Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

My first year following the NFL was 1991, and I became a massive Oilers fan. They made the Playoffs, but ended up with Cincinnati away. Not much of a surprise when they got crushed by the powerhouse Bengals. :(

Could not have dreamt that would become the longest drought of a playoff win in the 3 majors, but well done to Bengals to putting that to bed. 

Such a long time, with the Oilers long since disappearing and me switching to the 49ers... A Bengals /49ers Superbowl part 3 would be a fitting finish to the season! 

On 16/01/2022 at 13:51, Golden Fox said:

My first year following the NFL was 1991, and I became a massive Oilers fan. They made the Playoffs, but ended up with Cincinnati away. Not much of a surprise when they got crushed by the powerhouse Bengals. :(

Could not have dreamt that would become the longest drought of a playoff win in the 3 majors, but well done to Bengals to putting that to bed. 

Such a long time, with the Oilers long since disappearing and me switching to the 49ers... A Bengals /49ers Superbowl part 3 would be a fitting finish to the season! 

That's a coincidence that's when I started following NFL,it was on C4 if memory serves,  I decided to follow the Bengals...who knew it would take so long for another play off win.  Despite this i would like to see the 49er's win it.

7 minutes ago, bovril said:

i'm too traumatised by superbowl 51 to believe the Rams are going to win

Tbf this bucs team is not that pats team. 

Obviously Brady is capable of brilliance but bucs don't look like they're going to stop hemorrhaging points. 

7 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

That's a coincidence that's when I started following NFL,it was on C4 if memory serves,  I decided to follow the Bengals...who knew it would take so long for another play off win.  Despite this i would like to see the 49er's win it.

Those good old C4 days!

Just finished watching the Packers/49ers game on delay (it was on overnight & spent today going up to Leicester & back for the Brighton game)... The Bengals & Niners both upset the No 1 seeds. Damn, I'd have got nice odds on predicting that!