Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

15 local phrases? I lived in italy for 4 months and could still just about manage a 'Non parlo italiano'

Bit poor that, I fully expect to be fluent when I go on holiday this year.

Bit poor that, I fully expect to be fluent when I go on holiday this year.

But if you are going to Cornwall then it's not to hard to learn.

It was pretty poor but considering I spent a while learning Spanish thinking I would end up over there I didn't get on top badly lol.

Edited by Bergamo_Fox

But if you are going to Cornwall then it's not to hard to learn.

It was pretty poor but considering I spent a while learning Spanish thinking I would end up over there I didn't get on top badly lol.

Florida actually, but it's the thought that counts :D

I've got GCSE Spanish and thought I'd be able to get by a bit when I went to Rome, it's not as similar as I thought.

Florida actually, but it's the thought that counts :D

I've got GCSE Spanish and thought I'd be able to get by a bit when I went to Rome, it's not as similar as I thought.

No it really isn't, it's a cross between Spanish and French I found. The one thing that helps with Spanish is the grammar as that's pretty similar but that's about it plus the off word is the same.

Considering going away somewhere in December, wanting to just chill out with decent weather and have been looking at Thailand but iv heard very mixed things about it.

us that the American resturant your on about, but like an old American dinner

Yes i believe it was. Beaut steak

Defo would hire a quad out two, going up the mountains on that is something else, or you can go on a quad safari

Yes forgot about the quad bike hire. The views from the mountain tops were amazing.

These places like Ibiza, Magaluf, Zante & Crete are basically like a home from home. Full of Londoners, Geordies and Liverpudlians who think they're cool as they are on their first "friends" holiday. You only go to these places to drink, listen to a a load of noise in some cramped stingy club and to get laid. You can do that here without shelling out as much to do it!

Loved magaluff with the lads, Right good holiday (mental) better then kavos, malia, havnt been Ibiza, can imagine its like magaluff, probally bit more hardcore clubbers! But magaluff fort a lads holiday is quality!!

Yes i believe it was. Beaut steak

Yes forgot about the quad bike hire. The views from the mountain tops were amazing.

Yes getting a quad out there is a must!! I only had a provisional at the time as well!, there is a nice little hotel water park in hisaronu nice and quite, I'm going icmeler this year in Turkey, I'm hoping it's as good Edited by lestajigs

Anyone got any ideas for a weekend away at the end of the March?

Needs to be in the UK and a seaside destination. Will only be staying one night so can't be too far away.

I've done some of the usual places in the east coast, so was looking at somewhere a bit different. Barry in South Wales!?

Needs to be in the UK and a seaside destination. Will only be staying one night so can't be too far away.

I've done some of the usual places in the east coast, so was looking at somewhere a bit different. Barry in South Wales!?

Well that all depends on, with missus or Mates?

Have you tried The Sea Marge in Overstrand on the East Coast. Nice friendly hotel, decent grounds going down to the beach.

Excellent food in the evening, but if you want something different you can get a taxi to Constantia Cottage in East Runton. Great Greek food and the owners get up and start singing etc afterwards. Not for the under 25's. Great little break.

Missus ;)

I really like brixham, Torquay, maybe a bit far for the night though, it's not a sea side place, but have you ever been Stratford the home of Shakespeare. That's a nice place to take the misses, or Ross on Wye. On the Wales border, again not a sea side, but a lovely place to go with missus

Edited by lestajigs

Obviously I haven't been but isn't Ibiza a much better and (slightly) classier experience than Napa, Kavos etc...

Yeah I'd say so, Ibiza has much better clubs, pool parties etc and the girls are a lot fitter out there. But then you get the Geordie shore sort of lads out there with sleeve tattos, snap backs and silly vests.

Magaluf & Kavos is basically just a lads holiday where you can pretty much get away with everything and the girls are a lot easier.

I've been to Ibiza, magaluf, kavos, Zante, Napa and Vegas with my mates and i'd probably say Ayia Napa is my euro holiday. Obviously Vegas just tops everythinh

• Like 1

Yeah I'd say so, Ibiza has much better clubs, pool parties etc and the girls are a lot fitter out there. But then you get the Geordie shore sort of lads out there with sleeve tattos, snap backs and silly vests.

Magaluf & Kavos is basically just a lads holiday where you can pretty much get away with everything and the girls are a lot easier.

I've been to Ibiza, magaluf, kavos, Zante, Napa and Vegas with my mates and i'd probably say Ayia Napa is my euro holiday. Obviously Vegas just tops everythinh

I've only been to Magaluf but exactly this. I can assure the likes of Lamby - Magaluf and Kavos doesn't have anything like Ushuaia 

Edited by RonnieTodger

Off to Dubrovnik in May. Anyone able to help re how much spending money would be about right for a week? We're half-board so only really need to spend on one meal per day.

Also is it possible to go over the border into Bosnia as it looks really close and I'm a bit neurotic about visiting countries I've never been to if I'm really close to them. Looks like you can do a day trip to Montenegro too. Anyone been?

There are buses from Dubrovnik to Mostar, reckon it'd be about 5 hours though. I'm sure there are also buses to Trebinje which is closer and a very attractive town. In terms of just 'popping over' you could probably get a taxi to the border then walk.

There is also a tiny strip of coastline that belongs to Bosnia, the town 's 'Neum', it is basically exactly the same as the coastline above and below it just with a different flag flying. It's about 2 hours north of Dubrovnik, I think.

Edited by bovril

Off to Dubrovnik in May. Anyone able to help re how much spending money would be about right for a week? We're half-board so only really need to spend on one meal per day.

Also is it possible to go over the border into Bosnia as it looks really close and I'm a bit neurotic about visiting countries I've never been to if I'm really close to them. Looks like you can do a day trip to Montenegro too. Anyone been?

It's lovely mate. To eat walk a little way off the main streets and the prices drop massivly. If you can fit it in a trip on tge bus to Split is super scenic and a gorgeous place when you get there.