Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Riyad Mahrez with no legs is still better than Jeff Schlupp will ever be.

I'd love to hear why. Schlupp is still inconsistent but, while I thought both our wingers posed a threat yesterday, Schlupp is far more versatile and much more of an asset defensively.

He's quicker and looks stronger than Mahrez. Both got in good positions and had attempts on goal but Schlupp finds it much easier to cover back than Mahrez does which, in today's game, seems to be vital.

Not that I think we gave either player enough of the ball. Instead we wasted so much possession by aimlessly lumping high balls to no-one. I just don't understand why the manager puts up with it but I know why it's done.

It's the least risky option for defenders who don't feel confident enough to get forward in support of the attack but are happier waiting to absorb pressure while hoping we can steal something on the break. 

Well, it didn't work and it's not going to work more than occasionally. We have to play as a unit and with people who can keep the ball. We're not Stoke as created by Pulis. We don't just have that kind of height, power and attitude so hopeful high balls out of defence are a waste.                 

I'd love to hear why. Schlupp is still inconsistent but, while I thought both our wingers posed a threat yesterday, Schlupp is far more versatile and much more of an asset defensively.

He's quicker and looks stronger than Mahrez. Both got in good positions and had attempts on goal but Schlupp finds it much easier to cover back than Mahrez does which, in today's game, seems to be vital.

Not that I think we gave either player enough of the ball. Instead we wasted so much possession by aimlessly lumping high balls to no-one. I just don't understand why the manager puts up with it but I know why it's done.

It's the least risky option for defenders who don't feel confident enough to get forward in support of the attack but are happier waiting to absorb pressure while hoping we can steal something on the break. 

Well, it didn't work and it's not going to work more than occasionally. We have to play as a unit and with people who can keep the ball. We're not Stoke as created by Pulis. We don't just have that kind of height, power and attitude so hopeful high balls out of defence are a waste.                 

Because Riyad is more than capable of doing something with the ball beyond kicking it aimlessly and hoping. Jeff is a complete donkey when given time on the ball. It's all well and good saying he's stronger or better at defending, but he can't cross, can't shoot and can't create - making him a bit of a hopeless winger.

Because Riyad is more than capable of doing something with the ball beyond kicking it aimlessly and hoping. Jeff is a complete donkey when given time on the ball. It's all well and good saying he's stronger or better at defending, but he can't cross, can't shoot and can't create - making him a bit of a hopeless winger.

Cant cross - ball to Ulloa against Arsenal, can't shoot - joint second top score for us, create - assist verus Arsenal and QPR

Cant cross - ball to Ulloa against Arsenal, can't shoot - joint second top score for us, create - assist verus Arsenal and QPR

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

• 3 weeks later...

One good game...partly the reason we are in the mess we are is because players don't turn up most weeks.

Not the point, you tool.

The point is, today he played very well. And he's a young kid. How about giving him credit when he plays well, as quickly as you slate him when he don't.

Or isn't that allowed for Schlupp?

Are all the Schlupp haterz coming on here to praise him today..? Manwell Manwell? Scouse? Where are ya?

lol

:D 

saw a bit of praise on twitter from a few on here so assumed he played well, couldn't get down today or even watch, been in work since 8 and just finished. well done if you played well jeff, more of that might start to show why on earth pearson is persisting with playing him. looks like he and mahrez were great today from what i've read, nice to see two wingers playing well for a change, just a shame neither managed to get that all important goal despite it sounded like they both gave it as good as they could. 

:D

saw a bit of praise on twitter from a few on here so assumed he played well, couldn't get down today or even watch, been in work since 8 and just finished. well done if you played well jeff, more of that might start to show why on earth pearson is persisting with playing him. looks like he and mahrez were great today from what i've read, nice to see two wingers playing well for a change, just a shame neither managed to get that all important goal despite it sounded like they both gave it as good as they could.

THAT's what I'm on about!

Good lad Scouse...

My feeling was correct...

:thumbup:

THAT's what I'm on about!

Good lad Scouse...

My feeling was correct...

hopefully it was, always had the physical attributes, if he starts to show a bit of sense and a bit of skill we'll be in for a treat. baby steps but sounds like this could be something positive to kick on from 

hopefully it was, always had the physical attributes, if he starts to show a bit of sense and a bit of skill we'll be in for a treat. baby steps but sounds like this could be something positive to kick on from

No! My feeling about you being a generally good chap, was correct...I ain't on about Schlupp..you're right, he can be shite as well! But what I like is the acknowledgment of a good performance.

Archived