Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

We have actually over the last few games, since Hull, become hard to beat. Liverpool got two of the worst penalty decisions ever, Villa couldn't even get into our half, and we matched Stoke the whole game I thought but they had that one moment of quality. We dominated Newcastle in the cup, couldn't get close to us, Spurs was an even game but we showed real resilience and determination to come back and win.

Just in this month alone we have showed all that is needed to survive, question becomes if we can maintain this form. Real chance of beating whoever is put in front of us with these qualities. Hull, QPR and Villa seem to be in freefall, and we should be looking to take advantage. 

Unfortunately I'll be in the home end.....going to struggle to stay quiet for 90 mins!

The game may not even go ahead...Manchester is covered in snow this morning. Airport, Schools etc all closed! Need it to stop snowing pronto!

The closer we get to the game, the more I actually think we have a real chance here. We shouldn't get a result but they aren't anything special right now. I'd go with

Hamer

Simpson

Wes

Was

De Laet

Drinkwater

Hammond

Albrighton

Kramaric/Nugent

Schlupp

Ulloa

Subs: Schwarzer, Konchesky, Cambiasso, King, Knockaert, Moore (if fit), Vardy

Where's best to drink pre-match and best way to get to the ground. I know the trams are decent but imagine its packed on match day.

old trafford has it's own train station, no idea whether it's served regularly or where from but might be worth looking into. think it's called manchester united football station or something gay 

Unfortunately I'll be in the home end.....going to struggle to stay quiet for 90 mins!

The game may not even go ahead...Manchester is covered in snow this morning. Airport, Schools etc all closed! Need it to stop snowing pronto!

While your in the home end, take some snaps of the away end will yer. 

Where's best to drink pre-match and best way to get to the ground. I know the trams are decent but imagine its packed on match day.

Old Trafford has it's own train station that has reopened now. It's near the away end too. But it'll be full. One of my flatmates is a Hull fan and he said when he went Old Trafford earlier in the season, he left the game earlier to get the train and it was still absolutely packed.

I'm going on the the tram personally. Pretty easy for me getting a bus into town and then jumping on a tram. For those getting into Piccadilly it'll be easier too. Walk down to the City Centre and everything is there. Can get the bus, but I know someone who works at the Trafford Centre on Saturdays and they say the bus gets full (especially with home fans).

To be fair I imagine everywhere is packed on a matchday. It's been a long time since I've been to Old Trafford (obviously) but we're talking about the third biggest City in the Country and a ground that holds 70000+.

As for pubs, there are plenty around Old Trafford itself but be careful if you've got colours on. I don't think that many will even let you in. 

Very excited for Saturday.

It's Manchester. It'll rain between now and then and wash the snow away! Besides it would have to seriously bad weather for Old Trafford to cancel a match.

It's Manchester. It'll rain between now and then and wash the snow away! Besides it would have to seriously bad weather for Old Trafford to cancel a match.

It hasn't snowed that bad here today. I've lived here for three years now and have never seen it snow heavily before. It just usually rains, a lot. (Although I look out the window and it is snowing now lol).

It hasn't snowed that bad here today. I've lived here for three years now and have never seen it snow heavily before. It just usually rains, a lot. (Although I look out the window and it is snowing now lol).

Good. I deal with it as long as it doesn't affect the football. I've noticed the North-West's talent for delivering rainy days since moving from Leicester to Lancaster (Uni). It's snowed like 6 times in the last 3 weeks since the 2nd term started and each time its rained it off around 2 hours later. (I look out the window now and surprise, surprise its pissing it down!).

Hammond is fit ! 

We'll get something out of this. 

Good. He was massively influential in the reverse fixture doing the simple work so well.

Good. I deal with it as long as it doesn't affect the football. I've noticed the North-West's talent for delivering rainy days since moving from Leicester to Lancaster (Uni). It's snowed like 6 times in the last 3 weeks since the 2nd term started and each time its rained it off around 2 hours later. (I look out the window now and surprise, surprise its pissing it down!)

I'm at Lancaster as well! What course do you do?

I'm at Lancaster as well! What course do you do?

Good. I deal with it as long as it doesn't affect the football. I've noticed the North-West's talent for delivering rainy days since moving from Leicester to Lancaster (Uni). It's snowed like 6 times in the last 3 weeks since the 2nd term started and each time its rained it off around 2 hours later. (I look out the window now and surprise, surprise its pissing it down!).

Good. He was massively influential in the reverse fixture doing the simple work so well.

What colleges you in lads? I was in Cartmel 7 years ago (Christ has it been that long...). Can remember a depressing day down in the farmhouse wearing my LCFC top watching the lads away at Scunthorpe on the big screen where Kisnorbo had a goal disallowed and Hume got sent off. The usual guff of that relegation season where we played with about 5 right-backs - think it finished 0-0. We've come a long way since then!

I can remember the same weekend last year when we we're away to Bournemouth there was huge concern on here for that game to be on, the weather that weekend was so bad! However United have got under soil heating and all that, so I think it's extremely unlikely the game will be under threat. 

Speaking of United anyone seen this news article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2930111/Man-United-tell-season-ticket-holders-splash-50-Cambridge-FA-Cup-replay-banned-Sunderland-game.html

Archived