Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Supporters taking comfort in the fact that we 'haven't been turned over by anyone yet' are in cloud cuckoo land. Teams in this league are very good at shutting up shop and seeing out a game. Something that we are completely incapable of doing. It's happened so often; Man City, West Ham, Liverpool to name a few recent ones. They didn't narrowly beat us, they pretty comfortably saw the games out to collect three points.

Sorry I'm not having this.

Is it just us that teams go "enough's enough" against then?

Because Hull, QPR, Palace, Burnley, Sunderland, Southampton, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa and West Brom have all lost by 3 goal margins or more this season and many of those teams have done so on multiple occasions.

This is no coincidence. The same thing happened in 2012/13 when we were on a poor run, although it has to be said Barnsley did turn us over and only won 2-0. Pearson picks sides that won't roll over and get hammered, arguably at the expense of ones capable of actually winning.

Of the sides who've beaten us by 2 goals this season, only Swansea were able to take their foot off the gas early.

Southampton totally outclassed us but didn't score until the 75th minute.

Chelsea were given a really good game and didn't score until about the 80th minute.

Palace was an even game until they scored but to be fair they were in complete control and could have added more on the break.

Swansea we were abject.

Liverpool went 3-1 up in the 84th minute and the goals they did score were gifted to them. We even managed to peg them back in their own half for 10 minutes when down to 10 men.

On Saturday all of our best chances came at 2-0 down.

Let's spin the debate a little.

Do we hold the owners responsible for the situation at all?

They have allowed the club to enter the toughest club league in the world with no experience in the management team at all unless I am mistaken - and please don't say Pearson cos I ain't having that.

Anyone asking the owners to leave?

You do have a point, they are naive and showed that with the appointment of Sven. They were quite happy to stand by and watch as NFP put his faith in a defence that didn't defend that well last year at championship level.

Quite where we go from here I dont know, January window is difficult to do business in and if we do find quality that wants to come I will be amazed. However the owners can now expect to spend over the odds because we're Leicester City and we're desperate.

Sorry I'm not having this.

Is it just us that teams go "enough's enough" against then?

Because Hull, QPR, Palace, Burnley, Sunderland, Southampton, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Newcastle, Villa and West Brom have all lost by 3 goal margins or more this season and many of those teams have done so on multiple occasions.

This is no coincidence. The same thing happened in 2012/13 when we were on a poor run, although it has to be said Barnsley did turn us over and only won 2-0. Pearson picks sides that won't roll over and get hammered, arguably at the expense of ones capable of actually winning.

Of the sides who've beaten us by 2 goals this season, only Swansea were able to take their foot off the gas early.

Southampton totally outclassed us but didn't score until the 75th minute.

Chelsea were given a really good game and didn't score until about the 80th minute.

Palace was an even game until they scored but to be fair they were in complete control and could have added more on the break.

Swansea we were abject.

Liverpool went 3-1 up in the 84th minute and the goals they did score were gifted to them. We even managed to peg them back in their own half for 10 minutes when down to 10 men.

On Saturday all of our best chances came at 2-0 down.

We did not peg Liverpool back in their own box. We continually lumped long balls into their area which was bread and butter to their centre halves.

You really think Man City were out of second gear against us? They didn't need to be. This has been the case with quite a few games. We are very easy to beat, and create very little. We haven't been unlucky, it hasn't been close. We are usually easily swept aside with teams barely needing to get out of second gear to do so.

We did not peg Liverpool back in their own box. We continually lumped long balls into their area which was bread and butter to their centre halves.

You really think Man City were out of second gear against us? They didn't need to be. This has been the case with quite a few games. We are very easy to beat, and create very little. We haven't been unlucky, it hasn't been close. We are usually easily swept aside with teams barely needing to get out of second gear to do so.

Nah you are wrong. We did indeed peg Liverpool back and played some nice tidy football in doing so. We limited Man City to minimal chances and frustrated the life out of them by a good performance. Its absolute rubbish to say teams just coast in this league, maybe if they are 3 or 4 up but not at 1-0.

Nah you are wrong. We did indeed peg Liverpool back and played some nice tidy football in doing so. We limited Man City to minimal chances and frustrated the life out of them by a good performance. Its absolute rubbish to say teams just coast in this league, maybe if they are 3 or 4 up but not at 1-0.

How many shots/headers on target did we have during that period where we 'pegged Liverpool back'.

We didn't register a single shot on target at Joe Hart's goal. He's never had a more comfortable afternoon in this division.

How many shots/headers on target did we have during that period where we 'pegged Liverpool back'.

We didn't register a single shot on target at Joe Hart's goal. He's never had a more comfortable afternoon in this division.

Failed to address any of my points. Do you understand the term "peg back". Joe Hart may have had a comfortable afternoon but the 10 outfield players didn't, they had to work hard for their win.

Failed to address any of my points. Do you understand the term "peg back". Joe Hart may have had a comfortable afternoon but the 10 outfield players didn't, they had to work hard for their win.

Peg back? So our goalie lumping ball after ball into the penalty area straight onto Skrtl's head is 'pegging back'? Come on. We didn't ever look like scoring. It was a very easy win for Liverpool.

Of course Man City players had to work hard, but we were never ever in that game. It wasn't an unlucky 0-1 defeat. They were absolutely comfortable and could have upped a gear at any time if they'd liked. Amazed you couldn't see that.

Peg back? So our goalie lumping ball after ball into the penalty area straight onto Skrtl's head is 'pegging back'? Come on. We didn't ever look like scoring. It was a very easy win for Liverpool.

Of course Man City players had to work hard, but we were never ever in that game. It wasn't an unlucky 0-1 defeat. They were absolutely comfortable and could have upped a gear at any time if they'd liked. Amazed you couldn't see that.

I'm done, your analysis of both games is incorrect. Far too many moronic views to engage in a reasonable debate.

Of course Man City players had to work hard, but we were never ever in that game. It wasn't an unlucky 0-1 defeat. They were absolutely comfortable and could have upped a gear at any time if they'd liked. Amazed you couldn't see that.[/quot

To be fair we played ok didn't deserve to lose by 2,but Liverpool were more than comfortable and were far from under great pressure.kolo toure had a field day with easy headed clearances.

It is very easy to say in hindsight that we didn't buy enough, but most people on here in the summer were pretty happy with the squad we had. Most expected Drinkwater and James to make the step up comfortably to be Premier League midfielders, with some even saying Drinkwater would be a future England player! Most said that Vardy would be able to cause trouble at this level and will score plenty of goals. And after 5 games there was no suggestion that our frontline was 'clearly not enough quality' as it is labelled as now with Ulloa having 5, and the other 3 centre forwards all scoring 1.

The only naivety I think was foreseeable is the defence, but again most saw Moore as a more than competent defender who would flourish in the Premier League. Added to that we did recruit a very experienced Prem centre half in Upson who has unfortunately spent all his time on the treatment table.

My point is that most of us as fans had the same amount of faith as Pearson in his squads ability to step up, and it wasn't until after the transfer window had closed that it proved that some have not. He has tried different players and formations in the last few months to no avail, so it is not as if he has just done the same thing week in week out. He is picking from a pool of players, no matter what 11 go on the pitch are inferior to the 11 they are playing against individually. he has earnt the right to attempt to rectify the situation with a few additions in January in key areas, and the owners are clearly behind him having got rid of Terry so we as fans should get behind him and the team too, this endless divide between 'Pearsonites' and 'Pearson Haters' is dull and doing no good for the morale on a Saturday.

I don't think it matters much if teams are 'coasting us' or not. It seems a bit of a non-argument.

The fact remains we don't defend well as a team, we don't attack well as a team, some of our stats make for abysmal reading and we are bottom with an embarrassing number of points from the last 12 games.

End of...

I give Nigel two games to get at least one win. Lose the next two, and all the excuses in the world, cos that's really what they are, will no longer wash with me.

I don't think it matters much if teams are 'coasting us' or not. It seems a bit of a non-argument.

The fact remains we don't defend well as a team, we don't attack well as a team, some of our stats make for abysmal reading and we are bottom with an embarrassing number of points from the last 12 games.

End of...

I give Nigel two games to get at least one win. Lose the next two, and all the excuses in the world, cos that's really what they are, will no longer wash with me.

Good sides are built on a decent defence. Ours is prone to errors and isn't comfortable at starting attacks on the ball other than hoofing it to Vardy or Ulloa. The defence is out of its depth and the worst in the division by a mile.

It's alright saying get rid of him, but what do you do?

I always remember some goon on another site going on about getting rid of him when he had a bad run before, and replace him with Lee Clarke.

We wouldn't have even got up in the first place if we had gone down that route.

There is not an easy answer. If there was, then take it, but there isn't.

We are always going to struggle to attract players in January now. The only option is long ball Pulis, and if he got it wrong we would be down and with a team of long ball and long throw in players.

It is all about risk and reward and I honestly can't see a good solution.

You lose the argument, so resort to abuse. Well done.

Man City weren't comfortable winners?! Do me a favour.

I've not lost anything. As stated your views are moronic. To dismiss us "pegging" Liverpool back is where you have shown yourself up. And we didn't allow Man City time and space on the ball. They struggled to create chances, please don't confuse that with "not getting out of 2nd gear". Your inability to analyse a game is astounding.

I learned fairly quickly yesterday not to waste my time on big mickey.strikes me as a bit of a sociopath.I doubt he's that big either and I reckon he 'll be lonely this Christmas.

Haha there is no e in Micky, as all of your previous posts this one is also factually incorrect.

I've not lost anything. As stated your views are moronic. To dismiss us "pegging" Liverpool back is where you have shown yourself up. And we didn't allow Man City time and space on the ball. They struggled to create chances, please don't confuse that with "not getting out of 2nd gear". Your inability to analyse a game is astounding.

So we did or didnt peg back Liverpool? To me, pegging a side back is battering their goal, creating chances, putting them under the cosh. We did none of that. Please don't dismiss me as one of these Pearson out negative fans. I'm quite the opposite - I want him to stay, and I don't think all hope is lost. However, I also don't believe we are 'narrowly losing games, small margins etc'. I think on the most part, we've been easily beaten.

STOP with that damn phrase. PLEASE. It's a total sh*t phrase.

So we did or didnt peg back Liverpool? To me, pegging a side back is battering their goal, creating chances, putting them under the cosh. We did none of that. Please don't dismiss me as one of these Pearson out negative fans. I'm quite the opposite - I want him to stay, and I don't think all hope is lost. However, I also don't believe we are 'narrowly losing games, small margins etc'. I think on the most part, we've been easily beaten.

And all of the other teams around us are getting "easily beaten" on that basis. In fact they're getting even more easily beaten. Far more easily beaten in QPR's case.

We're not 10 points bad, and the fact we're not getting steamrollered when sides with far more points are routinely getting well beaten suggests that we are in fact "not far off" and our control of games in key moments is what is lacking rather than ability full stop.

And all of the other teams around us are getting "easily beaten" on that basis. In fact they're getting even more easily beaten. Far more easily beaten in QPR's case.

We're not 10 points bad, and the fact we're not getting steamrollered when sides with far more points are routinely getting well beaten suggests that we are in fact "not far off" and our control of games in key moments is what is lacking rather than ability full stop.

Aye.  It may be all ifs, buts and maybes, but in all of the last 5 defeats, we've been into a good position and let the opposition in with momentary lapses of concentration: A bit of sense against QPR and Villa, and we'd be right in the mixer. We aren't far off at all - we've been holding our own in matches, then shooting ourselves in the foot - we're beating ourselves more than the opposing team are.

Aye. It may be all ifs, buts and maybes, but in all of the last 5 defeats, we've been into a good position and let the opposition in with momentary lapses of concentration: A bit of sense against QPR and Villa, and we'd be right in the mixer. We aren't far off at all - we've been holding our own in matches, then shooting ourselves in the foot - we're beating ourselves more than the opposing team are.

No offence Doc, but you must have been saying this now for weeks.

It won't wash mate. We may be 'beating ourselves' but until it shows signs of improving, its another non-argument.. yes we are..so why? and what are we going to do about it?

Move the discussion on....

Aye.  It may be all ifs, buts and maybes, but in all of the last 5 defeats, we've been into a good position and let the opposition in with momentary lapses of concentration: A bit of sense against QPR and Villa, and we'd be right in the mixer. We aren't far off at all - we've been holding our own in matches, then shooting ourselves in the foot - we're beating ourselves more than the opposing team are.

I agree with this really, but it isn't good enough. The consistency of our mistakes is staggering.

It's worth pointing out that up until the backpass we'd probably edged the game on Saturday.

Still, our lack of effective alternative when behind is extremely concerning. Resorting to hoofball every time despite it being an Allardyce side. It's like trying to outpass Barcelona.

Our only chance of survival is sorting out this defence. It's hopeless. Defensively not up to it and technically not up to it.

Archived