ALL instinct. Give him little time, so he don't have to think, he'll do something good. Give him time, so he does have to think, he'll look silly sometimes. I don't think he has much of a footballing brain if I'm honest. Autonomically, he's brilliant..fast, powerful, and pretty strong. Cognitively, the reverse.

IMO.

This. The difference between his goals against Burnley and QPR, and the miss vs Everton was the same - both of those he had no time to do anything but hit and hope, Everton he looked like Clive Thomas - got through on goal and looked like a rabbit in the headlights.

Jeff's biggest problem is he doesn't seem to know what to do once he's beaten his man. He can beat his fullback for fun, but that's not enough, it needs an end product, and that from Jeff is erratic at best.

The guy is infuriating, I've said it before. He has so many positive attributes but when he has to long to think about something it invariably ends up being awful. When he plays on instinct and things happen quickly he ends up doing something good.

Babylon was spot on in the match thread. Schlupp is ALL instinct. Give him little time, so he don't have to think, he'll do something good. Give him time, so he does have to think, he'll look silly sometimes. I don't think he has much of a footballing brain if I'm honest. Autonomically, he's brilliant..fast, powerful, and pretty strong. Cognitively, the reverse.

IMO.

Sorry, didn't see this so I've just repeated it all... yes that's what I think lol

I love how you can't help but mention the Rotherham game whenever you make a point about Schlupp Thrac lol.

Very good hit by him on Saturday. He can be absolutely infuriating with his ability to get into great positions and then squander a good deal of them. I think if he remains as he is, he'll make a very good career for himself YoYo'ing between the top two divisions. His pace and strength are frightening, the ability to collect the ball on the edge of your own box and be on the edge of the opponents box in 7 or 8 seconds is a dangerous weapon to possess. 

If he managed to improve his composure and be more consistent with his striking of the ball (crossing, passing and shooting) he would be a top half premier league player. Maybe with game time and top level exposure his confidence will grow. At the minute though it's clearly not there and he can infuriate fans. Long term, I still think he's a very good prospect.

Sorry, didn't see this so I've just repeated it all... yes that's what I think lol

lol..

Imo thats why the bigger clubs who looked at him ultimately said no.

I think they thought 'how do we make him into a brilliant finished product'?

And ultimately decided, they couldn't...

Again, it shows how the very best players tend to have that 'footballing brain'.

People bang-on about how i 'bang on' about Cambiasso. You can see he has a super footballing brain. That's clear. But now, I think he's lost some of the essential physical attributes he had. That's probably why Inter decided to let him go (and this is a very average Inter side at present). A few years back, he must have been a sensational player.

He's a poor footballer but who else have we got to play there? Knocky has no pace, Albrighton out of form. Needs addressing in Jan for sure.

Wouldn't say Albrighton was out of form, has had no real chance to get form going and put himself about on Saturday. Unfortunately his man asset of crossing was nullified by our best attacker in the air being taken off before he came on.

Konch has been ok this season for me. We have bigger problems to address than left back now, a winger, right back and goalkeeper look areas of great cause for concern.

He's a poor footballer but who else have we got to play there? Knocky has no pace, Albrighton out of form. Needs addressing in Jan for sure.

For me albrighton needs games, he showed enough Saturday for me, to prove he is up for a fight, and has that bit of quality, but he's not been given a chance as of yet.

For me albrighton needs games, he showed enough Saturday for me, to prove he is up for a fight, and has that bit of quality, but he's not been given a chance as of yet.

Fair point. Just going on assumption of Nige's opinion. He plays on the right though doesn't he?

Schlupp was atrocious today. I can't believe what I'm reading from some posters who I had previously assumed had eyes/opinions I agreed with :)

Created 0 chances, completed 70% of his passes and managed 0/3 crosses.

He was absolutely dire. I cannot believe that anybody has watched that game and thinks he played well. He hasn't got the foggiest idea what he's going to do with the ball when he gets it, his awareness of his team mates is almost non-existent and his end product is comfortably sub-Dyer.

THIS. It's an absolute joke he gets game time. The goal a fluke as anyone who watches him play regularly must know!

THIS. It's an absolute joke he gets game time. The goal a fluke as anyone who watches him play regularly must know!

Christ! A young lad, one of our own, scores a CLEARLY Intentional goal and even then you can't give him any credit. It was a typical Schlupp goal..he had zero time to pick his spot, and because of that, picked his spot instinctively. And it was a superb goal..

I honestly thought he was outstanding today. I was saying this about ten minutes before the goal, as well. He's a young lad, a really bright and versatile prospect with pace, strength and qualities in attack and defence. The stick he gets is baffling at times. For instance, this place is awash with people moaning every time he gets the nod at left back and then, in no time at all, everybody's acting surprised that he did a pretty solid job. I mean, this has happened three or four times now. Can't we just accept that he's a decent young player?

You mean show confidence in a young and promising footballer who plays for Leicester and needs confidence and time to perfect his game, instead of slating him relentlessly regardless of his performance and groaning loudly every time he makes a minor error? It might catch on but I doubt it. We will just hound him, boo him, and cheer when he gets subbed until he would rather play at any club that isn't ours.

Archived