Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

lol

It'll just be ingrained in some people's heads that a player will never do right (see Grewks/Nugent for instance). 

'Schlupp created 0 chances' is pretty retarded to say about today's performance lol.

Surely he's right about Nugent though!

But, that said, agree with you on Schlupp. Thought he did really well today. In fact I thought Mahrez had something of an off game, but in the context of him being one our more creative players this year and actually setting up some of our better chances, and other than that our midfield and attack did fine for me. The defence, on the other hand, is all over the place. The full backs are positionally awful, slow to close down, poor at blocking crosses, poor at winning balls from set pieces and tracking their men. The pressure they put on the two CBs, whether Morgan and Moore, or Morgan and Was, has been immense all season.

But Schlupp? The least of our worries right now! In fact, attacking threat aside, he was a better left back than our left back today.

Was a great strike. I personally think he is a LB.

As for him being quality the last couple of matches I disagree. He runs into a lot of players, not beating them but literally running into them. He losses the ball often and his end ball quality is questionable. He has his moments but there is a lot to improve and i still think he is a LB. He was our LB for most of last season and I think put his best performances in this time.

Well involved and had a real go, to his credit, and combining that with a very decent goal it's hard to be too down about him - but if people seriously watch him and think he'll ever be a top flight winger then you're seeing something different to me. His lack of skill is appalling.

I've always liked Schlupp and don't understand the hate his has on here (always). He's raw, he's not the finished article but he has prem quality and needs to be brought on.

Well involved and had a real go, to his credit, and combining that with a very decent goal it's hard to be too down about him - but if people seriously watch him and think he'll ever be a top flight winger then you're seeing something different to me. His lack of skill is appalling.

I don't anyone thinks that any of our players are going to be top drawer players but he had a good game yesterday and didn't deserve the stick he got.

I don't anyone thinks that any of our players are going to be top drawer players but he had a good game yesterday and didn't deserve the stick he got.

Like I say, he was well involved and that deserves credit given some of the hiding that goes on from players at times. I just think he's got no genuine trickery or quality. It was a very good goal but lets not pretend he's doing that regularly.

You can't just look at a few things, "oh yeah he was good". His decision making with his footballing brain is very questionable. Example, he turned defence into attack superbly via beating a few players but when he got into a dangerous position, when he had Vardy and Mahrez both square in better positions, he decided to ignore and ended up running into Caulker and QPR had the ball back.

Spot on!

This is correct. Some times he a) doesn't know where he wants to pass the ball and b) DOESNT know where he should be running. It's a rarity you see a clever off the ball run from Schlupp but as he showed with the goal. If you give him 3 seconds rather than 30, he'll often play the right pass.

I want to focus on something positive tonight. We all know what happened, if you were there or watched on a stream then you know we were unlucky to lose. You will know our flaws etc..

So, big positive, schlupp was quality today imo and he was quality last week too. I really think he's found his best position in LM. He can be a bit wasteful but he is very positive and always looks to beat his marker, which he did quite a lot. He's also great cover for konch. And finally, he took his goal so so well.

There was a certain amountof amusement when I suggested Schlupp playing on the left side of midfield where he played in the cup match against Rotherham but he has all the attributes for the position and it frees his choices as well as strengthening our cover and scoring potential.

But why can't we  put the whole package together?

Playing Cambiasso for all his attributes costs us more than we gain and yesterday showed why yet again.

Trouble is he costs a lot of money to be sat on the bench, his pedigree is beyond dispute, our alternatives are not necessarily demanding a place so it is perhaps easiest to go with the Argentinian for all that our slump has fundamentally coincided with his arrival.

For all the many reasons I like Cambiasso playing him in our team looks little short of tactical suicide despite his goal and assist.

We don't have the most dominant defence aerially and yet in King we leave out the one central midfielder we have who does have an aerial capability when it comes to set-pieces both defensively and in attack.

Furthermore, while by no means perfect, King offers better defensive coverage too whereas Cambiasso is a reluctant chaser of the runners and basically marks the space rather than the man, hence offering too much room to the maker of one of their goals while offering no worthwhile help with the aerial needs of preventing QPR having too many free headers in the box.

That's not to exempt the back four who were so often second best in these situations too.

DeLaet looked vulnerable and indecisive at times, we missed the decisiveness and instincts of Moore especially when the big blocks were needed and our willingness to concede ground and try to save our skins with a packed defence just made the whole area around Kasper so crowded that there was barely room to move let alone think and mistakes were always likely.

How many times does Pearson need telling that defending a lead is best done the Van Gaal way, by closing people down quickly, not allowing unhindered progress into attacking areas and thus trying to prevent danger occuring in the first place.

Pearson is right that there were positives to take from yesterday's effort but I was right too when I said a few weeks back that he was shaping up for the kind of bad run we had two years ago and two points from 24 only emphasises the truth of it.

Both the points and the goals return is an appalling return - or lack of it - from eight mostly winnable games but too many of the known reasons for our demise remain and we simply seem to lack the personnel necessary to make the really effective changes necessary.

But we don't want wholesale changes, quite the contrary. King for Cambiasso and Nugent for Ulloa will do. Together with some essential tweaking of our tactics and focus of responsibilities. 

Nugent and Vardy will offer the best early pressing. Schlupp and Mayrez will keep the ball coming into attacking areas, King will help with defensive headers and all round defensive competency while retaining some attacking input and altogether that seems about the best we can do with what we have, which looks a bit lightweight in too many areas however we shuffle the pack.    

There was a certain amountof amusement when I suggested Schlupp playing on the left side of midfield where he played in the cup match against Rotherham but he has all the attributes for the position and it frees his choices as well as strengthening our cover and scoring potential.

But why can't we put the whole package together?

Playing Cambiasso for all his attributes costs us more than we gain and yesterday showed why yet again.

Trouble is he costs a lot of money to be sat on the bench, his pedigree is beyond dispute, our alternatives are not necessarily demanding a place so it is perhaps easiest to go with the Argentinian for all that our slump has fundamentally coincided with his arrival.

For all the many reasons I like Cambiasso playing him in our team looks little short of tactical suicide despite his goal and assist.

We don't have the most dominant defence aerially and yet in King we leave out the one central midfielder we have who does have an aerial capability when it comes to set-pieces both defensively and in attack.

Furthermore, while by no means perfect, King offers better defensive coverage too whereas Cambiasso is a reluctant chaser of the runners and basically marks the space rather than the man, hence offering too much room to the maker of one of their goals while offering no worthwhile help with the aerial needs of preventing QPR having too many free headers in the box.

That's not to exempt the back four who were so often second best in these situations too.

DeLaet looked vulnerable and indecisive at times, we missed the decisiveness and instincts of Moore especially when the big blocks were needed and our willingness to concede ground and try to save our skins with a packed defence just made the whole area around Kasper so crowded that there was barely room to move let alone think and mistakes were always likely.

How many times does Pearson need telling that defending a lead is best done the Van Gaal way, by closing people down quickly, not allowing unhindered progress into attacking areas and thus trying to prevent danger occuring in the first place.

Pearson is right that there were positives to take from yesterday's effort but I was right too when I said a few weeks back that he was shaping up for the kind of bad run we had two years ago and two points from 24 only emphasises the truth of it.

Both the points and the goals return is an appalling return - or lack of it - from eight mostly winnable games but too many of the known reasons for our demise remain and we simply seem to lack the personnel necessary to make the really effective changes necessary.

But we don't want wholesale changes, quite the contrary. King for Cambiasso and Nugent for Ulloa will do. Together with some essential tweaking of our tactics and focus of responsibilities.

Nugent and Vardy will offer the best early pressing. Schlupp and Mayrez will keep the ball coming into attacking areas, King will help with defensive headers and all round defensive competency while retaining some attacking input and altogether that seems about the best we can do with what we have, which looks a bit lightweight in too many areas however we shuffle the pack.

So its all ur fault schlump playing on the left instead of knockshit

This is correct. Some times he a) doesn't know where he wants to pass the ball and b) DOESNT know where he should be running. It's a rarity you see a clever off the ball run from Schlupp but as he showed with the goal. If you give him 3 seconds rather than 30, he'll often play the right pass.

What about the chance vs Sunderland where he hit it in to the side-netting? That would class as a 'clever off the ball run'. And the run vs Everton where Mahrez played it through but he turned in to Ade Akinbiyi for a few seconds? And there's the 1-2 with Nugent (?) against Arsenal which he then went on to set Ulloa up?

I know these are just a few examples, but examples nonetheless.

Had the joint most "take ons" (4) that were successful.

But he had 10 goes at taking people on. The most anybody else had in the whole game was 4, which basically re-affirms in my mind what I thought I saw - Schlupp endlessly running straight into his man.

People bang on about Knockaert losing the ball easily but Schlupp is miles worse in that department.

I said awhile ago that Schlupp is our best left sided midfielder and that has been proved with recent performances. Yes he has made mistakes. He made one yesterday when caught ball watching for Austins goal. But he is getting better and will be one of our most important players when he develops some more. ( Don't anyone say we can't wait because we have to.) He'll continue to learn and quickly off the likes of Cambi who I thought was our best player yesterday.

I said awhile ago that Schlupp is our best left sided midfielder and that has been proved with recent performances. Yes he has made mistakes. He made one yesterday when caught ball watching for Austins goal. But he is getting better and will be one of our most important players when he develops some more. ( Don't anyone say we can't wait because we have to.) He'll continue to learn and quickly off the likes of Cambi who I thought was our best player yesterday.

* only left sided midfielder 

We moan when we don't play wingers. We moan when we do play wingers. Why don't we treat Schlupp like we treat Liam Moore? Why is he not one of our own? He's been here longer than Andy King. Instead we look to scapegoat him. Some fans have their favourites (Chris Wood  :D  :D ), but they also have players who, in their eyes, just can't do anything right. Take Nugent, for example, he's clearly out-of-form and playing with no confidence, so, what do we do, we spend all our time criticising him. What happened to actually showing support for our team? Whether you like it or not, these are the players we have, the least we can do is support them. 

Yes, Schlupp can be infuriating to watch at times but he don't half make life difficult for the opposition. We are a far more threatening side when he plays. I realise that the word "scapegoat" gets thrown about a lot but Schlupp had a much bigger impact vs QPR than Mahrez and yet I don't see a thread anywhere that scrutinises every mistake the Algerian made. 

* only left sided midfielder 

We moan when we don't play wingers. We moan when we do play wingers. Why don't we treat Schlupp like we treat Liam Moore? Why is he not one of our own? He's been here longer than Andy King. Instead we look to scapegoat him. Some fans have their favourites (Chris Wood  :D  :D ), but they also have players who, in their eyes, just can't do anything right. Take Nugent, for example, he's clearly out-of-form and playing with no confidence, so, what do we do, we spend all our time criticising him. What happened to actually showing support for our team? Whether you like it or not, these are the players we have, the least we can do is support them. 

Yes, Schlupp can be infuriating to watch at times but he don't half make life difficult for the opposition. We are a far more threatening side when he plays. I realise that the word "scapegoat" gets thrown about a lot but Schlupp had a much bigger impact vs QPR than Mahrez and yet I don't see a thread anywhere that scrutinises every mistake the Algerian made.

We don't treat him as "one of our own" because he isn't "one of our own". Moore is a local lad and a boyhood Leicester fan, King and Schlupp came through the academy but aren't from Leicester and weren't fans of the club growing up.

We don't treat him as "one of our own" because he isn't "one of our own". Moore is a local lad and a boyhood Leicester fan, King and Schlupp came through the academy but aren't from Leicester and weren't fans of the club growing up.

Is Steve Walsh 'one of our own' - or even Sam Bailey for that matter?

So, going by this thread... Schlupp was either utter shite or our best player at QPR. Okayyyyyyyyyy  :o

Archived