Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

No i looks like he isn't getting the best out of them but that is down to the individuals performances in the most part. The speed of thought from a few players is not at a level required when you are up against some of the worlds best players. In others, they are too scared to put their foot on the ball it seems and have a quick glance at available options. These are all problems associated with the players. When the big day comes, clearly the anxiety kicks in.

The level between Premier League and the Championship is a huge chasm. The players we have, are in the most part, Championship quality, that is glaringly obvious and NP is trying to set them up not to get spanked and unfortunately, the players we have are one dimensional in that they cant focus on doing more than job at a time.

Bournemouth top the championship, score goals for fun, they come up against a below par Liverpool and get beat comfortably, at home too.

The aptitude required for the Premier League is far greater than needed for the Championship as we are finding out on a weekly basis.

And if NP didn't realise this and us sticking with predominantly last seasons side was ultimately his doing, then he will be told to leave.

The fact that he hasn't suggests to me that the recruitment in close season was not in his remit.

Agree with all of this.

I think all of us who have played football at any level have played in a match where the pace of the game just seemed too much and your time on the ball simply wasn't enough - this appears to be the issue with our players particuarly in front of goal  

Add Derby to the list of current top Championship sides put to the sword by Premiership sides last week in the cup and comfortably too - the gap between the two divisions is huge.

The close season recruitment policey is also far from clear and will remain so, probably for a number of years. If Pearson has landed all of his targets pre-season then for me he would have been gone by now, if he had convinced the owners that the promotion squad was sufficient for premiership survival (which it clearly isn't) and he had indicated that significant investment was not required again he would have been gone by now. 

For me the die is now probably cast and the bigger picture is to view next season back in the Championship which will mean few if any January signings and probably some loan deals which will expire at the end of the season. Realistically who is going to want to come to a club destined for relegation apart from mercenaries only interested in pursuing their own careers.

Very sad and so frustrating having waited many years for this opportunity and off the back of such a wonderful last season.

Well it is the season to be jolly and all that . . .

Sorry mate, didn't answer your question earlier. I'd give Nige till the new Year. If we don't win either of the next two, then yes, probably a change is called for. I don't want to get relegated. I'm also very peed off with Pearson off the field. This feud with Stringer and the players not entertaining radio Leicester is pathetic and smacks of arrogance. It's gone on too long. Pearson is a frustrating character. Some of what he does I completely agree with..other stuff I completely disagree with.

Two more games, for me.

No i looks like he isn't getting the best out of them but that is down to the individuals performances in the most part. The speed of thought from a few players is not at a level required when you are up against some of the worlds best players. In others, they are too scared to put their foot on the ball it seems and have a quick glance at available options. These are all problems associated with the players. When the big day comes, clearly the anxiety kicks in.

The level between Premier League and the Championship is a huge chasm. The players we have, are in the most part, Championship quality, that is glaringly obvious and NP is trying to set them up not to get spanked and unfortunately, the players we have are one dimensional in that they cant focus on doing more than job at a time.

Bournemouth top the championship, score goals for fun, they come up against a below par Liverpool and get beat comfortably, at home too.

The aptitude required for the Premier League is far greater than needed for the Championship as we are finding out on a weekly basis.

And if NP didn't realise this and us sticking with predominantly last seasons side was ultimately his doing, then he will be told to leave.

The fact that he hasn't suggests to me that the recruitment in close season was not in his remit.

I just think the 'players are to blame' argument must be the most easy of all to dismantle. Quite apart from the fact that he was given a lot of time, and plenty of funds, to assemble the backbone of a side that - upon promotion - could stay in the PL, he also has to live and die by the same standards as any other manager. All managers are judged on results, all results are defined by the performances of the players. It's a truism to say that his problems are down to our players.

And his spending in the summer was not significantly worst than QPR's, and better than Burnley's, and here lie two sides who have clearly surpassed us in the meantime. So transfers can't account for anything. Especially when he spent nearly all of his money on one very competent CF who he's chosen to bench just at the point when his form seems to have returned, and our side seem most hard-up for goals.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! His loyalty should be to the club, and not the players. The players don't pay his huge salary!

Pearson should have been well aware that many of his players would have been unable to cope in the Premiership. Many of us pointed that out before the start of the season, but the manager couldn't see it. That says it all. Clearly he is not a man, capable of managing a Premiership side.

Nice to read a sensible and intelligent post from a real fan and not the sickafantic Pearsonite clan that keep harping on about this and that. Pearson is crap end of and needs to go end of.

Sorry mate, didn't answer your question earlier. I'd give Nige till the new Year. If we don't win either of the next two, then yes, probably a change is called for. I don't want to get relegated. I'm also very peed off with Pearson off the field. This feud with Stringer and the players not entertaining radio Leicester is pathetic and smacks of arrogance. It's gone on too long. Pearson is a frustrating character. Some of what he does I completely agree with..other stuff I completely disagree with.

Two more games, for me.

Yep about right for me aswell col

However it would be a huge gamble either way

Something has to change or else we will blow 10 years of getting back to this level

Yep about right for me aswell col

However it would be a huge gamble either way

Something has to change or else we will blow 10 years of getting back to this level

We never had 10 years of getting back to this level. About half of that period was spent fighting the demons of administration, scraping for survival and minimizing damage.

In between 2004 and 2008, we've all witnessed some of the most bland and uninspiring football ever, always fearing for the worst.

Remember the type of players wearing a Leicester shirt, the managers that were in charge.

We only really tried getting back to the top flight starting in 2010 or 2011 respectively.

We never had 10 years of getting back to this level. About half of that period was spent fighting the demons of administration, scraping for survival and minimizing damage.

In between 2004 and 2008, we've all witnessed some of the most bland and uninspiring football ever, always fearing for the worst.

Remember the type of players wearing a Leicester shirt, the managers that were in charge.

We only really tried getting back to the top flight starting in 2010 or 2011 respectively.

Pruss

10 years outside our required level is still 10 years outside our required level whichever way you cut the mustard

Pruss

10 years outside our required level is still 10 years outside our required level whichever way you cut the mustard

Being/remaining at the top level does not represent the regular status quo of this club, we've been yo-yoing more than anything else in the past 50, 60 years.

Being/remaining at the top level does not represent the regular status quo of this club, we've been yo-yoing more than anything else in the past 50, 60 years.

Fair play we have been a yoyo club in the past but again to me that makes this current annus horriblus even harder to errm . . . Swallow

Yes, but were not allowed to talk about decent managers, only shit ones to make Nigel look like a God. Adams also assembled, with little money a very competitive squad and if it wasn't for crazy sub's we would have stayed up, but at least we were competitive and put up some kind of fight.

Nothing new in that department then. We're also "putting up some kind of fight" under Pearson - from what I've seen so far, nothing suggests the team has given up already.

In the end, Adams could do little about us getting relegated, because the players, as experienced as they were, came up with silly individual mistakes, as well. Remember all the games we threw away thanks to late equalizers or winners from the opposition?

Which decent manager in your eyes is available at the moment? Come on, name some.

Nothing new in that department then. We're also "putting up some kind of fight" under Pearson - from what I've seen so far, nothing suggests the team has given up already.

In the end, Adams could do little about us getting relegated, because the players, as experienced as they were, came up with silly individual mistakes, as well. Remember all the games we threw away thanks to late equalizers or winners from the opposition?

Which decent manager in your eyes is available at the moment? Come on, name some.

What kind of fight, I've seen more fight in a mortuary, we have let leads slip, and failed to dominate games. Teams have looked well comfortable against us

At this moment and time, I'm willing to give the tea lady a go at managing the team. Just cus there are few options, it doesn't mean we should accept what we have. What about tiny pubis, I hear he is available, or tom sherwank

At this moment and time, I'm willing to give the tea lady a go at managing the team. Just cus there are few options, it doesn't mean we should accept what we have. What about tiny pubis, I hear he is available, or tom sherwank

I think Col should get his shot. And then let him sign Lee ****ing Cattermole and see how we go from there. :D

IMO Pearson has to be given the time to change the squad he has. For me Pearson has grossly underestimated the quality of the squad and his faith in them has not been repaid. 

In fairness to Nigel though most city fans would have agreed with him that the squad could/should have competed better at this level. Who'd have thought Kasper, Morgan, Drinky, James, Vardy, Knocky, Nugent and De Leat would have struggled so much? 

I am going to judge Nigel after January. Surely he knows now that these players need help and I am sure he will be working hard to do that. 

Getting rid of Nigel now is not the answer. We all surely know he's a good manager and good managers will be good in any division given time. Without doubt he has gotten this first half of the season wrong but getting rid of him now will only give another team the benefit of his mistakes here. He will learn from it and not make the mistakes again and be an even better manager for it. Surely it should be Leicester that gets the benefit of this?

I honestly don't think a swap for Pearson to Pullis is much of a step up. Not long term (2-3 seasons). I remember League 1 when Nigel really did save the club. If we hadn't have gotten promoted that season god knows where we would be now. I look across the road at Coventry and realise how lucky we are. This and other things for me means Nigel gets time. The first time I would even contemplate the sack for Nigel would be this time next season if we were not within 6 points of the automatic promotion places in the championship. 

This has to be a rational argument based on facts and figures which I believe decisions such as this should be taken. It's certainly a better argument than 'get Pearson out cos hes crap and get Pullis in cos hes brill' 

Archived