Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

He had a bad day at the office. Huth should have headed the ball away, but he left if for Wes who, i think, was in two minds. If he'd have played it back to Kasper he'd have put him under a lot of pressure with a bouncing ball/volley to clear and a striker closing him down. He was also at fault for the incident where he was tussling with Walters (just before our equaliser), could easily have been a free kick, but he allowed the ball to get away from him when trying to shield it, rather than clear it. He's been solid enough, and we all make mistakes. 

Was just a error that they capitalised on, no point dwelling on it, mistakes happen all over the park. Like others had said he has been solid all season and even if he had chased back he wouldn't of caught him or he would of took him out and got sent off.

btw love how the OP starts with 'I'm not slating morgan but....' and then goes on to slate him!

He doesn't slate him, he highlights something that I also thought of as unprofessional behaviour, and it wasn't the fvcked up attempt to backpass, but his reaction to the mistake, which was to just crouch down hold his head in his hands and await the inevitable. Instead of sprinting back to put Walters under pressure and be closer to the action should there be a rebound or Kasper gets something on it. Yes he was odds on to score but we see them missed every week.

It is something Nuge used to do that would piss me off, and dramatically react to a miss, especially when the ball is still in play, rather than get after the ball, or get into a position ready for a quick corner.

Mistakes happen and there is no point having a go at Wes for screwing up a back pass, but when you fvck up if there is a chance to make amends you do it, there will be time for head holding should he score, but until that ball goes into the back of the net you don't stop, you don't give up, even if Kasper only has a 2% chance of saving it, if you're not there to sweep up the rebound then he might as well not bother.

He doesn't slate him, he highlights something that I also thought of as unprofessional behaviour, and it wasn't the fvcked up attempt to backpass, but his reaction to the mistake, which was to just crouch down hold his head in his hands and await the inevitable. Instead of sprinting back to put Walters under pressure and be closer to the action should there be a rebound or Kasper gets something on it. Yes he was odds on to score but we see them missed every week.

It is something Nuge used to do that would piss me off, and dramatically react to a miss, especially when the ball is still in play, rather than get after the ball, or get into a position ready for a quick corner.

Mistakes happen and there is no point having a go at Wes for screwing up a back pass, but when you fvck up if there is a chance to make amends you do it, there will be time for head holding should he score, but until that ball goes into the back of the net you don't stop, you don't give up, even if Kasper only has a 2% chance of saving it, if you're not there to sweep up the rebound then he might as well not bother.

Jesus Christ- watch it again! Walters is miles clear of him after he makes the mistake. He's never catching him.

Jesus Christ- watch it again! Walters is miles clear of him after he makes the mistake. He's never catching him.

True but the ball is still in play, I'd expect him as a CB to be busting a gut to get back regardless of the chances that Walters will score. Hold your head after the goal's been scored.

Think it'll be his last season.

Need some decent young blood at CB next season, but Huth should stay out of the two as he's a better all-round defender.

Wouldn't rule out Moore to get better again and in for a shout.

Think it'll be his last season.

Need some decent young blood at CB next season, but Huth should stay out of the two as he's a better all-round defender.

Wouldn't rule out Moore to get better again and in for a shout.

Bloody hell Wymse I quite like you and that but some of your opinions on football don't half make me cry with confusion.

For me, it's Huth's mistake.

He should have belted it into orbit when it drops down, instead he left it for Morgan who had to react and try to prod a ball back to the keeper at an awful height.

If Huth clears it then it isn't a problem. He created the problem and Morgan amplified it.

How people can blame Huth is beyond me, he did the right thing, it was Morgan's mistake. However, I've got a lot of time for big Wes and I'm not slating him at all, think he's been great so far.

Yoshida made exactly the same mistake, and for his tussle with Walters that Stoke were getting arsey about was a good old scrap between two heavyweights, with Walters giving as good as he got. Good defender and so glad our originals (Morgan Schlupp Drinkwater King Vardy etc) are proving people wrong and keeping their place

I would hasten to add to the argument that Matt Elliot and Gerry Taggart are looked upon as one of the best central defensive partnerships that we've had for quite a time. The both of them, Walsh, Prior and Watts during their time too, were capable of mistakes. Wes Morgan is capable of mistakes. It was a howler on Saturday, that doesn't tarnish his past or future ability as a defender. He's been solid for a good 2 years, long may it continue. Franky Sinco, lest we forget, was an excellent defender.....

Wes has a problem that he is a Nottingham lad and supports Forest many City fans cannot accept this or understand it. He was brought in as a solid pro for around 750k/1 million as cover for our £5 million pound super defender. By and large he has been very steady for us and despite the abuse hurled at him on the moan in is not a bad defender. The problem is sometimes defenders make mistakes and it costs a goal it is a high risk position, same goes for Kasper. We have played teams with some serious strike forces costing serious money and by and large have been competitive for over a season, as city fans we have to have a pop at someone we cant help ourselves, wish some on here would give some of our players a break and support the team. As for the mistake on Sat, Huth should not have let the ball bounce, basic defending but it happened and we got a point so we move on.

For me, it's Huth's mistake.

He should have belted it into orbit when it drops down, instead he left it for Morgan who had to react and try to prod a ball back to the keeper at an awful height.

If Huth clears it then it isn't a problem. He created the problem and Morgan amplified it.

Well said

How people can blame Huth is beyond me, he did the right thing, it was Morgan's mistake. However, I've got a lot of time for big Wes and I'm not slating him at all, think he's been great so far.

Yoshida made exactly the same mistake, and for his tussle with Walters that Stoke were getting arsey about was a good old scrap between two heavyweights, with Walters giving as good as he got. Good defender and so glad our originals (Morgan Schlupp Drinkwater King Vardy etc) are proving people wrong and keeping their place

People correctly blame Huth as much as Wes because a central defender SHOULD NOT let a ball come 40 yards plus in the air , and not deal with it. It was unbelievably poor from the pair of them.

Archived