Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

1-1 Reading Post Match

A few players didn't play well tonight ..... 

That doesn't mean:

They are sh1t.

They haven't played well enough to win the league over the season.

They are good enough or not for the Premier league.

Why don't people just say what they see and talk about the game instead of over reacting and applying a theory based on one game to an entire career or season?

Sorry but half you lot are full of shit. Big Wes has had 2 bad games after being arguably the best centre back in the division all year and widely regarded as the best centre back outside the top flight and suddenly he's not up to it? Bollocks to that, short sighted. Sure you lot will be calling for Pearsons head if we aren't top half at Christmas.

not gonna start slagging players off, as the whole squad have been fantastic this season, and you don't go 21 games unbeaten being a poor side, however only a few for me had a good game tonight, drinkwater was class, mahrez was excellent, vardy ran his bollokcs off as he always does, kasper made a couple of good saves and maybe should have done better with the goal, schlupp looks better attacking then defending, some of his positioning at times tonight was dreadful when reading were attacking, got caught out a fair few times when reading came down the left, and tbh dyer hasn't looked the same since all this contract talk came up, I think we should all take into account in this league theres a lot of games to play, maybe fatigue has finally hit us and weve ran out of steam a little, having said that with james hopefully back on Saturday and knocky returning im confident we will beat qpr

We cannot afford to be sentimental when it comes to new contracts and keeping players.

Dyer looks like his pace has gone and without it he is finished as a player.

Nugent back to his usual moaning, shit arse self.

Wes and Wasyl struggled against the cheating Russian so imagine what they would be like against the likes of Andy Carroll and Ricky Lambert. Need to prove they can step up.

Hammond, not good enough.

De Laet and Schlupp looked very good going forwards. Still need to focus on improving their defensive play but very promising and pace is crucial at the next level in those positions.

Schmeichel, Mahrez, Vardy and that beautiful man Drinkwater all deserve the chance to shine on the big stage. I think they will only get better for the step up in class of opposition and some of their play was majestic tonight. Mahrez and Drinkwater in particular were sublime at times.

The first half of this post is absolutely extraordinary.

Dyer's pace has gone? What since January?!

Nugent is our top goalscorer and assist maker this season. He has these sorts of games when he is awful, we all know that.

Morgan is captain of the runaway leaders in the division, was the clear player of the year last year and has been good again this. Wasyl has 60+ caps for Poland. Neither have to "prove" anything. 

Of course we will strengthen in the summer, but comments like this after a 1-1 draw away at a side battling for the play-offs seem out of place.

Sorry but half you lot are full of shit. Big Wes has had 2 bad games after being arguably the best centre back in the division all year and widely regarded as the best centre back outside the top flight and suddenly he's not up to it? Bollocks to that, short sighted. Sure you lot will be calling for Pearsons head if we aren't top half at Christmas.

Abso****inglutely mate - well said. Some of the knee-jerking on here is embarrassing.

Come on everyone cheer up we're on 90 point's, we are nearly champions, we are premier league, the intensity has gone out of us a bit, not totally surprising, we have QPR on Saturday, have a feeling we will be up for that.

Sure Pearson knows where we need to strengthen next season.

meh.

On the other hand I am so excited by Mahrez. Him and Drinkwater were a delight to watch tonight!

Not a fan of some of the stick some of the players are receiving but, if recent games are to go by, I'd say there's a few we do need to get rid of (e.g Hammond, Phillips, etc...)

Let's just wait until the season is over to dissect which parts of the squad needs improving/removing though.

It wasn't a pretty game, but quite open and could've gone either way. We were a bit wasteful - at least the overall performance was an improvement compared to Brighton at home.

Also, we're still keeping our record for scoring at least one goal per game strong - must be the 24th game in succession or something.  :scarf:

And we've set a new club record for going unbeaten in 11 consecutive away games.  :trumpet:

Did you actually watch the game? Granted, they didn't convince in the back, but going forward, they gave me and others more than just a couple of scares and they could've scored two or three more goals.

"Dross" like that who's just moved into a playoff spot.

I know the game was frustrating in parts, but there's no reason to be so belittling.

Too right, some of these folks need to get a ****ing grip. We're Leicester City, not Manchester City. Fans my arse.

At least we looked a bit more like ourselves tonight. Pressed high and kept breaking down the play well.

Our ball retention and final product however was shocking, we must do better to finish strongly.

Come on guys lets finish on high and enjoy what's left. :)

Either people are overreacting or under reacting.

How people can slag off the squad on 90 points is beyond me.

How people can accept a shit performance and not want to improve also baffles me.

Since Blackburn away we've had recurring problems. Fvcking plastics wouldn't know that.

Not going to be over critical of players that have done so well for us, however, as good as Schlupp is going forward it was a poor performance from him today

Not that you are saying this (I don't believe that's what you're trying to say anyway) but one bad match does not mean he isn't good enough to play in that position. I believe he has a lot of potential and ability to play as a solid LB who can attack. Positioning poor tonight but he will learn that over time. Same idea that the odd poor game from Wes doesn't suddenly make him no good! Seen a lot of that on here tonight.

We are already promoted! Mission accomplished!

A point away from home coming from behind, against a team chasing the playoffs I'd take that all day long?

Yes we are stuttering over the line (to the title ) but this is leicester city ? We are going to have that pitch invasion somewhere !

Enjoy it FFS . We're up !!!

Dyer's pace has gone. :D

In the space of a few weeks? Come off it. Teams just know how to play him. They double up and sit deep. Just like they are learning how to play us. Make is physical, press us hard, keep the pitch narrow. Doesn't mean he's shit or we're shit. It's a compliment. Teams can't handle Dyer or Leicester by playing their own game.

Dyer has always been a limited player. Great pace and directness, unfortunate inability to kick a ball. But of all the players we have he's the one who most deserves a shot at the big time. The one who you can genuinely say loves the club to bits. He can do a job as an impact player in the top league and should get that chance.

Think wes will make the step up, but not wes and was together, I think we need a pacey centre half, neither are blessed with pace.

Dyer's pace has gone. :D

In the space of a few weeks? Come off it. Teams just know how to play him. They double up and sit deep. Just like they are learning how to play us. Make is physical, press us hard, keep the pitch narrow. Doesn't mean he's shit or we're shit. It's a compliment. Teams can't handle Dyer or Leicester by playing their own game.

Dyer has always been a limited player. Great pace and directness, unfortunate inability to kick a ball. But of all the players we have he's the one who most deserves a shot at the big time. The one who you can genuinely say loves the club to bits. He can do a job as an impact player in the top league and should get that chance.

I honestly don't think Dyer will be effective in the premier and we aren't a retirement home for old players. Those who deserve a crack at the premier are those who are capable of playing at that level, give someone who isn't a chance just because they've been a great ser ant to the club will see us struggling very quickly.

Archived