Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

Jeffrey Schlupp

Maybe all the dickheads that get on his back are affecting him a bit. Just don't understand why people can't support him. Instead of slating him.

I probably came across a bit too harsh in my post, I think he's a fantastic athlete that does best when he plays a simple game, but he's still unrefined as a player.

I don't have my finger on the pulse in Leicester but I would think most people do want him to do well, especially as he's an academy graduate? So soon after a game, fans are going to be a little emotional and won't really offer nuanced opinions on a message board.

Maybe all the dickheads that get on his back are affecting him a bit. Just don't understand why people can't support him. Instead of slating him.

There's a difference between slating someone though and just pointing out that he's a mid table championship player at the very best! and those that are doing that on a forum where people go to discuss players are absolutely right.

I think the slating off Jeff has been harsh,to be fair to the lad he started his career as a striker,and now he has been asked to learn two other roles Left back and left wing,it will take time and experience for him to fully understand what he has to do.

Punters think it's easy to just slot in a role which is alien to you,but it's very difficult,made even more so at this level

Only player, along with James, who actually tried to drive us forward first half...

Underrated player who is someone our fans should back as he has the potential to be big for us.

Eh?

First half he was away with the fairies!

Or people realise he isn't good enough and want better?

I've not heard any player not being supported in the ground yet, so if they choose to read message boards and twitter, that is their problem. 

He definitely looked lacking in confidence last night. Looked to me as if he just didn't want to be on the ball because he didn't feel he was good enough to be on the same pitch as Liverpool FC. Felt sorry for him. He's clearly got an inferiority complex

Or people realise he isn't good enough and want better?

I've not heard any player not being supported in the ground yet, so if they choose to read message boards and twitter, that is their problem. 

This basically... its alright being all sentimental and saying aww give him a chance he'll be good in a few years time... the time is now, we need better now.

No use fvcking about at the moment using players that could be good for us in the future, Jeff at the moment, isn't even on the same level as Lloyd Dyer.

We need better if we want to stay in this league.

But at least he was 10 x better than Mahrez and people wondered why he wasnt getting in the tean truly pathetic performance from him

Riyad Mahrez with no legs is still better than Jeff Schlupp will ever be.

Still have Jeff over Riyad any day, Schlupp trys, always looks dangerous and isnt lightweight like Mahrez

Sorry? I can only assume you don't watch Schlupp very closely. Especially last night when he spent half the time wandering around the pitch and not getting to balls he can clearly get to.

Anyone else remember when he was passed the ball, he kept it in on the line and just stopped for the Liverpool player to take the ball? lol

One of the strangest things I've seen on a football pitch. He didn't even sprint to try and get it. Even when the Liverpool player got the ball he just jogged back on the pitch as if it was a throw-in! Didn't run to try and press the player or get the ball back...

In the ground he'll always have my full support. It's very hard though at times like last night to not be infuriated when we lose possession because he couldn't be bothered to run for the ball.

He's not gifted with ability so he'll need to learn very fast that trying hard will be the least expected of him.

I have never seen one of our players be so unjustifiably vilified as Jeff. I'm honestly ashamed to read some of this utter crap posted in here. He's a product of our youth system and still only 21. Its laughable that most of you turds were crying when a 21 year old George Taft was released.

Schlupp gave his all last night and using one isolated incident to patch up your vitriolic statements which Jeff is continuing to prove wrong.

For crying out loud, the lad ended up at centre back last night and did a grand job of it for the twenty minutes he played there. Capable of playing in almost every position and his pace and strength gives us so much in this division. Jeff is a diamond that needs to be nurtured, not ridiculed.

Archived