Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

No, we must keep Pearson for the long term.

IMO Pearson genuinely likes this club, yeah he might have not brought any big names in over the summer but they would have demanded massive wages, lets face it even if we brought big names in we still might have gone down so even if we do at least our wage bill isn't ridiculous.

if we had redknapp or some other idiot, that might not be the same

So I heard Ally McCoist is now jobless :o

Couldn't get rangers out of the scottish championship and is currently being outsmarted by Craig Levein and Robbie Neilson. If that's the best we've got to chose from then sticking with pearson is by far and away the best option. 

IMO Pearson genuinely likes this club, yeah he might have not brought any big names in over the summer but they would have demanded massive wages, lets face it even if we brought big names in we still might have gone down so even if we do at least our wage bill isn't ridiculous.

The idiot in 16th with 70% more points than us???

And what? I'd rather have Pearson.

And it's past time to start asking serious questions about his ability to manage at premiership level. I love the guy for what he has done however the league table speaks for itself.

I won't say we have played bad as of recent, in fact at some times we have looked really good and played some decent football. We have looked strong at times and given some big teams a run for their money, however points are what matters and it's that we lack. Personal mistakes can't be blamed on him but some decisions are bats**t insane and I seriously question the tactical decisions he makes.

And it's past time to start asking serious questions about his ability to manage at premiership level. I love the guy for what he has done however the league table speaks for itself.

I won't say we have played bad as of recent, in fact at some times we have looked really good and played some decent football. We have looked strong at times and given some big teams a run for their money, however points are what matters and it's that we lack. Personal mistakes can't be blamed on him but some decisions are bats**t insane and I seriously question the tactical decisions he makes.

I don't argue with what you've put there, I agree it, but I just don't agree with your shout for McCoist as manager. You're talking about a guy that isn't any better than the likes of Levien over in Scotland. Yeah, remember him.

Great reason to keep a manager that.

No, that's some of the facts. If Pearson said to the owners in the summer we need x, y and z and then turned around and said you can only have w, q and y. Then it puts a completely different perspective on it.

Yes we should be doing a bit better than we currently are. But again, without all the facts (and that includes available managers, money to spend etc) then it's impossible to say one way or the other whether it's better to twist or stick.

It's the most important fact. If that's what Pearson got, I reckon Dyche got b, e, and f. And they're still 5 points clear of us? With a squad that finished below us last year.

Your endless defence of this utter shambles is quite infuriating.

Let's not beat about the bush...we are playing crap against teams who are of a similar standard to us.

I am fed up of hearing the post-Man Utd europhia lead us to where we are today, gave us false hope... We beat a team that had players like David De Gea, Di Maria, Falcao, Blind, Rooney, Van Persie. Why? Because we never gave up and kept on fighting.

Until we re-establish that fight to keep going until the bitter end we won't get up the table and I think I blame NP for not being able to galvanise the squad enough anymore. The effort is there but the fight is missing. We need to get that back!

It's the most important fact. If that's what Pearson got, I reckon Dyche got b, e, and f. And they're still 5 points clear of us? With a squad that finished below us last year.

I don't see how Babs et al. are defending this "shambles", over the course of the past weeks and months, they've repeatedly pointed out where they think things have gone wrong and how they could've been rectified.

They've also criticized the manager multiple times, albeit on a different and more substantiated basis - none of that repetitious "he's arrogant, he won't talk to the fans, I don't like him, harrrr, etc" bosh.

No one is defending the situation we find ourselves in, rather trying to make sense of it and - if we're talking defending here - trying to put a few things right concerning the assumptions and claims surrounding this club and personal attacks on the manager.

Finishing first in the Championship doesn't automatically warrant finishing above second- and third-placed a league above.

You can take a look at the stats from previous Premier League seasons to find out how teams automatically promoted to the Premier League have fared compared to their immediate counterparts behind them.

With a far smaller team and less resources and facilities remember it is Bournemouth he's managing not Ipswich Norwich Blackburn or Leeds.

You'd be surprised how much money Bournemouth do have...

Edit: Obviously Howe is doing a fantastic job though. Good manager just not, I think, right for us at this moment.

Every fact would get taken into account when deciding to change the manager. Not just the current points on the board and not just current form. If that was the only the owners took into account Pearson would already have been gone and we very well may have not have the fantastic year we did last year.

I don't really care where Sean Dyche has Burnley at the moment, what I care about is where we end up. They and QPR were ahead of us for much of the start of last season also, you may have forgotten. We then went on to finish ahead of both of them.

As for continual defence, I presume you've neglected to read the posts where I've continually said he's made mistakes and that he shoulders much of the blame for us losing our momentum. But I'm also not going to ignore potential mitigating circumstances like recuitment and budgets, that could have tied his hands behind his back somewhat. Whilst we don't know the full reasons, I'm sure it's not escaped peoples attention that the DOF has gone and the manager is still in place.

So, if I'm the owner and I know that Pearson handed over a list of targets and positions that needed filling and they failed to provide him with what he needed. That is something they will take into account when making a decision. And that's why I have continually said I'm happy for them to do whatever they think best with all information at hand. They have proved themselves to me so I trust them to do what they think is right, and to not do it without thinking it all through.

If you just want to look at points, clearly there is enough of a problem there for them to be seriously considering his position and rightly so, but sometimes there is a bit more to it.

You'd be surprised how much money Bournemouth do have...

Edit: Obviously Howe is doing a fantastic job though. Good manager just not, I think, right for us at this moment.

I'm not saying he's for us,but people are asking for examples of who other than Pearson and he's doing what Pearson did with less resources.he will get his shot at the premier league and only time will tell what he does with it.Pearson must be disappointed In himself.we need some one with experience rdm would have been perfect.

Holloway took Blackpool up with a smaller team, less resources and facilities. But you wouldn't want him back again.

No cAuse he's had his chAnce with us.I'm not keep going round in circles there are other options than a man whose provided 2 from 36,you don't know how good some one can be till they get the chance.Sean dyche as adapted far better with a lot less,so you should care about burnley.

I'm not saying he's for us,but people are asking for examples of who other than Pearson and he's doing what Pearson did with less resources.he will get his shot at the premier league and only time will tell what he does with it.Pearson must be disappointed In himself.we need some one with experience rdm would have been perfect.

I agree about the last bit (well not sure about RDM though). If we are to replace Pearson with someone it has to be someone with experience. Pulis does fit that but does his style fit our players and our chairman? We aren't really in a position to gamble on a Howe or someone like that. I'm sure Pearson is disappointed. He may be quite disappointed in himself. He may be disappointed that we weren't able to get better players in the summer. Personally, I know that too much goes on behind the scenes for me to berate a manager to the point of driving him out of the club. He deserves criticism. So do the players for getting such basics wrong as top flight footballers. The DOF apparently deserved criticism because he's been put out of a job. The owners may even deserve some criticism for maybe not supporting the manager financially enough. There's so many possible permutations that I refuse to get worked up about it to the extent that some do. All we know is that we aren't doing well. I like giving my opinion and seeing what others think on the matter. That's what this place is about. Sometimes it goes too far though.

2 from 36 = appalling - I knew he wouldn't be able to cope in this division and yet still, because he is nice (apparently, despite telling someone to **** off and die) we have to keep him forever.

Should never have had him back here - we waited years for him to get it together, incapable for one and a half seasons of putting anything like a run together (except the worst in our history - until now?) and when he finally lucks out, all he does is give Champ players extended contracts, signs no one who's ever played in this league and throws it all away again. He sits in the stand like some kind of aloof idiot, acts like a three year old when interviewed, has disdain for our supporters and has no clue how to arrest the free fall.

Rednapp gets criticised on here all the time yet has signed quality players and is pulling away from us - Pearson's going to get sacked let's just hope the inexperienced board do finally make a right decision and do it now.

COYB

Pearson has made plenty of mistakes and is still making them as all newly promoted managers are prone too.

But his biggest mistake was thinking that our Championship defence would survive in the Premiership.

His big problem now is convincing quality defenders to come to a team in very poor shape at the bottom of the division

Archived