Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

That has to be it. Pearson needs to go.

Let's spin the debate a little.

Do we hold the owners responsible for the situation at all?

They have allowed the club to enter the toughest club league in the world with no experience in the management team at all unless I am mistaken - and please don't say Pearson cos I ain't having that.

Anyone asking the owners to leave?

There's always stats coming out about teams bottom or bottom 3 at Christmas and whether they get relegated or not. I've always been undecided on whether sticking with the manager or changing is the best way so I decided to look back at what the bottom 3 at Christmas had done in the last 11 years and I was actually surprised.

33 teams bottom 3 at Xmas.

17 changed their manager at some point during the season - 8 stayed up, 9 relegated

16 kept their manager all season - 7 stayed up, 9 relegated

11 teams bottom at Xmas - 9 relegated, 2 stayed up

The 2 teams that stayed up both changed their manager before December.

Out of the 9 relegated, 4 changed and 5 kept and got relegated.

I know this doesn't really prove much, but it was something I was to interested in finding out and thought I'd share.

They have allowed the club to enter the toughest club league in the world with no experience in the management team at all unless I am mistaken - and please don't say Pearson cos I ain't having that.

Seriously you having a pop at the owners?

Madness

It's Pearson and the players fault FULL STOP

I know the point you're trying to make but it's a bit silly. The owners have put their trust and money in Pearson, if we go down they'll have to put more money in so no, no one blames the owners.

Pearson has made plenty of mistakes and is still making them as all newly promoted managers are prone too.

But his biggest mistake was thinking that our Championship defence would survive in the Premiership.

This for me. We've been unlucky with Upson but we should certainly have splashed out on a full back, maybe let Wasilewski go back to Anderlecht and spent significant money on another CB.

We conceded plenty before deadline day. It was less noticeable because of our fixtures, again arguably unfortunate. But Pearson and his men should have noticed.

It's the owners' fault he was allowed to win us promotion to the Premier League.

You're wasting your breath (although technically it's typing) Prussian, some people will never forgive him for such a heinous crime!

More should have been made about the comments to the media about spending, mistranslated or not. It must have fvcked Robinson in some way- it made national press ffs.

It's the owners' fault he was allowed to win us promotion to the Premier League.

So we should allow him to take us down. It not that we are going down, but the manner, he is completely out of his depth, ignorant and too arrogant to realise. For me the, the honour to give him the chance is plain stupid, we are a football club with ambition, I would say he would fail trying to get us bac and fail again.......what a waste.

This was man who stood in front of all the media and stared his team is good enough, and that we would surprise the prem..... He was full of shit! If it was a case of him being denied funds, that answer would not be given. This is his doing, he needs to take responsibility

So we should allow him to take us down. It not that we are going down, but the manner, he is completely out of his depth, ignorant and too arrogant to realise. For me the, the honour to give him the chance is plain stupid, we are a football club with ambition, I would say he would fail trying to get us bac and fail again.......what a waste.

This was man who stood in front of all the media and stared his team is good enough, and that we would surprise the prem..... He was full of shit! If it was a case of him being denied funds, that answer would not be given. This is his doing, he needs to take responsibility

What else was he supposed to say there? Granted, the team is doing worse than even some pessimists thought it would but seriously, nobody thought it would be easy (hell, most pundits had City going straight back down).

I don't think Pearson had a particularly good game on Saturday but he and the boys certainly outdid a tired Man City team. I agree that he's running out of chances to pull the right levers but I'm not ready to send Nige packing before the transfer window.

It's clear that the club underestimated the amount of talent and experience that needed to be brought in before the season; however, the club and the owners have been good about righting mistakes (see Sven and the spending philosophy during that time). Hopefully some new guys can be acquired but it's going to be a tough fight, with or without Nige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What else was he supposed to say there? Granted, the team is doing worse than even some pessimists thought it would but seriously, nobody thought it would be easy (hell, most pundits had City going straight back down).

I don't think Pearson had a particularly good game on Saturday but he and the boys certainly outdid a tired Man City team. I agree that he's running out of chances to pull the right levers but I'm not ready to send Nige packing before the transfer window.

It's clear that the club underestimated the amount of talent and experience that needed to be brought in before the season; however, the club and the owners have been good about righting mistakes (see Sven and the spending philosophy during that time). Hopefully some new guys can be acquired but it's going to be a tough fight, with or without Nige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has always been honest to himself and the media, if he believed he was undermined, I can imagine the Pearson not standing for that.

The rest you've written is what we will disagree with.

Burnleys defence is better than ours with Ben Mee and Michael Keane in it. This is more than worrying as they were deemed not good enough in our championship defence. Dyche is getting the best out of them where as Pearson can't organise ours we r conceding pathetic goals game after game.

Burnleys defence is better than ours with Ben Mee and Michael Keane in it. This is more than worrying as they were deemed not good enough in our championship defence. Dyche is getting the best out of them where as Pearson can't organise ours we r conceding pathetic goals game after game.

The piss-taking of Dyche, on here, was as usual premature.

If bloody Burnley stay up and we don't, it will have been one monumental cock-up.

The piss-taking of Dyche, on here, was as usual premature.

If bloody Burnley stay up and we don't, it will have been one monumental cock-up.

Totally agree, mate, the guy has done great. We should look at ourselves, I remember pearsons interview after the Burnley game, it showed the type of person Pearson was, what comes around goes around Pearson

I give up with some of the buffoons on here.he got us promoted get over it.he's having a mare and we are the laughing stock of the premier league.the whipping boys the 3 easy points,but he got us promoted so he can do no wrong.what a pathetic attitude you are not leicester fans you are Pearson fans I can't wait till he does **** off and then you lot can chAnge your team to who ever he goes to next.

I give up with some of the buffoons on here.he got us promoted get over it.he's having a mare and we are the laughing stock of the premier league.the whipping boys the 3 easy points,but he got us promoted so he can do no wrong.what a pathetic attitude you are not leicester fans you are Pearson fans I can't wait till he does **** off and then you lot can chAnge your team to who ever he goes to next.

I saw one poster write that they'd be tempted to follow Pearson's new team if he left, and several others saying they'd prefer to go down with Pearson than stay up with anyone else. I'd agree with you that these people should ask themselves who or what it is that they actually support.

But - very tentatively - I'd prefer Pearson to stay, even if (with the benefit of hindsight) I can see that we would most probably have been better off parting company four or five games ago. And my reason is purely that I think it's in the best interests of the club. So I think it'd be a bit unfair to say that I'm not a Leicester fan! Not that your post was specifically directed at me (or at least I hope it wasn't!)

I saw one poster write that they'd be tempted to follow Pearson's new team if he left, and several others saying they'd prefer to go down with Pearson than stay up with anyone else. I'd agree with you that these people should ask themselves who or what it is that they actually support.

But - very tentatively - I'd prefer Pearson to stay, even if (with the benefit of hindsight) I can see that we would most probably have been better off parting company four or five games ago. And my reason is purely that I think it's in the best interests of the club. So I think it'd be a bit unfair to say that I'm not a Leicester fan! Not that your post was specifically directed at me (or at least I hope it wasn't!)

No I respect that,it's the blind Pearson followers who just don't see any wrong doing or those

Who blame everyone else but Pearson or those as you say who would rather us get relegated with him than stay up without.

No I respect that,it's the blind Pearson followers who just don't see any wrong doing or those

Who blame everyone else but Pearson or those as you say who would rather us get relegated with him than stay up without.

Pearson's definitely made mistakes but it isn't ENTIRELY his fault. Is that not pretty clear?

For me he gets the season. We've absolutely ****ed this season up already and we'll gain nothing from sacking him. Not a single likely alternative appeals to me. Why would Pulis come here? Why would Howe come here? Why would McCarthy come here?

January is a potential get out of jail card. A sacking of the DOF in December hints to me that we're going to gamble and spend a bit under Pearson. This is his biggest ever transfer window, make no mistake.

We deserve to be well behind 17th - but we aren't. Beating the drop is far from impossible. It should be, but it isn't. That, along with the potential to bring in players who could rejuvenate a committed group of players, means we aren't down yet. It's a funny league this year. It's so tight. The gap between 17th and 20th could be the smallest it's ever been.

For me, the damage has already been done. A lot of people who call for him to go are looking back, rather than forward.

I'm not defending him for this run, as it's quite frankly an embarrassment. He's made a lot of errors - namely backing players who haven't performed (though how much of that is down to our poor recruitment?), our utter ineptness at set pieces at both ends (though I think we already look slightly better with Hamer defending them) and downright bizarre substitutions, but there's only so much he can be accounted for. Individual errors from players who he had no real choice but to back cannot be put down to Pearson.

Couldn't agree more...blind loyalty like some sort of weird sect...snap out of it ffs.

We've all got our eyes wide open and see what's happening. Nobody's happy about it - some make more sensible suggestions as to how to approach this bad run of form, others choose to use petty arguments against the manager, without seeing the bigger picture. Somehow reminds me of another, similar period under Pearson not so long ago. Same discussion, same negativity, same "argumentation".

Some fans are so desperate to see us remain in this league that they'd walk over bodies.

I'm going to summise that to all involved at the top level, manager upwards, that there was a fair bit of naivety involved. The euphoria of getting promoted easily invoked a fair bit of back slapping and bravado and the enormity of the task ahead got lost along the way. The sudden influx of cash that promotion bought muddied the waters somewhat.

That is simply down to inexperienced people at the top. It will be a lesson learned.

I do believe this will get turned around but whether that is done in time remains to be seen. As others have said, the performances are not that far away from a draw/ win. It is imperative that we garner 3 points from somewhere before Jan 2nd.

Supporters taking comfort in the fact that we 'haven't been turned over by anyone yet' are in cloud cuckoo land. Teams in this league are very good at shutting up shop and seeing out a game. Something that we are completely incapable of doing. It's happened so often; Man City, West Ham, Liverpool to name a few recent ones. They didn't narrowly beat us, they pretty comfortably saw the games out to collect three points.

All of the problems we have; defensive errors, a back 4 that consists of two players I didn't even think were good enough last season, strikers that don't score, midfielders who don't create or keep the ball for us, a manager who has made some bizarre team selections, a midfielder in Cambiasso who is so head and shoulders above his team mates that most of his passes go to waste. One of the biggest problems for me and probably above all of those I've mentioned is the fact we haven't managed to turn any defeat into at least a draw. We just haven't drawn any games bar Sunderland during this awful run. Had we just picked up even a few draws, the situation would not look so bleak. Like Babylon said, there are problems all over the pitch and when you sort one, another appears. The main problem for me is mentality and confidence. Two things the players need instilled in them by the manager.

I love Pearson and have defended him for years but something needs to drastically change if we have any chance at all of staying up. He HAS to drag these players to the level required, because it's all well and good saying we can add to the squad in Jan. Who's going to come here?

Archived