Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Seahawks :(

One of 31 clubs belonging to pathologically acquisitive billionaire egotists, beaten by the one small-town club owned by its supporters.

The Packers are the club I can get behind with feeling.  They haven't looked as good as their record all year, but I'd love to have a dog in the fight when I host my Super Bowl party this year.

I'm not sure how we were number two seeds as it's not been a brilliant season by any means. We've looked rusty and struggled to see out games for the majority of the season but we're still there and grinding out wins. Last night for three quarters was probably some of the best we've seen this season as we looked decent on both sides of the ball but then had no answer at all when Wilson started running it.

Led for a very nerve wracking ending and now we march on to next week against the 49ers, a team that absolutely destroyed us earlier in the season. I'm always nervous when it comes to Rodgers v Richard Sherman too - he seems to always be able to stop us. Stick him on Adams and we could be relying on the running game a lot more! 

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Patrick Mahomes - guy has cojones.

Very pleased for him and the Chiefs. Get them into the final against the Packers and win it.

First title since 1970 and a revenge for 1967.

I know revenge is a dish best served cold, but 53 years is taking it to the extreme.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

I'm always amazed by just how bad some of the tackling in the NFL looks. 

I'm convinced any NFL team would get murdered by an average Northern Hemisphere rugby defence. 

It's ****ing insane how bad the defence is. 

They reckon defence wins championships and they go nuts dancing if they catch an intercept or push someone over but the fundamental core defensive skills of most nfl players are just objectively bad. 

It's what happens when your emphasis is just entirely on how fast and strong and tall your guys are and not a lot else. 

• Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

I'm convinced any NFL team would get murdered by an average Northern Hemisphere rugby defence. 

It's ****ing insane how bad the defence is. 

They reckon defence wins championships and they go nuts dancing if they catch an intercept or push someone over but the fundamental core defensive skills of most nfl players are just objectively bad. 

It's what happens when your emphasis is just entirely on how fast and strong and tall your guys are and not a lot else. 

They try to go for the big hit too often, or try to strip the ball out, and forget about the fundamentals like wrapping up the ball carrier and just getting him to the ground.

• 2 weeks later...