Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

I've only been to Magaluf but exactly this. I can assure the likes of Lamby - Magaluf and Kavos doesn't have anything like Ushuaia 

The only club in Kavos makes Echoes (Loughborough) look like Ushuaia in comparison lol

Kavos was a dump but still a good laugh with mates

The only club in Kavos makes Echoes (Loughborough) look like Ushuaia in comparison lol

Kavos was a dump but still a good laugh with mates

My mate got wanked off on a podium in Buzz bar when we were in Kavos.

There was a club out there called Atlantis which had a swimming pool as you walked into it. After about 8 head****ers me and a friend chucked 4 lads dressed as Bananas into it.

My mate got wanked off on a podium in Buzz bar when we were in Kavos.

There was a club out there called Atlantis which had a swimming pool as you walked into it. After about 8 head****ers me and a friend chucked 4 lads dressed as Bananas into it.

I liked the Haribo head****ers from JC's Bar and the club I was referring to was called Venue. This is from 2011 though

Think i'm going to book to go to the Belgian Beer 5Weekend in Brussels in September.

start slowly, and beware some great beers creep upon you.Tiger, or any trappist (monastery) beers very strong.

Prefer this to octoberfest. A few good stalls , best chips in the world, with great choice of sauces, also many other tasties

you can swill down.Belgian beers belong to the strongest, no warning...A few years ago invited 4 friends,1 was too macho

within 1/2 hr 4 drinks he didnt listen, not long after, he was too far gone, ruined his own evening and night.Still on his legs

but couldnt drink for awhile during the night, only coke.

Gives me an idea, I havent been for a few years, could go with my to be Son in law, and son.

nothing set in stone yet - maybe going from Germany to Italy via Austria, Slovenia and Croatia but very much open to recommendations.

How long did you tend to spend in each place?

Sorry for delay , only just picked up on your post.

Have you seen or been on website. www.seat61.com perpetrated from 'The man in seat61'

With his suggestions and cross reading, great tours for cheap way to get around, or even some luxury trips, with interactive maps.

Where to save money and giving tips on the competing companies.

Though I have travelled using budget travel in many countries, doing my own organisation,I will be honest , seat61 I have not used it myself yet ( early retirement, but walking disabilties) My brother in law though used it for

Russia ' grand siberian express with stopovers into china .Then another time around the countries vietnam and Thailand.

Edited by fuchsntf

Looks like I'm going to Canada in May now.

Means I miss the Newcastle, Southampton and Sunderland games but I can't pass up this opportunity

My girlfriends brother lives over there and her mum has offered to pay for her flights, so we can both have a 2 week holiday in Canada with free accommodation for 500 quid!

There are buses from Dubrovnik to Mostar, reckon it'd be about 5 hours though. I'm sure there are also buses to Trebinje which is closer and a very attractive town. In terms of just 'popping over' you could probably get a taxi to the border then walk.

There is also a tiny strip of coastline that belongs to Bosnia, the town 's 'Neum', it is basically exactly the same as the coastline above and below it just with a different flag flying. It's about 2 hours north of Dubrovnik, I think.

Cheers. Looks like you can take a coach trip to Mostar which is about 2 and a half hours away.

It's lovely mate. To eat walk a little way off the main streets and the prices drop massivly. If you can fit it in a trip on tge bus to Split is super scenic and a gorgeous place when you get there.

Plus Croatian beer Ožujsko is probably the best beer I have tasted along with Fiege.

That's a recommendation I can take to the bank. :D

Giardini Naxos. I will be hiring a car, so I wouldn't mind doing a few day trips, if you have any recommendations?

Nice. Taormina is beautiful obviously. Catania is maybe more interesting. Acireale and Giarre are great towns nearby with excellent sea food. The whole Etna park is great, just drive up and explore. Try and get to the 'Gola di Alcantara' on the north side, a very beautiful canyon. Siracusa is a bit further away but the old town is worth it.

Great food and wine obviously. The tomatoes they grow on the slopes of Mount Etna must have crack injected in them or something they are so good.

I think I'll retire to Sicily.

Nice. Taormina is beautiful obviously. Catania is maybe more interesting. Acireale and Giarre are great towns nearby with excellent sea food. The whole Etna park is great, just drive up and explore. Try and get to the 'Gola di Alcantara' on the north side, a very beautiful canyon. Siracusa is a bit further away but the old town is worth it.

Great food and wine obviously. The tomatoes they grow on the slopes of Mount Etna must have crack injected in them or something they are so good.

I think I'll retire to Sicily.

Etna park was on my radar anyway as I think the lad will love it but gola di alcantara I hadn't heard of and wow, the pictures look amazing. Thanks for that, Im beginning to regret not booking for two weeks looking at this now lol