Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Schlupp looked like he'd been on the wacky baccy in the first half.

His refusal to shut down the ball back in was massively responsible for that first goal.

Schlupp looked like he'd been on the wacky baccy in the first half.

His refusal to shut down the ball back in was massively responsible for that first goal.

lol I got a comment deleted like 3 years ago for questioning if he was drunk or on drugs during a performance it was that bemusing.

he was abysmal tonight, an it was a real opportunity to have a go at a shit fullback, so disappointing

The bit in the first half where he jogged to a ball he could have kept in was one of the strangest things I've seen for a while.

I felt for him at times, you can just tell there is no brain there at all and there is nothing you can do with a person like that.

The bit in the first half where he jogged to a ball he could have kept in was one of the strangest things I've seen for a while.

I felt for him at times, you can just tell their in no brain there at all and there is nothing you can do with a person like that.

lol

I thought exactly the same thing..why just leave it?

Bizarre

lol

I thought exactly the same thing..why just leave it?

Bizarre

No one could understand it, if he runs he's got the ball. He jogged and let them have it, I want to watch it again as I couldn't really believe what I was seeing.

Poor Jeff. He really is as thick as pigshit. There was an occasion in the second half when he was running at his opposite number and he visibly slowed right down, looking for all the world that he was doing so because he needed to power a bit of brain capacity to think what to do next.

Jeez, I think he's being unfairly targeted here. He's a useful outlet and puts in a lot of work. Konchesky's not been great recently so to be our attacking outlet but also have to cover for the full back so much takes some doing. Bit of scapegoating going on if you ask me.

That jog was strange though...

No one could understand it, if he runs he's got the ball. He jogged and let them have it, I want to watch it again as I couldn't really believe what I was seeing.

I saw this as well. I turned to my brother and said "surely if he sprints he gets that??"

There was also another time in the first half when we were stuck in the LB position trying to pass our way out and he just stood there in limbo, between the edge of the box and the touchline. Konchesky needed a pass out, Schlupp was unmarked and simply needed to move into space to receive the ball. He just stood there. He didn't move, he didn't help Konchesky or James out. It was also as mystifying as the jog to get the ball that was going out.

Can someone be that stupid?!

lol

I don't think he's he brightest. The only other explanation I could think of was that he was so pissed off with Vardy's wayward pass, he simply thought 'oh sod it'.. I ain't bothering.

Not very good today at all. Looked lazy and a bit tired today in the first half and wasn't at the races. Must have got a bit of a bollocking at half time cos the second half was a slight improvement.

Believe he was partly at fault for the first goal for not closing the cross down, literally just jogging to it and letting Lucas have all the time in the world to get it back in the box.

Lost the ball too many times again throughout the match though.

when mahrez was in about 40 yards of space on the left second half and instead of passing him the ball Schlupp ran towards him crikey i nearly exploded

lol

Schlupp's like 'get the **** out of my space cos you ain't getting the ball. Bitch'.

lol

Schlupp's like 'get the **** out of my space cos you ain't getting the ball. Bitch'.

he got closer and closer to him and riyad was just looking at him like hey maybe just kick the ball to me instead of running to where i am you moron

People forget he's still only 21 (22 soon). We might have a deserved laugh at him in ten years time.

Thing is, many said similar things about Lloyd Dyer not so long ago.

Dyer would be an enormous upgrade on Schlupp.

That is not to say that Schlupp won't be better than him in the long run, but the Dyer I saw 6 months ago is better than today's Schlupp.

Every time Schlupp gets the ball, I just want to yell for him to just push the ball down the wing and run, run, run. If he gets a good cross in, great. If he wins a corner, that's fine, too. And if his defender figures out that he's going to do this all game, then he should just run right into the defender and perhaps win a foul. When he tries to do anything else besides this, bad things happen.

Archived