Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Sunderland post match thread

Better performance than the past 2 home matches. Generally more cohesive but defence was caught out a few times.

Also, backing off and giving their players too much time in our own half.

Key concern is why NP puts subs on so late, surely make the changes with 15-20 mins to go as a minimum. Wood comes on at 88 mins...

Secondly, why he persists with Nugent. Sadly not cutting in this league, not instinctive or quick enough. Was hoping to see Powell come on with about 20 mins to go.

Really need to give some other fringe players chances now.

NP deserves this season and I think we will scrape ourselves up but we really need more creative quality.

Anything less than a win against teams around you at home in this league will eventually lead to your downfall.

That's West Brom, Burnley and now Sunderland. 2 points from 9 at home statistically isn't good enough.

Any less than 5 from that lot isn't really good enough.

Today was the first time since the Manchester United game that I've left the ground not really disappointed. I felt like we "turned up", competed and created a few chances.

Really, looking back on it I was pretty chuffed at the end of each of those first 5 matches. Today was probably the first time I've left a game feeling a bit "meh".

Very frustrating to watch but at least the rots stopped,Cambiasso,James,Morgan and Wasyl were the stand out players for me,De Leat looks devoid of confidence

Though the game lacked quality,we at least competed... which is something for us to build on.

Cambiasso is the problem...

Not really a problem, just a tiny, tiny bit of a hindrance. He's a bit too cautious but on the whole, that's not that much of a bad thing. I wouldn't say he's a problem at all actually.

He improved today as the game went on. Just need him to play balls like he did to Mahrez today on more occasions.

I do commend people for remaining optimistic, and of course, we have to.

But the reality is we are now looking like a poor side at this level. We have gone, I believe, over 500 mins of football without scoring a single goal. That's a very long time, and that's the reality.

It's also relegation form.

Any less than 5 from that lot isn't really good enough.

Today was the first time since the Manchester United game that I've left the ground not really disappointed. I felt like we "turned up", competed and created a few chances.

Really, looking back on it I was pretty chuffed at the end of each of those first 5 matches. Today was probably the first time I've left a game feeling a bit "meh".

I agree. I think Pearson's tinkering with the side and strange selection/system choices, (and yes, he had another pop at us people who don't have a clue when it comes to these bizarre decisions post match), will take us a while to shake off. He just needs to keep this settled side and bring back the belief in the players.

Ulloa has 5 in 12, who could we have attracted who would have done better for £8,000,000 or less?

That's why I was sceptical when we first signed him in the summer. The goalscoring run he was on at the beginning was a flash in a pan, now we're seeing that he is a flop. He's decent in the air and has a good first touch but it's frustrating that when we're breaking forwards, he sometimes hangs about on the left/right wings when he should be in the box.

That's why I was sceptical when we first signed him in the summer. The goalscoring run he was on at the beginning was a flash in a pan, now we're seeing that he is a flop. He's decent in the air and has a good first touch but it's frustrating that when we're breaking forwards, he sometimes hangs about on the left/right wings when he should be in the box.

Couldn't disagree more. Great through ball for Mahrez today second half and a good one two for the James chance. On another day he would've had 2 assists and banged in the penalty for the foul on Mahrez. The goals will come again for him.

Danny Welbeck - 2 in 8 for Arsenal £16 million - flop?

I think apart from one or two astray passes i think cambiasso had a decent game today, gets a 8 from me

8!

Only James and the two centre backs would be anywhere near an 8 for me. Shows how easily pleased some of our fans have become. But it's your opinion, fair play.

Maybe but did we expect anything else when we were promoted.

If you notice all 3 promoted teams are at the bottom.

This league is stacked against promoted teams.

Realistically we are doing as well as expected.

Yes I expected the owners and Pearson to use their wealth to buy quality players during the summer. It never happened . Realistically we are doing  what all the punters said we would do with out that quality.

We are struggling at the bottom because of this not because   " The league is stacked against promoted teams "  We had the money and a golden opportunity after all those years of being a financially struggling cub to ensure survival at least. But have blown that with sticking with a manager who although never having had any experience of Premiership management thought the team good enough to survive without solid investment.

It is quite clear that the present team is not up to the standards of Premiership football and will be relegated unless we buy quality during the transfer window. Trouble is who is going to want to come to us with Pearson in charge of a bottom three outfit ?

8!

Only James and the two centre backs would be anywhere near an 8 for me. Shows how easily pleased some of our fans have become. But it's your opinion, fair play.

James would be 7 for me. He was better than Cambiasso today for me. Centre-backs were solid as usual. Schmeichel or Mahrez were the best performers today. Both had key impact on the game, especially the former.

Much better performance albeit a disappointing result. Was good to see Mahrez play and actually try to create some chances, I thought Was was absolutely fantastic too and clearly motm. On another day one of James' chances would've gone in and everyone would be happy. Stick with the 442 and we will soon score and win some games.

Positives in creating chances, a clean sheet and what looks like a promising CM partnership of Cambiasso and James.

Negatives constant hoof ball and aimless passes, inability to keep possession and RDL.

What game were you watching?! RDL was quality except from that one slice at the end

Better performance than the past 2 home matches. Generally more cohesive but defence was caught out a few times.

Also, backing off and giving their players too much time in our own half.

Key concern is why NP puts subs on so late, surely make the changes with 15-20 mins to go as a minimum. Wood comes on at 88 mins...

Secondly, why he persists with Nugent. Sadly not cutting in this league, not instinctive or quick enough. Was hoping to see Powell come on with about 20 mins to go.

Really need to give some other fringe players chances now.

NP deserves this season and I think we will scrape ourselves up but we really need more creative quality.

Agree with the late sub comment. I thought Powell was a CAM - is he a striker/forward?

Does anyone think NP will spend big in Jan on a new attacking player?

Just a little more shooting practise and we will be away... James and Ulloa played well, Mahrez did, Schmeichel, Morgan, Wasyl, they all did great today... And I James finished that chance with the 1-2 with Ulloa and we could of ruined them

8!

I gave james an 8 as well, both had their moments in the first half but as soon as they got going they were brilliant, stick with these for QPR and we will get something

Archived