Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

Supposedly Arians/Bucs staff basically fired him on the sideline because he refused to go in to the game.

It's another strange episode in what is now like season 5/6 but firing him on the sidelines (regardless of the whole injury discussion) doesn't seem to me like a reasonably thing to do. 

9 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Supposedly Arians/Bucs staff basically fired him on the sideline because he refused to go in to the game.

It's another strange episode in what is now like season 5/6 but firing him on the sidelines (regardless of the whole injury discussion) doesn't seem to me like a reasonably thing to do. 

I wouldn't trust a single syllable of his version of events, the guy is a complete and total cvnt who shouldn't be anywhere near professional sport. 

13 hours ago, ajthefox said:

If it's true that he refused to go into the game when asked then firing him sounds perfectly reasonable to me. He should have been fired weeks ago when he was found to have faked his vaccination card - so he was on borrowed time anyway. 

I think Arians always knew AB was a wrong'un but reluctantly went along with it because a) he's still a very good player, and b) for some reason Tom Brady likes AB and wanted him on the team. And what Tom wants, Tom gets. But there are limits to how much of this behaviour you can tolerate. 

• Like 1

Hasn't AB had a history of not paying people who have worked for him, too? Just another egomaniac wide receiver.

Aside from him, very much looking forward to the Playoff lineup being sorted. Bengals seem to be coming good and were astonishing against the Chiefs. I thought Burrow was a one-season flash in the pan at LSU but his recent performances have been sensational and they're an exciting team to watch.

Still can't see past the Packers in the NFC but I love how stacked that side is. Also excited to see who Dallas will inevitably lose to in the Wildcard round, too lol.

Finally, National Champ game on Monday night. Really pulling for Georgia but Alabama can be so ruthless and methodical I'd never bet against them. Kirby Smart needs to overcome his 'Bama hoodoo and someone other than Alabama dominating again is much needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Cowboys/49ers is a relief as a Dallas fan. Was convinced it was going to be Cardinals.

I’d bet Cardinals pre-season but they’ve looked a lot worse in recent weeks. Very worried about them. 

Just hope that Chargers can turn this around to advance to next week 🙏🏼

7 hours ago, lildave3 said:

I’d bet Cardinals pre-season but they’ve looked a lot worse in recent weeks. Very worried about them. 

Just hope that Chargers can turn this around to advance to next week 🙏🏼

Cardinals seem that team who go like a train but then seem to slow down and then out with a whimper in the Wildcard. Need a good push, especially with the Rams to get past. Part of me is on the Bengals for the opposite "momentum" team who are coming good.

Good set of playoff games though, can't wait!

On 10/01/2022 at 00:49, Scotch said:

Cowboys/49ers is a relief as a Dallas fan. Was convinced it was going to be Cardinals.

Feels like that is underestimating the Niners... After a rocky period losing 4 out of 5 to look like a lost season at 3 and 5, the second half of the season has felt a lot more like 2019. Needed to finish 7 & 2 to make the playoffs & those 2 losses were at the Seahawks (always lose there, so more of a mental thing, but really did enough to win) and at the Titans (on the road to 1st place AFC team on a short week & went down to the wire). Compare that to the Cardinals who have lost 4 out of 5, not sure I'd be relieved if I was a Cowboys fan!

On 12/01/2022 at 08:05, Finnegan said:

They get shagged by the Bengals and then wait another few decades for a crack. 

Decades?  Don't be ridiculous.

The Raiders are never that far from crack.

1121985728_B-Robcrack.PNG.7456f9fa1799ad2ed14d65cdbb1ca7e6.PNG