Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

I love how you can't help but mention the Rotherham game whenever you make a point about Schlupp Thrac lol.

Very good hit by him on Saturday. He can be absolutely infuriating with his ability to get into great positions and then squander a good deal of them. I think if he remains as he is, he'll make a very good career for himself YoYo'ing between the top two divisions. His pace and strength are frightening, the ability to collect the ball on the edge of your own box and be on the edge of the opponents box in 7 or 8 seconds is a dangerous weapon to possess. 

If he managed to improve his composure and be more consistent with his striking of the ball (crossing, passing and shooting) he would be a top half premier league player. Maybe with game time and top level exposure his confidence will grow. At the minute though it's clearly not there and he can infuriate fans. Long term, I still think he's a very good prospect.

You have summed him and the situation perfectly. He has all the attributes to be a top player. He's very quick, has a real physical presence. a decent tackler and his positional sense has improved immensely. Yes his kicking is suspect at times. If I were Pearson I'd get him in the training box to improve his kicking. In fact all junior players should spend an hour a day in the box to improve their kicking and ball control.

Saturdays goal was no fluke, he placed it exactly where he wanted to.

He's our only option on the left of midfield. I'd like to see him and Mahrez play on the left. Build an understanding where they can interchange frequently and skin full backs and getting in the crosses from the back line for Ulloa. With Albrighton doing the same on the right wing. 

Look at Kane for Spurs lately. some on here thought he was useless when we had him on lone. The difference is he's getting support from his manager and has grown in confidence, which Spurs are reaping the benefits of now.

You have summed him and the situation perfectly. He has all the attributes to be a top player. He's very quick, has a real physical presence. a decent tackler and his positional sense has improved immensely. Yes his kicking is suspect at times. If I were Pearson I'd get him in the training box to improve his kicking. In fact all junior players should spend an hour a day in the box to improve their kicking and ball control.

Saturdays goal was no fluke, he placed it exactly where he wanted to.

He's our only option on the left of midfield. I'd like to see him and Mahrez play on the left. Build an understanding where they can interchange frequently and skin full backs and getting in the crosses from the back line for Ulloa. With Albrighton doing the same on the right wing. 

Look at Kane for Spurs lately. some on here thought he was useless when we had him on lone. The difference is he's getting support from his manager and has grown in confidence, which Spurs are reaping the benefits of now.

Slight contradiction. In-fact a massive one.

He's physically good enough. Quick and strong. But lacks a brain and as mentioned many a time, lacks any consistent technique. If Schlupp continues to pull goals like that out the bag time and time again I'll eat my words, but I won't.

I'll support Schlupp as per any player we have, but he's got a way to go to convince me that he's good enough for this level.

From what I can make out, mahrez is right footed but has been preferred and he prefers the left wing, and albrighton could go out wide right.

Left footed but plays on the right. Plays on the left for Algeria though and has actually got a right foot when he wants to.

I love how you can't help but mention the Rotherham game whenever you make a point about Schlupp Thrac lol.

Very good hit by him on Saturday. He can be absolutely infuriating with his ability to get into great positions and then squander a good deal of them. I think if he remains as he is, he'll make a very good career for himself YoYo'ing between the top two divisions. His pace and strength are frightening, the ability to collect the ball on the edge of your own box and be on the edge of the opponents box in 7 or 8 seconds is a dangerous weapon to possess. 

If he managed to improve his composure and be more consistent with his striking of the ball (crossing, passing and shooting) he would be a top half premier league player. Maybe with game time and top level exposure his confidence will grow. At the minute though it's clearly not there and he can infuriate fans. Long term, I still think he's a very good prospect.

It's the only game i watched him in that role outside the Academy - what other  game would I quote. 

Definitely improving, his decision making sometimes is still really frustrating, but overall he is coming on nicely and I'm very happy with his progress overall.

This is spot on he's still learning as well, hopefully his decision making will come on quickly scored two and has an assist with the goals we've scored that's not bad.

The more comfortable he gets in the Team the better he will get. There's nothing like a Goal to give any player a boost of confidence.

I think him and Mahrez can form a frightening partnership on the left wing.

Yes Mahrez can play on both Wings but when playing on the right he tends to come inside more often. Which makes me think he would be great going on the outside on the left wing. providing more space and time to deliver good crosses.

Overall I think Schluppers has been one of our better players this season, in terms of progression certainly, If this was the Nugent or De Laet thread I'd say they've been largely abysmal, not singling out Jeff at all, thread is about him and that's my observation, it's definitely the weakest part of his game. It's plain to see that sometimes his decision making is wrong, but I'm sure this will improve over time. 2 goals and an assist, played a game at left back, came on up front in at least one game as I remember, versatile, lightening quick and he's making things happen that our other midfielders/strikers simply aren't, which is the real worry currently.

apart from putting the ball in row z against Everton, he has definitely been one of our better performers this season. His pace and power are scary, and I don't think many can argue that he hasn't been consistent this season. He has to start every game atm for me.

Think it shows how far backwards we have gone from last season he's considered a regular now by most people.

Would have been our fourth choice winger last year.

Think it shows how far backwards we have gone from last season he's considered a regular now by most people.

Would have been our fourth choice winger last year.

Why does that mean we've gone backwards. At the start of last season no one wanted Drinkwater and Vardy to play yet they proved how good they were. Players improve all the time, and a team should be picked on who's performing well currently, not on past performances.

Why does that mean we've gone backwards. At the start of last season no one wanted Drinkwater and Vardy to play yet they proved how good they were. Players improve all the time, and a team should be picked on who's performing well currently, not on past performances.

Because I don't see a huge change in Schulpps ability yet he's a regular this year and wasn't last.

He's done three great things this season, two goals and a cross v Arsenal all based on instinct. Apart from that it's been average at best and hysterically comical at worst.

If he's got the ball at his feet for any period of time (as per the player map moosebreath posted) its just a matter of time before we surrender possession.

For me albrighton needs games, he showed enough Saturday for me, to prove he is up for a fight, and has that bit of quality, but he's not been given a chance as of yet.

Fair point. Just going on assumption of Nige's opinion. He plays on the right though doesn't he?

The African Cup of Nations (CAN) is just around the corner (January/February next year). Mahrez will be joining the Algerian side for sure, opening up the chance for Albrighton to step up to the plate and show what he's really made of.

Draw for the CAN group stages is tomorrow midday, btw.

As for Schlupp, he's frustrating to watch because of his inconsistency. But I don't see that as his fault only, he's also prone to the odd bad show of form.

Personally, I have hope he'll make the cut and perform on the same level on a more regular basis and that the goal on Saturday will have helped boost his personal morale and that of his teammates.

After all, he's still only 21 (soon 22) years old.

He's a decent player.

Offers more to the team than people give him any sort of credit for. He's versatile where in this day and age that's also a very valuable thing. Of course he has flaws to his game, but people need to remember he's still actually quite young. He will improve. Along with Cambiasso he's our joint second top scorer this season.

His pace to go past a man is frightening but half the time I can't help thinking that he doesn't use his greatest asset that often! He almost seems reluctant to hit top gear. There was one point where he knocked it past the right back and simply got to the other side of the player in no time and with almost no effort at all. Seeing that made me think that he severely underuses that. If he had even half of Cambiasso's footballing intelligence he would be a fantastic player.

He certainly meant his goal as well.

Christ! A young lad, one of our own, scores a CLEARLY Intentional goal and even then you can't give him any credit. It was a typical Schlupp goal..he had zero time to pick his spot, and because of that, picked his spot instinctively. And it was a superb goal..

I agree it was a good goal, but a fluke. He's not done it before, more to the point he's shown over the last 2 years he is technically very poor, as is his decision making. His age is irrelevant in as much as, if he can't control the ball now he never will - we shouldn't be asking for the very basics of our Premier League footballers -they should already have them and more besides! He seems a decent bloke, and I would love him to be just decent, but imo he should be playing at this level.

I agree it was a good goal, but a fluke. He's not done it before, more to the point he's shown over the last 2 years he is technically very poor, as is his decision making. His age is irrelevant in as much as, if he can't control the ball now he never will - we shouldn't be asking for the very basics of our Premier League footballers -they should already have them and more besides! He seems a decent bloke, and I would love him to be just decent, but imo he should be playing at this level.

Correction: should NOT be playing at this level!!

Archived