Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

Morgan

Agree. This was very evident against Swansea. But then shouldn't the armband go to Cambi?

Well with that thinking it should go to Huth.

Morgan may well be the best for skipper - it's not about plevel of play.

He's not been that bad all season but for some reason, maybe because he's the skipper, he's come under fire for every slight slip up. Like a lot of the players, as I've mentioned elsewhere Vardy in particular he's had to adjust to the big league and step up.

This thread just shows how reactionary this forum is.

There are so many comments along the lines not of 'Wes is out of form at present', rather 'Wes is rubbish' etc...

It's been a feature of the forum for the whole season. Nearly every player has had their turn to be scapegoated and vilified in their own way.

Vardy, Nugent, Wes, Jeff, RDL... And others have all got it in the neck from one quarter or the other.

It's embarrassing actually.

Oh...and add Kasper to that list...who's performance today has massively helped in hopefully keeping the club up..

This thread just shows how reactionary this forum is.

There are so many comments along the lines not of 'Wes is out of form at present', rather 'Wes is rubbish' etc...

It's been a feature of the forum for the whole season. Nearly every player has had their turn to be scapegoated and vilified in their own way.

Vardy, Nugent, Wes, Jeff, RDL... And others have all got it in the neck from one quarter or the other.

It's embarrassing actually.

Yeah... It's not like you to scapegoat anyone!!!

Yeah... It's not like you to scapegoat anyone!!!

I've not scapegoated anyone.

I've said all season that Cambiasso has not been as fantastic as nearly everyone else thinks. I've also said he's a model pro and one of our better players.

That's not scapegoating. But many many threads have been.

Been a beast the past few games!

Credit where credit is due people who slated his poor performances

Been ok by his standards but if he plays in the prem next seasonwe will struggle again.huth is so Many classes above Morgan.without him calamity would have messed up for sure.imagine huth with a quicker less flat-footedly partner,we would not be where we are that's fairly obvious

Been ok by his standards but if he plays in the prem next seasonwe will struggle again.huth is so Many classes above Morgan.without him calamity would have messed up for sure.imagine huth with a quicker less flat-footedly partner,we would not be where we are that's fairly obvious

Yawn. Can you not give the bloke any credit without following it up with a dig? The fact you call one of our players 'calamity' is actually quite embarrassing.

In the last first 6 and the last 6 games Wes has been brilliant. The middle of the season everyone was struggling, and Morgan was just as bad as the rest. Him and Huth are a more than adequate Premier League centre half pairing for a team in our position.  

I don't think I'm scapegoating Morgan by saying that for a large proportion of this season he has not been up to scratch, he just hasn't. Lately he's been playing very well and long may it continue. If he can keep up the level of performance he's shown for the last month then he is a vital part of a team that can get success. If he goes back to playing like he did then I would want him to be dropped, I think that's a fair assessment.

Played well lately but still makes me nervous watching him... Huth must be having a calming effect.

Sorry but not a Prem class defender for me, although rather him than Upson!

On the subject of defenders, De Laet... Shocking defensively, Albrighton, a winger all his career, was better! He needs to go if we stay up.

There was a great profile of him in The Times yesterday (can't link to their website unfortunately). In the interview, Wes mentioned how difficult the Prem can be because you get punished for momentary lapses in concentration; certainly, Liverpool at home springs to mind as a game where he was punished severely.

He also spoke about how he is a laid back personality and how he's never doubted his ability to play at this level. Fair play to him too, because in recent weeks we've seen that he can operate well at this level; I think like a lot of our players it's been a tough adjustment period to the Premiership.

He also had a little dig at Mike Jones for that 'handball' at Liverpool!

Not when in your own words he's under instructions from Huth.

That's not what FIF said though - what he essentially said is that having a reliable old clogger next to Wes takes a bit of the pressure off Wes - that knowing he's got a reliable player to cover allows him to relax and play his game rather than worrying about trying to play his team mate out of trouble as well.

Played well lately but still makes me nervous watching him... Huth must be having a calming effect.

Sorry but not a Prem class defender for me, although rather him than Upson!

On the subject of defenders, De Laet... Shocking defensively, Albrighton, a winger all his career, was better! He needs to go if we stay up.

FOAD

Been a beast the past few games!

Credit where credit is due people who slated his poor performances

Eh? He's been a mountain over the past 4 games but lets not deny that he's been a total liability for the majority of this season.

Agreed he's been really good for the last 4 games. I really didn't think he could cope at this level - maybe he can.

This is the kind of attitude that I hope we don't see this summer.

Morgan has been great in the last few games but the true test of his ability should be judged over the course of the season and in that he has been found wanting.

For me, if we survive it shouldn't be a case of thinking our players have earned the right to have a second season, I want us to be ruthless. Nugent, Morgan, Konchesky and perhaps even Schmeichel have not been good enough for large parts of this season and if we're to progress as a team they need replacing with better quality players who can produce over the entireity of a season at this level.

The abuse he got on here earlier was ridiculous. Yes he was out of form from around gameweek 10-20. I said it earlier on this thread, that this was the only period we should have considered dropping him. But what were the options, him or Moore were the only fit CBs. He started the season amazingly well. And since around late January he has been fairly solid and is improving all the time. He was made a scapegoat by some people to why things were going wrong, when the truth was that he was one of many who were not performing.

This is the kind of attitude that I hope we don't see this summer.

Morgan has been great in the last few games but the true test of his ability should be judged over the course of the season and in that he has been found wanting.

For me, if we survive it shouldn't be a case of thinking our players have earned the right to have a second season, I want us to be ruthless. Nugent, Morgan, Konchesky and perhaps even Schmeichel have not been good enough for large parts of this season and if we're to progress as a team they need replacing with better quality players who can produce over the entireity of a season at this level.

We must strengthen in the summer nugent and Morgan are not good enough for next season if we stay up

It's no coincidence that he's improved with two other centre backs around him in a 3. They help him enormously. Think it's one of the reasons we started playing 3 at the back...

He's been the stand out of the three for a few matches though and even for that people are giving Huth the praise for helping it happen

He's been the stand out of the three for a few matches though and even for that people are giving Huth the praise for helping it happen

Absolutely. Scapegoating at it's best imo. Huth has been very consistent and solid, but Morgan has been by far the stand out defender in the last few games, maybe because he is playing alongside Huth and feels more comfortable. Certain players are set up for scapegoating such as Nugent/Morgan/UIloa/Kasper that when they have good games, few people admit it and when they have poor games our fans are outraged, even labelling players a 'calamity'. 

I'm not sure. I felt against West Ham and Swansea there were occasions when Morgan was caught out. It's just he gets a lot more help in the three. Just an observation. I could be wrong but I do feel his upturn in form has coincided with that. Whether it's caused it is another matter

Archived