Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Manchester United Away - Pre-Match Thread

I think if we have a go at them we stand a chance

If we revert to type and just try and cling on for an hour it's a guaranteed 2-0 defeat

I think it's about how we start buddy. Go one nil down early doors, it could easily be 3/4.

We have to shut up shop for at least 30 to give us a chance.

I watched most of the Cambridge Man U game last weekend. I know it's a different competition against lower-league opposition and there will be a different line up tomorrow, but the Man U players did seem a bit slow, and when Cambridge ran at their defence, they didn't seem to like it.

So I hope that we use our speed when we have the ball, rather than either lumping it forwards or trying to pass it across the line. If we play Schlupp and Albrighton on the wings, we have real pace to get round the back, and both Ulloa and Kramaric will really be up for it.

I still think we will be lucky to get anything out of the match, but I think if we try to defend too deep I fear we will get hammered.

I think it's about how we start buddy. Go one nil down early doors, it could easily be 3/4.

Absolutely Col we can't go gung ho straight away but we must at some point take the game to them and have a go, after all they are beatable

Can't sit back for the whole game and hope for a 0-0 for sure

Ok guys, Signing off for the weekend! My brother's train is pulling into St Pancras; time for a few beers.

Early start in the morning: on the 09:20 train out of Euston. 

Fingers crossed for a result tomorrow.

I will let you know what the prawn sandwiches taste like!  :thumbup:

We probably do need half an hour, in which to settle down, but we have to go for it in the last 15 minutes of the first half.

Well, what do I know,  anyway?  lol

I can remember the same weekend last year when we we're away to Bournemouth there was huge concern on here for that game to be on, the weather that weekend was so bad! However United have got under soil heating and all that, so I think it's extremely unlikely the game will be under threat. 

Speaking of United anyone seen this news article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2930111/Man-United-tell-season-ticket-holders-splash-50-Cambridge-FA-Cup-replay-banned-Sunderland-game.html

"Man u fans" should boycott the game. Disgusting

Since 5-3 Manure have played 19 matches, only losing twice (at Man C & at home to Southampton). They are making progress under Van Gall, but it's slow and painstaking. After us they've Burnley & Sunderland at home, so they will be anticipating an easy spell ahead.  If we can play this with confidence, and not just try to shut them out, we could get more than a draw from this.

PS. Was at OT once, having bought a ticket from a Man U fan, main stand, bout 6 rows back. Lineker scored. It's not nice, surrounded by 1000's of Mancs sitting still, as you're the only one leaping and shouting...

Since 5-3 Manure have played 19 matches, only losing twice (at Man C & at home to Southampton) ...  If we can play this with confidence, and not just try to shut them out, we could get more than a draw from this.

You're really selling it.

No no no no no! We have ****ed up so many times this years shutting up shop with a 1-0 lead, against some big teams we have shut up shop at 0-0. Been OK in the FA cup however when we have shut up shop in the prem the pressure we have invited upon ourselves has been overwhelming and ultimately cost us.

Had dinner with a United season ticket holder tonight.

He's delighted that Carrick is injured because, as much as he rates him, United play too slow against the smaller clubs when he starts. He says that Herrera will play and we won't be able to live with them.

Big, big test for the City midfield whoever starts really.

this may sound weird but with united playing a back 3 they always seem to look vunerable against pace down the sides id really be tempted to go for 3-5-2 this game with 2 decent holding midfielders and speed down the flanks and a good link between the cam and the strikers 

-------------------------------------schzwar-----------------------------------

------------moore----------------wes-------------------was-----------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

de laet--------------------------------------------------------------schlupp----

-----------------------cambiasso--------james---------------------------------

----------------------------------nugent-----------------------------------------

----------------------vardy--------------------krameric---------------------------

Archived