Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thommo

Has Anyone Booked a Holiday Yet?

Easter: Camping on the border with Zimbabwe

Summer: UK for two weeks. A few days in Norfolk with my Mum, long weekend in Leicester to see the extended family, and a week somewhere else with my sister and Mum. Not decided where yet.

Christmas: Jamaica for three weeks. We'll spend a week in the countryside with the wife's family. And the other two weeks at the beach.

Edited by Merging Cultures

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Quarteira Alex. Seaside resort about  30 mins from Faro

Nice. Don't know that part of the country yet. More so Lisbon, as well as the Alentejo and Centro region.

Enjoy it down there - will likely be smothering hot already in April!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Strokes said:

Benidorm and Rhodes in the summer, thinking centre parcs in October and might push the boat out and do Barbados over Christmas 2017. 

Someone's doing well out of Brexit..

8 hours ago, bovril said:

I really want to do a long hike this summer. Was thinking the Lycian way in Turkey but political situation (and weather) puts me off a bit. Has anyone done any long distance routes they could recommend?

What sort of distance/time period are you thinking?

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Someone's doing well out of Brexit..

Things are good right now, I won't lie.

The wife has a ward sister post, so extra cash. I moved firms and got a relatively modest increase and the sideline business is also ticking over quite nice. We might as well enjoy it, otherwise what's the point?

9 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Dont mind the cold, I hope it snows, I love snow

You can take the snow then haha. When you've lived with it for 30 plus years its no longer fun but a major ball busting w@nker.

Snow should only happen in xmas day and thts it lol.

Enjoy vancouver. Was there in november on business trip and stayed right down by the Olympic cauldron area. Very nice city  and scenic surrounding  area. Torontos better city wise though.

15 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Easter: Camping on the border with Zimbabwe

Summer: UK for two weeks. A few days in Norfolk with my Mum, long weekend in Leicester to see the extended family, and a week somewhere else with my sister and Mum. Not decided where yet.

Christmas: Jamaica for three weeks. We'll spend a week in the countryside with the wife's family. And the other two weeks at the beach.

Where in Norfolk?

Edited by bovril

On 7 January 2017 at 21:45, Strokes said:

and do Barbados over Christmas 2017. 

If you do go there make sure you have a meal at The Cliff ....   One of my favourite restaurants in the world.  Book early and tell them its your wedding anniversary or whatever which guarantees a table on the rail looking down to the sea (floodlit so you can see the Barracudas and Rays circling) ....    Got to go now it's my 'birthday' and we've got a table booked there in 2 hours ...   :)

A nice break over Easter booked in Costa Adeje in Tenerife, never been before and looking forward to heading to Siam water park which is supposed to be decent.

Then its either Orlando or Vegas end of Aug / early Sept which isn't an ideal time for either but its the only time we have off. Have heard it'll be much hotter in Vegas at that time but the humidity will be much worse in Florida?

2 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

A nice break over Easter booked in Costa Adeje in Tenerife, never been before and looking forward to heading to Siam water park which is supposed to be decent.

Then its either Orlando or Vegas end of Aug / early Sept which isn't an ideal time for either but its the only time we have off. Have heard it'll be much hotter in Vegas at that time but the humidity will be much worse in Florida?

Siam Park is trhe best water park ive been to absolutely class if you like that kind of thing.

Vegas will be high 30's if not hotter with no humidity really. Not sure about Florida but i went in July once and the humidity was ridiclous then.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Countryfox said:

If you do go there make sure you have a meal at The Cliff ....   One of my favourite restaurants in the world.  Book early and tell them its your wedding anniversary or whatever which guarantees a table on the rail looking down to the sea (floodlit so you can see the Barracudas and Rays circling) ....    Got to go now it's my 'birthday' and we've got a table booked there in 2 hours ...   :)

Nice table on the edge for the 'birthday' boy ! ....  

image.jpeg

• Like 1