Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Just booked my flights to Bali for 11 nights for £520 return with Singapore Airlines. Not too bad and seemed the shortest time we could get anyway. 

Been looking at which places to stay and whether we should split it into two parts, or just stay in one hotel base and go from there. Anyone ever been? I'd be going with my girlfriend, so not concerned with crazy night life, long as it isnt bed time for 10. 

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Where in the Caribbean are you?

Oh and Happy Birthday!

Tell your wife I miss her...

Keep up MC ! ...    If you hadn't been lazy and read through a few more posts you would have known we were  (a) in Barbados and (b) it wasn't really my birthday but a ruse to get a good table ...   And a nice chocolate birthday cake on the house !  ...  ?

And Mrs CF says she misses you too !

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

We always used to go to Hunstanton growing up. So I've seen through Kings Lynn quite a few times! No idea what's like otherwise :)

Hunstanton is great ..   Been there so many times ...   When the dogs see the beach they zoom off like a couple of Exocets ...   

We have also been to Blakeney more times than I can remember ...     We used to love touring down the east coast and have great memories of it ...      We must go again !!

2 hours ago, lcfc old boy said:

10 days in vegas cannot wait to watch the sevilla game (away) in a downtown vegas bar 

best place in the world there is a bar in Mandalay Bay (well was 4 years ago) that is ran by a Leicester fan top bloke and incredible bar. 

Also try and find 'secret pizza' in The cosmopolitan best pizza you'll ever eat! 

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Just booked my flights to Bali for 11 nights for £520 return with Singapore Airlines. Not too bad and seemed the shortest time we could get anyway. 

Been looking at which places to stay and whether we should split it into two parts, or just stay in one hotel base and go from there. Anyone ever been? I'd be going with my girlfriend, so not concerned with crazy night life, long as it isnt bed time for 10. 

We went to Bali many years ago as part of our honeymoon. Only stopped there for 4 nights on our way back from NZ so didn't get much chance to explore. All I remember is three legged dogs and beggars on the street when we traveled to the hotel from the airport. The hotels there are wonderful though and we just chilled, but I kinda regret not going out and about exploring the island. You've got the advantage of 11 nights so the best of both worlds. Have a great time - oh, and be careful who you hand your credit/debit card to. We got home and the wife had over £3000 taken from her account!! P.S. we went in August and it was hot as hell from what I remember :cool:

23 hours ago, Strokes said:

Things are good right now, I won't lie.

The wife has a ward sister post, so extra cash. I moved firms and got a relatively modest increase and the sideline business is also ticking over quite nice. We might as well enjoy it, otherwise what's the point?

Brilliant!

I'm made up for you, Strokes. :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

East Runton/Cromer

Probably be in the Weybourne  area 6/7 weekends myself this year.6 miles or so from Runcton.

Really like it there.

Humblebrag in reverse here.My mum had a holiday home in Burnham Market which became a pain in the ass.Couldnt park outside the house and full of arrogant pr!cks,ended up hating the place with a passion.

sold it and she bought a static caravan at a place called Kelling Heath.They all have large plots in a pine forest and I love it.No one too close,plenty of walks and seen a few Leicester fans there before.

Understand you might be busy but we could go crabbing for the day !!!!!!

Probably be in the Weybourne  area 6/7 weekends myself this year.6 miles or so from Runcton.

Really like it there.

Humblebrag in reverse here.My mum had a holiday home in Burnham Market which became a pain in the ass.Couldnt park outside the house and full of arrogant pr!cks,ended up hating the place with a passion.

sold it and she bought a static caravan at a place called Kelling Heath.They all have large plots in a pine forest and I love it.No one too close,plenty of walks and seen a few Leicester fans there before.

Kelling Heath is really really nice.

I'm up for crabbing!! I'll need a break from family
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Really like it there.

I can remember watching the Palace play off final at Kelling Heath as a kid.

I had been by the pool and so went to grab my clothes on 90 minutes, heard the Leicester fans watching screaming as Claridge the beautiful hobo shinned in a wonder goal from 25 yards and dropped my pocket money everywhere. Fuming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Keep up MC ! ...    If you hadn't been lazy and read through a few more posts you would have known we were  (a) in Barbados and (b) it wasn't really my birthday but a ruse to get a good table ...   And a nice chocolate birthday cake on the house !  ...  ?

And Mrs CF says she misses you too !

I don't have time to read ALL your posts Country! 

I've never been to Barbados, I am sure it is lovely! I hope you didn't eat all the chocolate cake, we are still a few weeks into the New Year and I am sure you made a few resolutions like I did... :)

11 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Really like it there.

Burnham Market is horrible now.

Foxestalk crabbing get-together!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Burnham Market is horrible now.

Foxestalk crabbing get-together!

When my parents bought it,it was a case of going to the butchers waiting 30 mins putting the world to rights with villagers and a very slow pace of life,which they enjoyed.Then it all went upmarket and changed.The one good thing that came out of it as you can imagine was the £s they then got for selling it.Absolute ludicrous prices.Avoid at all costs these days.

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

When my parents bought it,it was a case of going to the butchers waiting 30 mins putting the world to rights with villagers and a very slow pace of life,which they enjoyed.Then it all went upmarket and changed.The one good thing that came out of it as you can imagine was the £s they then got for selling it.Absolute ludicrous prices.Avoid at all costs these days.

Hostes Arms has become something like the 7th circle of hell.

2 minutes ago, bovril said:

Hostes Arms has become something like the 7th circle of hell.

Got a few friends giving it" I'm going to the Hoste Arms this weekend" 

Then me slagging the whole place off,the other thing going for it when I was a youth was taking women away for the weekend at my parents gaff.My mates of old used to call it "The shag shack"