Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

14 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Not been on this for a few days. Walked my daughter to her friends yesterday and thought I'll see what's around. Normally it's Drowzee central. I step out the house to find a Paras, Kingler and a Nidorino. All Pokemon I hadn't caught. Nice

I wonder if that is a feature, I got bored and deleted the app a few weeks ago, then reinstalled when I was away in Wales just to see what it was like there, caught quite a few that I hadn't seen before and that continued when I got back home, now after a week or so of playing again I'm back to just getting loads of the usual common ones all the time.

Time and time again my Pokemon on the tracker will vanish within seconds and then come back up without me moving and sometimes Poke stops will completely vanish off my map.

Anybody else getting this problem?

Edited by buzzer_b

8 hours ago, deejdeej said:

All my new pokemon have come from eggs, hatching them just isn't as satisfying though.

What eggs are you getting most luck from?

From 2km eggs I seem to always get Rattata, Magikarp or Zubat

From 5km eggs it's usually Paras, Sandshrew or Shellder

The only 2 or 3 10km eggs I've had have all been Eevee

Think the only new ones I've had from eggs are Ekans*, Voltorb*, Tangela, Charmander, Clefairy* and Geodude*

*Are ones I've since found several of, so aren't that rare

I'm walking 10-15km a day and always have an egg on the go. I also hate the glitch where it says "5.0/5km walked" and then won't hatch for another 0.5km / 10 minutes, whichever takes longer

40 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

What eggs are you getting most luck from?

From 2km eggs I seem to always get Rattata, Magikarp or Zubat

From 5km eggs it's usually Paras, Sandshrew or Shellder

The only 2 or 3 10km eggs I've had have all been Eevee

Think the only new ones I've had from eggs are Ekans*, Voltorb*, Tangela, Charmander, Clefairy* and Geodude*

*Are ones I've since found several of, so aren't that rare

I'm walking 10-15km a day and always have an egg on the go. I also hate the glitch where it says "5.0/5km walked" and then won't hatch for another 0.5km / 10 minutes, whichever takes longer

It will go to 5km on the egg screen, but you can tap on the incubator it will say 4.95, but this rounds up to 5km. I've also noticed since the update that the km tracker is more accurate but updates less frequently.

Another thing I learnt yesterday is if you have a Pokemon in a gym and go to the shop you can claim a defender coin. Now I have one shiny coin only 199 more to go to get a bigger bag.

Saved up all mine and got a load of lucky eggs. Potions are an absolute arse to find now though so anyone with a smaller team wanting to compete in Gyms is gonna have a bad time.

Took ten Gyms lastnight and cashed in all at once, think I ended up leaving a Kangaskhan out somewhere

31 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It will go to 5km on the egg screen, but you can tap on the incubator it will say 4.95, but this rounds up to 5km. I've also noticed since the update that the km tracker is more accurate but updates less frequently.

I've had it a few times in the last week where if you click on it it'll actually say 5.00km / 5km and still won't hatch for at least another few hundred metres. Pain in the arse - once it happened while I had a couple of minutes left on a Lucky Egg and didn't hatch until 30 seconds after, so I lost out on 500XP (I was pretty much jogging for those 2 minutes to try and prompt it as well)

Caught a Graveller yesterday, takes me up to 90 in my Pokedex.

This week, I've seen & caught a Machoke, Mankey & Graveller (never seen any of these on my map before) and also had a Mr Mime & Charmeleon on my map too (but couldn't find them :( )

Theres definitely more random Pokemon spawning now

Most of my good ones have come from 10km eggs which I pick up regularly, been lucky with that I suppose and at the minute my game seems to be glitched in a good way, won't walk anywhere and close my app, reopen it and it's done about 4 km! Kinda defeating the object of the game without even trying to fool it. 

Up to 90 now in the pokedex. Haven't actually caught any new ones for a week or two now though.

Another 5km egg... Goldeen. I already have Goldeen, I already have Seaking. FFS this game just doesn't want to give me any new Pokemon. The only new ones I've had recently was from evolving other ones - haven't found a single new one in about 2 weeks, haven't hatched anything new in that time either

10 hours ago, AndWhat? said:

Thanks, I think I was very off course. As I was only level 10, I'm going to start again. Should only take me a few days to get back to that level and I'll have all my stardust and not be hasty in powering up and evolving.

So I'll get a batch of the same and see which is best. Once I've decided do I power up or go straight to evolve?

9 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Thanks, I think I was very off course. As I was only level 10, I'm going to start again. Should only take me a few days to get back to that level and I'll have all my stardust and not be hasty in powering up and evolving.

So I'll get a batch of the same and see which is best. Once I've decided do I power up or go straight to evolve?

Don't bother powering stuff up until you're like level 20

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, potter3 said:

Don't bother powering stuff up until you're like level 20

I learnt that very early on - caught a few Electabuzz, powered one up to about 200CP then a few hours later caught a 300CP one. Never bothered powering up again!