Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Spurs (a) FA Cup

it is sometimes a frustrating system but there will be winners and losers in any "priority" scenario and there will always be "hard luck" stories. 

long distance fans miss out in the main because unless you're crazy you don't have a season ticket, but you still go to 10 aways a season or so in the championship, then all of a sudden someone who has never been away before "steals" your united away ticket you've been waiting ten years for. but that's how it goes, gotta live and let die. or beg for a reference from the kind folk on here. 

it is sometimes a frustrating system but there will be winners and losers in any "priority" scenario and there will always be "hard luck" stories.

long distance fans miss out in the main because unless you're crazy you don't have a season ticket, but you still go to 10 aways a season or so in the championship, then all of a sudden someone who has never been away before "steals" your united away ticket you've been waiting ten years for. but that's how it goes, gotta live and let die. or beg for a reference from the kind folk on here.

Thats exactly my situation.

I have a friend who had a season ticket but lived in Switzerland so distance isn't a great excuse. I've hardly missed a game in almost 20 years but gave my old Trafford ticket away because I can't stand the tourists that will be there from both sides.

I have a friend who had a season ticket but lived in Switzerland so distance isn't a great excuse. I've hardly missed a game in almost 20 years but gave my old Trafford ticket away because I can't stand the tourists that will be there from both sides.

i have a season ticket, i wasn't using distance "as an excuse". i can, however, sympathise with long distance fans who don't have season tickets due to things like work and or lack of available travel/expenses. i'm sure there's very few people who live far away who don't have a season ticket out of choice.

but for ten years that type of fan has enjoyed numerous aways a season at places like yeovil, doncaster, carlisle, portsmouth etc etc, but now they still can't get a season ticket due to travel/work/distance, but are having their away tickets taken from them by people who haven't shown any interest in travelling any further than nottingham in the past, just because we've made it. 

to me that seems unfair, but that's the system so what are we gonna do? nothing we can do, i'm afraid. it is seemingly a content enough situation for most fans so the club are doing it right enough, just a shame i happen to be one who's "hard done by". 

But why does it take several days to get to Members and then general sale - for a short notice cup tie - by which time you can't get the tickets if you don't live in Leicester? I'm not objecting to STH's going first, but back in the day (says the old man) they got sale on day one, Members day two, the rest day three. Why precisely do we need five days for Season Ticket Holders?

But why does it take several days to get to Members and then general sale - for a short notice cup tie - by which time you can't get the tickets if you don't live in Leicester? I'm not objecting to STH's going first, but back in the day (says the old man) they got sale on day one, Members day two, the rest day three. Why precisely do we need five days for Season Ticket Holders?

Should people who go to the majority of games have to wait with the casual fan to buy tickets?

Just got my ticket and going on the Ausden Clarke bus from the Local Hero....first time i've been on this....is it ok to park on their car park?I would have drived,but parking round there looks bad and for a tenner each way it's less in petrol money!

For those travelling by train (and apologies if this has already been posted), I've just noticed that the Hammersmith & City, Circle and Metropolitan lines are all out of action next weekend. That's a real pain. Link:

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/forms/12392.aspx

Probably not that much of an issue for anyone coming from outside of London. You wouldn't use any of them if you come into Euston/St Pancras, and if you come into Paddington it's quicker to Bakerloo to Oxford and get on Victoria there rather than using Met/Circle/H&C anyway. Any other mainline stations and you're fine.

Anyway, I'd be all over this if it wasn't my girlfriend's birthday. It's the closest game for me after Arsenal. BAD TIMING.

Totally ridiculous way of selling which will mean a fair number of supporters are faced with either not going or going in the home end. 

I agree.

I did email the club today and they said that if you ring them on Friday and explain you live away they will let you buy a ticket and have it sent to spurs.

I do agree though. How non season ticket holders get penalised for cup games is beyond me.

I agree wholeheartedly that season ticket holders have concessions for league games but FA rules should not allow this to happen for FA cup games.

It should be a free for all. It will only encourage away fans in home ends.

Archived