Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

I found Prague to be a lot less stag do than I thought it would be. We were there World Cup final weekend so dunno if that made a difference of not. Some great clubs and bars, some fit women some nice beer. What more could you want.

It's pricier than an average similar European weekend (poland, hungary, croatia etc) but still cheaper than being at home.

Anyone regularly go to mainland Spain at the end of August/early September? Weather still hot and reliable? Never been away late summer before.

Got a specific 2 weeks period, and Salou seems most affordable option.

Yep it should be fine. Obviously not quite as hot but still very warm, especially in the south. We travelled from the north to the south last year, starting right at the end of August. Rained a little bit when we were right in the north but it was still warm. 

I couldn't recommend the south more, out the way from the English bits, if you can get a decent deal.

Cheers for the replies, we're just looking at going somewhere cheap on the piss for a few days but it seems like places with a cheaper cost of living (Croatia, Hungary etc.) have much more expensive flights

if you can get to Prague on the cheap then the whole weekend/few days will be cheap. When I said "more pricey" than other places I meant like 1.50 a quality pint instead of a quid, it won't break the bank lol.

Think the bigger clubs in Prague charge an entry too, unless you can hook onto a bar crawl or chat up some women.

if you can get to Prague on the cheap then the whole weekend/few days will be cheap. When I said "more pricey" than other places I meant like 1.50 a quality pint instead of a quid, it won't break the bank lol.

Think the bigger clubs in Prague charge an entry too, unless you can hook onto a bar crawl or chat up some women.

£1.50 a pint! That's daylight robbery

Half tempted to start a new thread for historical / nerdy tourism but not entirely sure how much interest it'd get.

Will ask in here for now, has anyone ever been to either Avignon or Syracuse? Or Carcassonne for that matter? I've been to the latter but only as a child.

Half tempted to start a new thread for historical / nerdy tourism but not entirely sure how much interest it'd get.

Will ask in here for now, has anyone ever been to either Avignon or Syracuse? Or Carcassonne for that matter? I've been to the latter but only as a child.

Sicily is great for historical tourism, not only Syracusa but Sergesta, Agrigento etc. Hire a car and fill your boots.

If you're that interested you should go to Turkey as almost every city / town / village is full of both antique and modern historical monuments of incredible importance. I travelled round the Gallipoli area last summer which was brilliant.

Nothing is booked yet, but my best mate wants to go to Japan for his 30th.

I go to Japan regularly for work but really don't understand people who go there for a holiday, it's just not geared up for tourists imo

I go to Japan regularly for work but really don't understand people who go there for a holiday, it's just not geared up for tourists imo

Nerd culture, New Japan Pro Wrestling, shrines, amazing scenery, inns, buildings from a completely isolated culture to our own in medieval times.

I've never been anywhere outside of Europe and North America, so I'm really looking forward to something different.

• 3 weeks later...

ok the great Brussels plan is on hold for a few months

and a few months later we are back. first weekend in june, friday morn to sunday night (provided i can get the friday off work). £46 for flights. tasty. over to you una for all the tips n tings. 

We had 4 nights in Alcudia, Majorca a couple of weeks ago and stayed in the Hotel Ivory Playa http://www.hotelivory.com/en/

It's a 3-star and only cost us £119 for the 4 nights through booking.com

I couldn't fault the place. Only about 50m from the beach and the cleanliness and service we received was second to none.

We'll be going back later in the summer hopefully

Oh man you are gonna love Celtica, if you want any tips let me know bro.

yeah man giz some tips. getting there friday night, debating a trip to brugges saturday afternoon, back to brussels to get on it, then go somewhere to be hungover sunday lunchtime before coming home. 

wanna give us the best bar/pub to drink in in the day/early evening, the best beer to have a lot of and the best place to eat, then the best place to still be at about 5 am? anything else useful too. finners/anyone else who has probably been and is slightly cool feel free to join in x 

yeah man giz some tips. getting there friday night, debating a trip to brugges saturday afternoon, back to brussels to get on it, then go somewhere to be hungover sunday lunchtime before coming home. 

wanna give us the best bar/pub to drink in in the day/early evening, the best beer to have a lot of and the best place to eat, then the best place to still be at about 5 am? anything else useful too. finners/anyone else who has probably been and is slightly cool feel free to join in x 

Right mate in terms of good beer in a sophisticated/slightly hipster setting the best place is Moeder Lambic Fontainas it is very cool and best in the early evening or afternoon. The main place you want to go to is Delirium Cafe (biggest beer list in the world) this place is nuts it closes bout 2 I think but they have shit loads of beers on tap in all different sizes. It is full of people (women) from all over the world and it is great to meet people.

The next place you will go to after this is Celtica that is open till 6am and looks like a cheap Irish pub but upstairs it is a crazy old school club. Their happy hour is till midnight too. 

In terms of eating, Hemgies is right in the centre and is the best burger I have had. If you want cheaper then go to Bia Mara this is a fish/chicken and chips place but it is amazing and close to Celtica. They offer amazing sauces seasonings etc I think it is deffo worth going to.

You need to have a delirium on tap in Cafe Delirium (won best beer in the world) it is the best example of a strong blond beer. Tripel Karmeliet is worth having too, sour beers you will either love or hate. Also if you like cherry then you must have a Kasteel Rouge, amazing stuff they should have it on tap in Delirum.

If you go to Bruges, go to Ribs n Beer if possible!

Edited by Unabomber