Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

That's not what FIF said though - what he essentially said is that having a reliable old clogger next to Wes takes a bit of the pressure off Wes - that knowing he's got a reliable player to cover allows him to relax and play his game rather than worrying about trying to play his team mate out of trouble as well.

Exactly what I said. Thanks.

The real value to this side of Huth is not only Huth....:o

It's the confidence he's brought both to Morgan and to the back five. Calm, assured, no nonsense, Huth's presence has made quite a dramatic difference to the defensive side of our team.

And it's had the desired effect going forward too. Cambiasso looks more confident going forward now, knowing that the defence is more solid.

This is a big call but IF we stay up, the loan signing of Huth could be Pearson's best bit of management so far. I think Morgan has stepped up because he's finally in a partnership that makes him feel confident.

Absolutely. Scapegoating at it's best imo. Huth has been very consistent and solid, but Morgan has been by far the stand out defender in the last few games, maybe because he is playing alongside Huth and feels more comfortable. Certain players are set up for scapegoating such as Nugent/Morgan/UIloa/Kasper that when they have good games, few people admit it and when they have poor games our fans are outraged, even labelling players a 'calamity'. 

I wouldn't say it was scapegoating - it wasn't a case of the odd bad game followed by a fan over-reaction.  Wes had a prolonged period this season where everything he touched turned to sh1t.  I don't think he always got the benefit of the doubt of making the step up for the first time, but he's looked really vulnerable for much of the season.  But, as with Vardy and a couple of others, he seems much more up to speed with the league.  It's worth recognising good performances though and I thought he was MotM on Saturday - fantastic performance.

I wouldn't say it was scapegoating - it wasn't a case of the odd bad game followed by a fan over-reaction. Wes had a prolonged period this season where everything he touched turned to sh1t. I don't think he always got the benefit of the doubt of making the step up for the first time, but he's looked really vulnerable for much of the season. But, as with Vardy and a couple of others, he seems much more up to speed with the league. It's worth recognising good performances though and I thought he was MotM on Saturday - fantastic performance.

Disagree. I think Wes has done pretty well this season. Can't understand the criticism.

Thought he had a stinker Vs Liverpool at home, but apart from that he's been a minimum of average and often very good.

Disagree. Didn't think he was at fault for either goal that some blamed him for. lallana's goal was Konchesky's fault for falling asleep and letting him get infront of him. Gerrard goal was the midfielders fault for not tracking his run. Wes was stretching to clear it. Not his fault it dropped to an unmarked Gerrard

Dunno if it's been mentioned here before (it probably has) but he's not cut out for this level at all. look at the other teams' centre backs and they're more athletic than our Wes. He's great for the championship mind, but not at this level. If we stay up he has to go if we go down we could get another season out of him. 

Dunno if it's been mentioned here before (it probably has) but he's not cut out for this level at all. look at the other teams' centre backs and they're more athletic than our Wes. He's great for the championship mind, but not at this level. If we stay up he has to go if we go down we could get another season out of him. 

So he could go from first choice in a team that looks likely to stay up to not even being good enough for the squad? Give it a rest

Yeah you're right, the top 8's centre halves are much more athletic. But if you're telling me for a minute that Gareth McAuley, Alex Bruce, Mike Williamson, and any other centre half in the bottom half in the bottom half of the prem are significantly better than Wes then you're in a dream world. 

I wouldn't say it was scapegoating - it wasn't a case of the odd bad game followed by a fan over-reaction.  Wes had a prolonged period this season where everything he touched turned to sh1t.  I don't think he always got the benefit of the doubt of making the step up for the first time, but he's looked really vulnerable for much of the season.  But, as with Vardy and a couple of others, he seems much more up to speed with the league.  It's worth recognising good performances though and I thought he was MotM on Saturday - fantastic performance

Like I've said I think during weeks 10-20, he wasn't at his best, but I could name numerous players that were not performing either. Only Mahrez and Schlupp looked good during that period for me. I don't agree with the point of adjusting to this league. Morgan alongside many other players were playing brilliantly at the start of the season. But a lack of results, and a loss of confidence is why I believe we weren't performing so well from October-December. Players did not want to take risks and we were too cautious, trying to not lose games instead of trying to win them. But since January, I believe his confidence has come back and he looks like his old self again. Although recently with our winning run, he looks like the same player at the start of the season. 

only playing Chelsea yeah. :rolleyes:

No not just Chelsea, don't be silly. A lot of games.

I'm all for loyalty but I don't think that should extend to ignoring the facts.

In Morgan's defence someone posted before last night that he was only bad for the game week 10 - 20!

Not been good enough, on the whole, all season.

What's next?

People will claim Konchesky isn't too old and he's quick enough to be a premier league left back?

I support ALL of the team at the Stadium, but on here I tell it how I see it.

Oh look, we lose to Chelsea after a run of 4 wins and some of our best performances of the season. Morgan slips at a corner and all of a sudden the scapegoat threads get bumped. Perspective people. The positive atmosphere around the club and the togetherness of the fans has been crucial in recent weeks.

From where I was sat I thought Morgan generally dealt with Drogba well, especially first half. I personally think since Huth has come in Morgan has been more than adequate.

Morgan has been fine when he’s been played in either the 541 or 352 formations.

Where he struggled was when we played 442, and he had opposition midfielders streaming through at him game after game.

Huth though will be a huge huge loss. If he’s out for 2 or 3 games we could seriously struggle to stay up now.

Morgan has been fine when he’s been played in either the 541 or 352 formations.

Where he struggled was when we played 442, and he had opposition midfielders streaming through at him game after game.

Huth though will be a huge huge loss. If he’s out for 2 or 3 games we could seriously struggle to stay up now.

That's a midfield issue, nobody picking up midfield runs into our box. Morgan where he supposed to be alongside opposition forwards, then having to dive back across the box when midfielders come past Cambiasso & partner as if they wasn't there

That's a midfield issue, nobody picking up midfield runs into our box. Morgan where he supposed to be alongside opposition forwards, then having to dive back across the box when midfielders come past Cambiasso & partner as if they wasn't there

Well it's a selection issue.... If we're a man short in midfield then the defence is gonna come under extra pressure.

Since we've added an extra body in the middle of the pitch we've undoubtedly been a lot better.

He's been the stand out of the three for a few matches though and even for that people are giving Huth the praise for helping it happen

Rubbish. Huth is the reason Morgan's looked ok.

Huth goes off Morgan reverts back to type.

Morgan has 4 games to concentrate and not switch off like a lot of matches this season. Without Huth I don't think he can but i'd love him to prove all us doubters wrong

You cannot seriously expect our midfield to be a match for some of the world's best, when they cost £2m between them.

For me, this 'Calamity Morgan' thing is fair, as its been an ongoing issue throughout the season, and to suggest he's been the standout defender in the last month is absurd.

Huth has been a cut above all of them.

Sarcastic?

No not at all. Think  bar a few games where he struggled (Palace home his worst game for me) he's done fine.

Last night he wasnt at his best, but was up against Drogba who along with Fabregas was Chelsea's best player last night.

Give him a break.

No not at all. Think  bar a few games where he struggled (Palace home his worst game for me) he's done fine.

Last night he wasnt at his best, but was up against Drogba who along with Fabregas was Chelsea's best player last night.

Give him a break.

Still being sarcastic? Morgan's been fine lol

You think those 2 were better than Hazard and Willian? Must be taking the piss?

Still being sarcastic? Morgan's been fine lol

You think those 2 were better than Hazard and Willian? Must be taking the piss?

Hazard was pretty quiet, what were you watching, Willian another matter.

Archived