Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I don't have time to read ALL your posts Country! 

I've never been to Barbados, I am sure it is lovely! I hope you didn't eat all the chocolate cake, we are still a few weeks into the New Year and I am sure you made a few resolutions like I did... :)

Most of the cake I'm afraid ...   Comfort eating  ...      Had the lurgy for about a month now and thought the sea air might shift it but sadly not ...   Lungs rattling now every time I breathe ...    Mild form of bubonic plague I reckon ...    Will continue to try and drown it with copious amounts of local brew.     

On 1/6/2017 at 10:14, Dr The Singh said:

Booked to Ibiza in august with the family.

Me and Mrs going Toronto and Seattle in feb

Cant go wrong with a bit of Seatle. Best steak i ever tasted was just outside of Seattle...

Although in Feb you can expect to freeze your gonads off. Space needle will probably provide some nice views and make sure you visit the pike place market and duck when they start throwing the salmon around... The first ever and original starbucks is right opposite there too...

Edited by MPH

4 hours ago, MPH said:

Cant go wrong with a bit of Seatle. Best steak i ever tasted was just outside of Seattle...

Although in Feb you can expect to freeze your gonads off. Space needle will probably provide some nice views and make sure you visit the pike place market and duck when they start throwing the salmon around... The first ever and original starbucks is right opposite there too...

Cheers for the insight.  My gonads rarely produce anything as there always full, so being cold isnt going to make any differenc.  I'm hoping it snows!!

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

Booked lanzerote for my boys first birthday at the end of this year. Not looking forward to flight with a 1 year old and a 2 year old. 

Dose them both up with Calpol at the departure lounge so it knocks them out for the flight. Not the best parenting advice, but it worked for us when ours were that young :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 9 January 2017 at 17:11, Countryfox said:

Keep up MC ! ...    If you hadn't been lazy and read through a few more posts you would have known we were  (a) in Barbados and (b) it wasn't really my birthday but a ruse to get a good table ...   And a nice chocolate birthday cake on the house !  ...  ?

And Mrs CF says she misses you too !

My birthday YET AGAIN !!  ...    And another good table by the sea ! ....    Even had a personalised menu !!  :)

image.jpeg

Disneyland Paris in late March, then Great Yarmouth early june followed by Benidorm in the last week of July. 

I also want to go back to Alcudia for 10 nights at the beginning of July with my 3 year old lad but the hotel we usually stay at has turned into an adults only hotel -.- 

So hopefully we can find a hotel that has lots on for children and is close to the beach! 

On 13/01/2017 at 02:24, Countryfox said:

My birthday YET AGAIN !!  ...    And another good table by the sea ! ....    Even had a personalised menu !!  :)

image.jpeg

If you keep boasting about getting freebies because you blag that it's your bday then I am going to hack your account and ask the mods to remove the O and R from your name.

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

If you keep boasting about getting freebies because you blag that it's your bday then I am going to hack your account and ask the mods to remove the O and R from your name.

Well that told me !!  The only reason I mentioned it was to pass on a few tips to @strokes who said he might be coming here for a holiday .....   But you'll be glad to know Costock that last night at the Lobster Pot was my last 'birthday' which actually wasn't required as the place was empty ...   The waitress said it was cus there was a race meet on and everyone who usually comes had gone to that ....    More like its cus the food was sh1te ! ....    as I said to Mrs CF when we left.      Last meal tonight then it will be time to dig out the fur lined underpants and come back home to Blighty.      :(

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Well that told me !!  The only reason I mentioned it was to pass on a few tips to @strokes who said he might be coming here for a holiday .....   But you'll be glad to know Costock that last night at the Lobster Pot was my last 'birthday' which actually wasn't required as the place was empty ...   The waitress said it was cus there was a race meet on and everyone who usually comes had gone to that ....    More like its cus the food was sh1te ! ....    as I said to Mrs CF when we left.      Last meal tonight then it will be time to dig out the fur lined underpants and come back home to Blighty.      :(

Haha just messing mate.

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 23:47, BrokenRecord said:

Anyone recommend Valencia? Planning on doing 5 nights there in the Summer with my partner, so I was just wondering if anyone's been/is it a good destination.

Thanks!

It's a great city. Probably best to stay centrally in El Carmen if it's your 1st time, some great value apartments through air b&b or similar company's.

Bars and restaurants are literally everywhere and the main square is really nice, but the back streets around there are better value and less touristy. If you fancy going a bit more local go to Ruzafa ( or Russafa ). It's about 7/8 minutes walk from the train station, it's a lively and really local. They call it 'soho de Valencia' but not as pretentious. The weekend's are especially good with all sorts of bars and better value than the center. 

The beach is about an hour's walk but about 10 minutes on the metro or the bus. It's a proper beach that goes on and on and even in the summer you're not packed in like sardines.  

Add to that the beautiful architecture, the dry riverbed and the fantastic climate you can't go wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Just booked Tenerife with the Mrs for a week in June. Fly out on my birthday. 

Never been, staying in Puerto De La Cruz as it was very cheap and looked quite nice. Anyone ever been and can make some recommendations? 

It's on the north side of the island and tends to be a bit cloudy. Nice town though. The busses are very cheap there if you want to explore a bit.

10 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Just booked Tenerife with the Mrs for a week in June. Fly out on my birthday. 

Never been, staying in Puerto De La Cruz as it was very cheap and looked quite nice. Anyone ever been and can make some recommendations? 

There's a cracking botanic gardens in Peurto, if plants float your boat.

Plenty of good walking a short bus ride away.

Anyone taken a 6 month old on a holiday abroad? Always try and get away in the summer but we've just had a baby and we are hoping to go away in June. Is it more hassle than its worth?

Not looking at anywhere too far, we know Salou pretty well so will probably go there and will probably only do a week.

21 hours ago, The soup nazi said:

It's a great city. Probably best to stay centrally in El Carmen if it's your 1st time, some great value apartments through air b&b or similar company's.

Bars and restaurants are literally everywhere and the main square is really nice, but the back streets around there are better value and less touristy. If you fancy going a bit more local go to Ruzafa ( or Russafa ). It's about 7/8 minutes walk from the train station, it's a lively and really local. They call it 'soho de Valencia' but not as pretentious. The weekend's are especially good with all sorts of bars and better value than the center. 

The beach is about an hour's walk but about 10 minutes on the metro or the bus. It's a proper beach that goes on and on and even in the summer you're not packed in like sardines.  

Add to that the beautiful architecture, the dry riverbed and the fantastic climate you can't go wrong. 

Thanks for your informative answer! Sounding awesome already :)

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Anyone taken a 6 month old on a holiday abroad? Always try and get away in the summer but we've just had a baby and we are hoping to go away in June. Is it more hassle than its worth?

Not looking at anywhere too far, we know Salou pretty well so will probably go there and will probably only do a week.

Yeah, we took our eldest to Mallorca when she was about 6 months old. My memory is that it wasn't much of a 'holiday' for me and the wife! We went in August I think and it was very hot so a constant battle keeping the kid cool and in the shade. Then at night she was up crying and we didn't get much kip, so we were just as knackered as we were at home really. Nice idea at the time but looking back it was probably more hassle than it was worth. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but that was our experience! 

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, we took our eldest to Mallorca when she was about 6 months old. My memory is that it wasn't much of a 'holiday' for me and the wife! We went in August I think and it was very hot so a constant battle keeping the kid cool and in the shade. Then at night she was up crying and we didn't get much kip, so we were just as knackered as we were at home really. Nice idea at the time but looking back it was probably more hassle than it was worth. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but that was our experience! 

Yeah that is my fear, hopefully mainland Spain in June might be a bit more manageable temperature wise. 

Might have to get the grandparents to come along for some baby sitting duties lol 

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah that is my fear, hopefully mainland Spain in June might be a bit more manageable temperature wise. 

Might have to get the grandparents to come along for some baby sitting duties lol 

Do it.

We took the mother in law on our 1st 3 holidays maybe even 4 abroad. Our youngest was 9 months the 1st time. An extra pair of hands and eyes is great.

Gave us a bit of time to ourselves as she was able to take the kids upto the room etc. 

• Like 1