Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

the kop

I sit in SK1, I sing and my 11 year old daughter sings. So don't be tarring everyone with the same brush.

It quite clearly isn't everyone, but lets not pretend it isn't a good 80%

The supposed designated (arguable) singing stand and about 80% of it stays silent all game. What the ****.

It quite clearly isn't everyone, but lets not pretend it isn't a good 80%

The supposed designated (arguable) singing stand and about 80% of it stays silent all game. What the ****.

Just opposing the point that was said earlier that 'kids aren't going to sing' when some clearly do.

Seating has killed the atmosphere at games, when we're 'allowed' to stand at away games we do make more noise. If you're sitting down, it's more of an effort to sing. If you're sitting watching a shit game like yesterday, it's even harder to muster up the effort to sing, particularly if you're sitting down.

Didn't see this group else wouldn't of created the 'Home Crowd' group. This is my point. Disgusted with our home crowd this season. Worst fans in the country at home. Best Away. Not getting behind the team in the so called KOP where my ticket is. Creating little atmosphere to get behind the lads when they need us most. Fed up of having people sat around turning up each game booing waiting for the inevitable which is relegation. Why can we not be united as a club and get behind Pearson and the team and create am atmosphere at home which makes it intimidating for away teams. We will go down with our home form. Where has our KOP gone...?!?!?!?!?!

It was worse than usual yesterday. Anyone else see the bloke near the front of SK1 stand up and try to start a chant at the back of the stand, only to be told to sit down by a steward?

Was that the drunk guy?

Yeah looked like he was arguing at first but then just started singing. Says a lot when somebody trying to up the atmosphere gets told to shut up.

I think after that, the back of SK1 were singing to him to start a song. I saw the stewards over there talking to him, I think they need to chill a bit. It's not a wake (although it feels like one sometimes)

Just opposing the point that was said earlier that 'kids aren't going to sing' when some clearly do.

Seating has killed the atmosphere at games, when we're 'allowed' to stand at away games we do make more noise. If you're sitting down, it's more of an effort to sing. If you're sitting watching a shit game like yesterday, it's even harder to muster up the effort to sing, particularly if you're sitting down.

Yeah I agree but I think kids are often mis-informed. I don't think kids actually want silent grounds. The impetus is on the older fans to make an atmosphere worth joining in to and too often it doesn't happen.

Where does this stereotype come from? Seriously, the average age of the standers at the back of SK1 has to be 25 at least. Mentioning no names there are some people that significantly bump the average up :P

Might be wrong on this but I thought Countesthorpe Fox was one of said 'kids'? lol

There's a family that stands in front of me in SK1 on row II. They have a couple of kids who seem to absolutely love the atmosphere and are always joining in! Absolutely love to see that. I was initially hooked by the atmosphere when I went to my first game (and Scowcrofts last minute winner). I'm sure that most kids would absolutely love to be involved with a great atmosphere if they could be.

Archived