Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

I can see why Pearson moved to 5 at the back for our past few games as against top quality teams but in continuing in playing 5 at the back to accomidate Morgan is killing us up front we are still playing attacking football and getting good crosses into the box but we now only have 1 up front. Get morgan out of the back and move back to 442 with Upson and Huth as CB so we can have Ulloa and Kraminic up front then we can score goals especially against hull if Pearson sticks with 5 at the back against hull it shows that he has got no clue!!!

Arsenal did not have to work hard. Both goals were incredibly soft. Everton missed countless chances until we very kindly scored on their behalf.

First Arsenal goal was soft, I agree. The second one came from a Schlupp mistake although it was an excellent finish by Walcott. Not the defences' fault that one. But that was it, they had two chances the whole game. We had so many chances in that game, Mahrez and Kramaric should have taken their chances. The defence looked comfortable throughout the game and we nullified probably the most lethal attacking side in this league. 

Everton game, their chances came after we scored the second. Up till then we were dominating the game but we then sat back as we would having not won a game in so long, and paid the price for doing so. Similarly, in this game until Naismith scored a freakish goal we were comfortable and should have been winning at that point anyway.

I'm not saying we are perfect in defence, far from it, but given what we have they are doing okay. With some of the players in this league, you'd think we had conceded 100 goals the way some people criticize them. The reason why we are where we are, is our incompetence in front of goal. I wish someone would work out exactly how many clear goal scoring chances we have missed. That's the problem here.  

First Arsenal goal was soft, I agree. The second one came from a Schlupp mistake although it was an excellent finish by Walcott. Not the defences' fault that one. But that was it, they had two chances the whole game. We had so many chances in that game, Mahrez and Kramaric should have taken their chances. The defence looked comfortable throughout the game and we nullified probably the most lethal attacking side in this league. 

Everton game, their chances came after we scored the second. Up till then we were dominating the game but we then sat back as we would having not won a game in so long, and paid the price for doing so. Similarly, in this game until Naismith scored a freakish goal we were comfortable and should have been winning at that point anyway.

I'm not saying we are perfect in defence, far from it, but given what we have they are doing okay. With some of the players in this league, you'd think we had conceded 100 goals the way some people criticize them. The reason why we are where we are, is our incompetence in front of goal. I wish someone would work out exactly how many clear goal scoring chances we have missed. That's the problem here.  

I'd say the Arsenal goal came more from Schwarzer's inept goal keeping.

The first from Wes' inability to track a runner from a corner.

It's our MIDFIELD that's been pants..with the defence not much better.

The midfield neither protects the defence sufficiently, nor links up the attacks well enough.

Our midfield at this level is ridiculously weak IMO.

Not their fault our clueless manager puts two in there week in week out and expects them to compete against three

The midfield neither protects the defence sufficiently, nor links up the attacks well enough.

The majority of our squad is pretty much experienced at this level - and that includes all areas.

Thinking about it, I can recall much more mistakes made by our defenders than by our midfielders this season - dear mistakes that cost us a couple of more points.

:thumbup:

What is the point of our midfield? I literally cannot recollect any of them making a single chance for any of the strikers.

All Vardy's work was done by himself.

Where are the shots from midfield? The assists? The final killer balls? The picking up of second balls?

I cannot recollect a weaker midfield than ours at this level for years.

Like Lee said in a thread a few weeks ago..our stats from midfield are embarassing.

What is the point of our midfield? I literally cannot recollect any of them making a single chance for any of the strikers.

Where are the shots from midfield? The assists? The final killer balls? The picking up of second balls?

Like Lee said in a thread a few weeks ago..our stats from midfield are embarassing.

A lot of chances fall to James, of which you probably didn't see the shot because it was seconds before it was in row Z.

I can see why Pearson moved to 5 at the back for our past few games as against top quality teams but in continuing in playing 5 at the back to accomidate Morgan is killing us up front we are still playing attacking football and getting good crosses into the box but we now only have 1 up front. Get morgan out of the back and move back to 442 with Upson and Huth as CB so we can have Ulloa and Kraminic up front then we can score goals especially against hull if Pearson sticks with 5 at the back against hull it shows that he has got no clue!!!

Upson over Morgan? Scapegoating at it's best, what has Upson done to deserve to remove the captain? Both Everton goals were Upsons fault and he was garbage again today. Looked like bambi on ice.

You actually just quoted yourself and agreed with yourself didn't you?

Jesus Christ.

No, I'm afraid not. My money and my hope dissolved in front of my eyes today. If that was a team needing a win, we didn't look like it. If that pleases you, that's your perogative.

Hardly pleases me seeing as I feel the same way. Guess we can both stop 'banging the drum' then eh?

Upson over Morgan? Scapegoating at it's best, what has Upson done to deserve to remove the captain? Both Everton goals were Upsons fault and he was garbage again today. Looked like bambi on ice.

the question is why should the captain who has been poor most of the season, keep his place, given that his "leadership" is minimal

I suggest you watch the Everton away match highlights again and tell me exactly where Upson was at fault for Everton's first goal.

I can name you two other players who need to carry a much larger slice of the blame.

Archived