Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

There is no doubt about it, these are gonna whant revenge, 4.0, this will be our heaviest loss of the season

There defense is sloppy.....can see us popping a couple in. If our defense hangs in there, then we have a chance even away at OT

A reasoned and articulate reply, but I'm sorry...I just really disagree with you.

I was at the game on Saturday and both King and Drinkwater were dreadful. I know Spurs' system gave them a lot to do but they were way off the pace of the game, provided zero momentum in attack and barely (if ever) took the ball off the opposition. In fact, I can't remember either of them winning a tackle in the first half.

The trouble is, they have similar strengths (short passing, shooting) and similar weaknesses (inability to win headers in midfield, lack of pace, tackling) - which, when combined, leave us lacking in the midfield.

It's not too much to expect from centre midfielders in the Premier League that they should be able to win the ball without getting horribly out of position.

You mention that we were "not too dominated in the second half"...should this really be seen as a success? And what about the first half? You can't ignore that simply because it doesn't fit your argument. We were barely in the game for long periods, and Spurs had 65% possession.

For me, neither King nor Drinkwater has stepped up this season. I'm not saying you've done this - but it seems to me that those on this forum who defend them generally seem to do so out of a sense of nostalgia for their preformances in the Championship, when it's so obvious from our performances (and our position in the league) that they just aren't as good as some on here think they are.

I think King has had a decent season and for the most part has stepped up to the plate when we've needed him, obviously the first four or five games being a case in point.

King is probably my favourite Leicester player ever - I have stood up for him countless times and ordinarily have very little time for the "invisible man" comments, but on Saturday he was totally ineffectual, as was Drinkwater, whose weakness in a challenge with Lamela (for goodness sake) directly led to the Spurs goal.

The centre midfield struggled for most of the game, they were overrun and bullied, Drinkwater couldn't hold off Lamela before the penalty.

Towards the end they managed to dictate things a bit more and Drinkwater got forward and influenced play. King has had a good season so far but wasn't good enough on Saturday. We missed James and Hammond.

...........Hamer...............

..RDL...Wasyl..Morgan...Konchesky

.............Cambiasso Hammond..................

..Albrighton................................Schlupp.....

........................Kramaric............................:

...........................Ulloa.............................

Maybe, but I still wouldn't swap it for the world. My wife had some friends round, and apparently the story of my screaming "Fvck, yes, fvck, YES, FUUUUUUURKKKKKK YEESSSSSSSSSSS" while I danced in front of the telly is still talked about in this part of France.

Me neither. Would it be far to say it was game of the century for this club? It's hands down the best I've been to.

Think it depends on our line up and which tactic we choose. I think if we don't show them too much in respect from the offset, we could surprise them.Maybe knick a win or at least a deserved draw. If we sit back and allow them a lot of ball and try to counter. They will pick us apart and probably win 2 to 3 - 1 I believe. Would love to see us try to rush them from the get go and see if it rattles them . Would be interesting to see what happens.

Tbf even in the 5-3 overall United were the better team, and controlled the game for 60+ mins. After that not many can explain how that happened. Never ever seen anyone do what we did to United. If they play well this week then I dont see anything in it for us. But if we press them high as we have seen this week in the cul, the big teams can crumble.

Archived