Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

You obviously cant remember and are just plucking names. Howey when he actually played looked decent. In fact, the only time we looked defensively sound that season was when Howey was paired with Scimeca.

I agree though Wes us nowhere near the worst centre back at this level we've had.

Mohan, Carey and Laursen just 3 examples.

Howey was a complete donkey - we looked defensively sound for 2 small sections of that season - Man City (A) through Arsenal (H) (In which Scimeca and Howey played together for all of two games, and Howey gave away the only goal in those 2 games) and Wolves (H) through Liverpool (H) where the partnership was Heath and Dabizas.

remember when people said he could/should of played for England before jamaica came along.

Football is a fickle game. 

We tend to be one extreme or another. There's very little middle-ground. 

When he was playing okay he was the most amazing centre half in the whole league (albeit, Championship), now he's making a few mistakes he's suddenly become this huge disaster! Just think, this guy is one of Pearson's greatest ever Leicester signings! 

Morgan was a stand-out player during the season before promotion, he was equally good during last season but it was less noted because his CB partner (Wasyl) was also in fine form. Personally, I think he looks far more comfortable playing on the right side and, due to Wasyl's fullback to centre half conversion, Wes has been pushed over to the left. He often looks far more steady when he plays on his natural side IMO

Someone made a good point earlier about kompany being dropped because he's out of form and he's captain of man city so why can't Pearson drop Morgan.

Morgan isn't out of form this is his level,unfortunately he just isn't good enough for PL.

The last three games I think Morgan has played well, so let's not blindly jump on the bandwagon. Yes he has played badly more so this season, but for me there are other players who have also played equally as bad. Players will come in and out of form, but you have to persist with quality if you believe they are good enough. I think football is so much a results based business that people tend to find a scapegoat when you lose and ignore individual bad performances when you win. 

The last three games I think Morgan has played well, so let's not blindly jump on the bandwagon. Yes he has played badly more so this season, but for me there are other players who have also played equally as bad. Players will come in and out of form, but you have to persist with quality if you believe they are good enough. I think football is so much a results based business that people tend to find a scapegoat when you lose and ignore individual bad performances when you win. 

we've had to go to 5 at the back to accomodate him, he isn't good enough

we've had to go to 5 at the back to accomodate him, he isn't good enough

So the sole reason we went to a back five was just to accomodate him. Nothing to do with the fact that the previous system wasn't working at that time. And since we have moved to a back five he has looked good. Played well against Arsenal, Everton and Man City.

This all sounds like scapegoating. He did make mistakes earlier in the season, but so have other players. A similar thing happened earlier in the season and even last season at times with Nuge, where anything he did was criticised. The verdict was out before his performance was even delivered.

I'm not arguing that his performance levels haven't dipped from last year, they have done so. Criticism on the whole is justified, but it's a myth to claim him a calamity. On the whole he has been pretty solid and the quality of this leagues' strikers have outdone him. Konchesky's mistake against West Ham was a calamity. 

So the sole reason we went to a back five was just to accomodate him. Nothing to do with the fact that the previous system wasn't working at that time. And since we have moved to a back five he has looked good. Played well against Arsenal, Everton and Man City.

This all sounds like scapegoating. He did make mistakes earlier in the season, but so have other players. A similar thing happened earlier in the season and even last season at times with Nuge, where anything he did was criticised. The verdict was out before his performance was even delivered.

I'm not arguing that his performance levels haven't dipped from last year, they have done so. Criticism on the whole is justified, but it's a myth to claim him a calamity. On the whole he has been pretty solid and the quality of this leagues' strikers have outdone him. Konchesky's mistake against West Ham was a calamity. 

he's been making mistakes all season but unlike other player he never pays the price for those mistakes with his place in the team

he's been making mistakes all season but unlike other player he never pays the price for those mistakes with his place in the team

He was solid for the first part of the season. From gameweek 10-20, he could have been dropped I agree but we did not have anyone else to replace him. Moore was our only other recognized CB and he was dropped for poor performances. The game against Villa, where Morgan was suspended was possibly our worst defensive performance of the season, so was that still Morgans fault. Him and Was were the best combination we had. Since gameweek 20 onwards he hasn't done much wrong individually, and most mistakes have been collective team mistakes.

He was solid for the first part of the season. From gameweek 10-20, he could have been dropped I agree but we did not have anyone else to replace him. Moore was our only other recognized CB and he was dropped for poor performances. The game against Villa, where Morgan was suspended was possibly our worst defensive performance of the season, so was that still Morgans fault. Him and Was were the best combination we had. Since gameweek 20 onwards he hasn't done much wrong individually, and most mistakes have been collective team mistakes.

Do you think he should be in the team now we have other options?

exactly we need to play attacking football to get out of this if we have any hope, we've shown all season we can't keep things tight then win it so we can't keep playing 5 at the back just so Pearson doesn't have to drop his captain, Huth and Was should be in the the pairing in a back 4 with either a second striker or someone playing off of Kramaric.

5 at the back, especially with Konchesky and Simpson as the wingbacks won't cut it

Yes because he has played well since we have had Huth and Upson in the team. 

exactly we need to play attacking football to get out of this if we have any hope, we've shown all season we can't keep things tight then win it so we can't keep playing 5 at the back just so Pearson doesn't have to drop his captain, Huth and Was should be in the the pairing in a back 4 with either a second striker or someone playing off of Kramaric.

5 at the back, especially with Konchesky and Simpson as the wingbacks won't cut it

We dont play a rigid 5-4-1 anyway. It is more like a 3-4-3 in attack and a 5-4-1 in defence. No formation is defensive anyway. A formation is about the way you set your team up to play to their strengths. Barcelona, Chelsea  play with 1 defensive midfielder and Madrid used to play 2 defensive midfielders. It doesn't mean they are playing defensively but trying to find a balance that suits the team

The 5-4-1 formation has brought us better performances anyway, and also we have looked more of a threat in an attacking sense. I agree with the fullbacks, I would swap one of them for De Laet. Thing is changing formations doesn't always lead to better performances, we played well in a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 at the start of the season, and then this formation looked poor later on in the season. At the moment 5-4-1 looks good, so why change it?

Archived