Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

If it was just one incident last night I could understand the post above. Obviously for anybody with eyes it was a string of totally bizarre actions in the first half:

Not shutting down the cross for the first goal despite having more than ample time to do so.

Chasing a pass, looking like he could easily keep it in, stopping, watching it roll out of play and then running after it again.

The aforementioned touch line incident

His traditional one-per-game shanked cross which was, from a fairly straight position, behind the goal before it reached the front post.

I sit in the West Stand and he spent a lot of the first half right in front of me. Looked like he had absolutely no idea where he was let alone that there was a game going on and that he was supposed to be playing in it.

The fact that he came through the academy is totally irrelevant when we're in a plight like this. We've carried him for 75% of the last two games.

I did think he had a good second half yesterday though (I thought he was playing left back with Konchesky at centre back but what do I know, apparently because I don't think Schlupp is playing well I was crying when George Taft left).

I have never seen one of our players be so unjustifiably vilified as Jeff. I'm honestly ashamed to read some of this utter crap posted in here. He's a product of our youth system and still only 21. Its laughable that most of you turds were crying when a 21 year old George Taft was released.

Schlupp gave his all last night and using one isolated incident to patch up your vitriolic statements which Jeff is continuing to prove wrong.

For crying out loud, the lad ended up at centre back last night and did a grand job of it for the twenty minutes he played there. Capable of playing in almost every position and his pace and strength gives us so much in this division. Jeff is a diamond that needs to be nurtured, not ridiculed.

No problem with him being a back-up, or a reserve back-up. However he should not be a starter for a Premier League team.

Still have Jeff over Riyad any day, Schlupp trys, always looks dangerous and isnt lightweight like Mahrez

Can you explain to me why Schlupp didn't try to close down Lucas for their first goal?

Mahrez was poor yesterday but Schlupp wasn't much better. It was as if Schlupp was running through treacle at times yesterday.

I'm not sure why a player would deserve more support simply because they came through our academy. If he's shit he's shit and, unfortunately for Jeff, he happens to be shit.

Me and my mates were being a bit cruel in our humour last night in laughing at his thick-ness. But the source of the joke is reality, I'm afraid. He didn't even have the speed of thought necessary to be a better than average Championship player and in the Premier League he has the relative intelligence of Forrest Gump.

I'm sure he's a lovely lad who tries hard and I wish him no ill, but he has neither the raw ability or football intelligence to make it as more than a regular for a midtable second tier club.

I have never seen one of our players be so unjustifiably vilified as Jeff. I'm honestly ashamed to read some of this utter crap posted in here. He's a product of our youth system and still only 21. Its laughable that most of you turds were crying when a 21 year old George Taft was released.

Schlupp gave his all last night and using one isolated incident to patch up your vitriolic statements which Jeff is continuing to prove wrong.

For crying out loud, the lad ended up at centre back last night and did a grand job of it for the twenty minutes he played there. Capable of playing in almost every position and his pace and strength gives us so much in this division. Jeff is a diamond that needs to be nurtured, not ridiculed.

Amen to this.

Can you explain to me why Schlupp didn't try to close down Lucas for their first goal?

Mahrez was poor yesterday but Schlupp wasn't much better. It was as if Schlupp was running through treacle at times yesterday.

Personally I thought it was because there no was shout from Kasper to get out and the lads just sat deep.

This guy is drawing a wage as a professional footballer.

Baffling!

(FWIW I think he has a chance of making it as a modern LB)

If he's a striker then I'm dancer for the Bolshoi Ballet.

Like you say, as a left back the lad could really make it with training.

Just start Jeff at LB on Saturday - at least after he's been torn a new one it will stop the belief he could seriously play full back at this level.

I still can't understand why he didn't run at Hutton yesterday when he scored, he jogged over and had he sprinted would have easily had time to nick the ball off him before he shot.

He's isn't actually that fast. I don;t know where this 'strength/pace' thing people rave about comes from. He hasn't used either to any effect.

I'm a fan of Schlupp purely because I see him as potentially a good player. but yesterday I have to say he was pathetic. He made no effort to chase players when needed and basically just stood looking on as play was going on around him. Probably best if he's loaned out and a more experienced player brought in.  But he'll have to play left back on saturday.

I'm a fan of Schlupp purely because I see him as potentially a good player. but yesterday I have to say he was pathetic. He made no effort to chase players when needed and basically just stood looking on as play was going on around him. Probably best if he's loaned out and a more experienced player brought in.  But he'll have to play left back on saturday.

Nonsense. Watch the replay of Villa's winner. Schlupp tracks back around 70 yards to cover one of Villa's CMs who would otherwise have run unmarked through the middle.

He can't be in two places at once. Where was bloody Cambiasso is the question?

Just start Jeff at LB on Saturday - at least after he's been torn a new one it will stop the belief he could seriously play full back at this level.

I still can't understand why he didn't run at Hutton yesterday when he scored, he jogged over and had he sprinted would have easily had time to nick the ball off him before he shot.

He's isn't actually that fast. I don;t know where this 'strength/pace' thing people rave about comes from. He hasn't used either to any effect.

I wonder if Schlupp has genuinely sprinted at full speed for us. Always seems to jog forward with the ball like we're 3-0 up all the time.

Nonsense. Watch the replay of Villa's winner. Schlupp tracks back around 70 yards to cover one of Villa's CMs who would otherwise have run unmarked through the middle.

Watch his general demeanor for 90 minutes not just one incident. He seemed disinterested at times. a bit like a schoolboy only learning the game. No commitment, which is one of the first traits of a good player. As to Cambiaso, I thought he had a good individual game considering we were overrun in midfield.    

Well spotted! I was slagging Schlupp off to my son when the goal went in.....only to eat humble pie when the replay showed he had to make a decision and picked the player in the middle.

Where was Cambiasso? up the bloody pitch because he hadn't the legs to get back! The guy is a great player but he hasn't the legs to play in a 2 man centre midfield in the Premier League.

Well spotted! I was slagging Schlupp off to my son when the goal went in.....only to eat humble pie when the replay showed he had to make a decision and picked the player in the middle.

Where was Cambiasso? up the bloody pitch because he hadn't the legs to get back! The guy is a great player but he hasn't the legs to play in a 2 man centre midfield in the Premier League.

How dare you come on here and criticise the 'fans favourite'..I can't believe what I'm seeing!!

He's world-class, the lad..

:xmaswink:

Not in a 4-4-2 though eh?

Watch his general demeanor for 90 minutes not just one incident. He seemed disinterested at times. a bit like a schoolboy only learning the game. No commitment, which is one of the first traits of a good player. As to Cambiaso, I thought he had a good individual game considering we were overrun in midfield.    

Pardon? He was one of them?? :xmasblink:

all I ask from players is pass to someone on your team, hit the target (or extremely close) with shots in and around the box, beat the first man with set pieces and corners, track runners around your own box and close down. that is all.

Not good enough at this level I'm afraid to say. The thought of him trying to defend against Man City is pretty worrying to say the least. He's still young but the way this season is going our young players are going to be traumatised for seasons to come.

Archived