Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

On 29/09/2016 at 23:42, cambridgefox said:

Not going until the 16/10 MC,but I have got a note of the restaurants and coffee shops you sent me thanks.

looking forward to the safari too.Never been before and I can imagine it's an amazing experience.

Back yet?! Would love to hear how it went.

Just now, Merging Cultures said:

Back yet?! Would love to hear how it went.

I'm in Mauritius at the moment MC.

Can honestly say CT is one of my favourite cities I've been to.Weather was in our favour.Whale watching in Hermanus,the sea was calm and went up above the village to see if we could see where they were.

Robben Island was fantastic, although you actually feel embarrassed being white and how blacks were treated not too long ago.

Table Mountain, hot and clear.

Bo Kaap good.

Went on the sightseeing buses and various stops.

Safari at Marataba.Just wow.Got some amazing pictures.Really spoilt our guide was so passionate.So much so that we were just about to go back when a leopard was spotted.We got back so late everyone had gone to bed!

Really needed this week to lay in and relax .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Can honestly say CT is one of my favourite cities I've been to.Weather was in our favour.Whale watching in Hermanus,the sea was calm and went up above the village to see if we could see where they were.

Robben Island was fantastic, although you actually feel embarrassed being white and how blacks were treated not too long ago.

Bo Kaap good.

Safari at Marataba.Just wow.Got some amazing pictures.Really spoilt our guide was so passionate.So much so that we were just about to go back when a leopard was spotted.We got back so late everyone had gone to bed!

Glad you enjoyed it!! It really is an amazing city! Enjoy the beach!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Riviera Maya. Will probably do a couple of trips out of the resort. Been told I need to go to Coco Bongos?

Coco Bongos is full on but a great night if you don't mind massive crowds, id advise paying a bit more for vip table/bottle service as it guarantees you a seat and table upstairs with drinks on tap which is well worth the extra cash as downstairs you will see hundreds of people packed like sardines waiting for about an hour to get served.

We stayed at the Hotel Riu Palace and it was stunning, safe area, stunning beaches and even with a couple of days of the seaweed problem that is affecting the whole of the Caribbean lately all hotel workers are up at the crack of dawn to clear it.

4 hours ago, isaidno said:

Riviera Maya. Will probably do a couple of trips out of the resort. Been told I need to go to Coco Bongos?

If you are are going anytime ca june-sept...  Whaleshark tours is worth checking out...Islas holbox.

One can swim with them...or stay in the boat.

Also Your given area down to Belize, is the 2nd so called Barrier reef.Nice snorkelling, with some angry

hungry sharks...or Find Nemo...:cool:

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Trying desperately to find somewhere to take two toddlers who like doing stuff, a lot of stuff.

Nightmate finding somewhere not too far away, not too hot, with plenty to do, I'm gonna end up at Butlins lol 

Centre Parcs? Was always a winner when our two were toddlers :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Trying desperately to find somewhere to take two toddlers who like doing stuff, a lot of stuff.

Nightmate finding somewhere not too far away, not too hot, with plenty to do, I'm gonna end up at Butlins lol 

Centre parcs is brilliant for young kids. My two prefer it to a sunshine break.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 19:20, cambridgefox said:

Bo Kaap good.

Where abouts in Mauritius are you? stunning place.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Sugar Beach Resort in Flic en Flac on the West coast.

Really enjoying it.Last night tonight,on what has been a fantastic holiday from start to finish.

Nice, I went to Balaclava last December and loved it. 

Not much to do in agadir itself, you can go up the mountain which overlooks the town, go to the markets, we did a camel ride. There were excursions to other places like Marrakesh. Where are you staying? To be honest our resort was all inclusive, lots of entertainment, good pool so didn't venture out an awful lot. 

1 hour ago, matty2702 said:

Not much to do in agadir itself, you can go up the mountain which overlooks the town, go to the markets, we did a camel ride. There were excursions to other places like Marrakesh. Where are you staying? To be honest our resort was all inclusive, lots of entertainment, good pool so didn't venture out an awful lot. 

Yeah we're all inclusive too so not too bothered. Staying at the Riu Tikida Dunas, looks really nice. Taking our little girl for her first holiday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking for advice for a one-week trip over Christmas/New Year's Eve.

Requirements: Shouldn't be too far off (maximum 4-hour flight from central Europe), in a safe environment, relatively cheap and lead to a sunny and warm location where you can still go swimming in the ocean.

Everywhere I've looked so far, the Mediterranean offers about maximum 20 degrees Centigrade, the gf doesn't like Northern Africa (no Morocco, no Tunisia, let alone Algeria), Cyprus or Turkey (Greece only if need be), Azores are too mild.

Malta was an option, I guess. That and the Canary Islands. Anyone got recommendations for Madeira, by any chance?

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Looking for advice for a one-week trip over Christmas/New Year's Eve.

Requirements: Shouldn't be too far off (maximum 4-hour flight from central Europe), in a safe environment, relatively cheap and lead to a sunny and warm location where you can still go swimming in the ocean.

Everywhere I've looked so far, the Mediterranean offers about maximum 20 degrees Centigrade, the gf doesn't like Northern Africa (no Morocco, no Tunisia, let alone Algeria), Cyprus or Turkey (Greece only if need be), Azores are too mild.

Malta was an option, I guess. That and the Canary Islands. Anyone got recommendations for Madeira, by any chance?

Fly to Athens then drive down to Peloponnese or hop on a boat to one of the Cyclades.