Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Times are hard this last 18 months with my wedding coming up in a couple of weeks, but we've just booked a mini-break straight after the wedding (or a minimoon, as women apparently call them), 4 nights in a log cabin in Cheddar.

It's not the fortnight in Mexico we hoped for as a honeymoon, but we'll get there some day!!

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 03:41, RobHawk said:

Well, we chose mexico because t was the same price as the canary islands, with better standards of hotels and better weather. Really just need a break in the sun, so don't plan to do much, especially with our 5 month old. I'll ending ready a dozen books to keep me occupied, alog with the food and drink and other activities. 

No you wont!!

• Like 2

Got back from Cape Town on Monday. It really is a fantastic City. Over the last 19 years, I've probably spent more time there in than Leicester!

My Dad and his wife were able to come down to Zambia and then Cape Town, it was really nice spending time with him. The children have been crying that they miss him. Really pulls at the heartstrings but still no plans to return to the UK!!

On 1/4/2017 at 17:36, kingcarr21 said:

Ive got Seville in Feb, Tenerife in June, Egypt in July and Turkey in October. My passport is getting rinsed this year

So jealous of you guys and your easy access to the world. 

Egypt is my favorite holiday ever i think.

Just now, Buce said:

Any time you fancy a swap, Oz..

lol to be fair... we came back in 10-11 with the intent of 5-10 years.. lasted 18 months!

But.. damn trips to egypt, spain, ireland, bruge italy, .... could never have done it from here... its a 20 hour flight to almost anywhere excluding the asian islands.

you are welcome here f your ever looking for a place on the edge of the desert in Oz matei

Can anyone recommend a nice location in Europe that is drivable to for a summer holiday? Thinking France probably but not sure where abouts to look. Long story short I will have to drive as one of my dogs can't go to kennels so he's coming on a road trip.

Driving me insane just looking for villas rather than finding an area and then looking.

Looking to stay in a friends apartment in Koh Samui later on in the year, but we're thinking of going to visit Vietnam for a few days whilst we're over that way. Anyone got any pointers on best area to visit (only be over for 4 or 5 days) in Vietnam?

Getting from Koh Samui to Vietnam looks to be a bit of a pain in the arse though..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Can anyone recommend a nice location in Europe that is drivable to for a summer holiday? Thinking France probably but not sure where abouts to look. Long story short I will have to drive as one of my dogs can't go to kennels so he's coming on a road trip.

Driving me insane just looking for villas rather than finding an area and then looking.

Isn't it six months in quarantine when you bring a dog back from abroad?

My nephew is currently in North China, at the Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival.   Has been sending some absolutely incredible photos, of towns, palaces, trains, mazes, all made of ice.

Temperature is minus 20, though!

13 minutes ago, Mayofox said:

My nephew is currently in North China, at the Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival.   Has been sending some absolutely incredible photos, of towns, palaces, trains, mazes, all made of ice.

Temperature is minus 20, though!

It makes you wonder why they don't have ice festivals in warmer temperatures really doesn't it.

• Like 1

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 13:34, Costock_Fox said:

Italian lakes are doable in a day. Some fantastic spots down there.