Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Firegrande

People's obsession with dogs

It's not the dog's that's the problem, it's irresponsible owners who think that their 15 stone, slobbering, snarling, mastiff that has you pinned to the wall is just being a normal dog and that training it would cruelly suppress it's natural instincts.

Love dogs, adore cats. Don't get people who love dogs but not cats. Saying that I'd eat a rabbit, guinea pig and a horse.

Both cats died this year and I miss them so much. Now I really want a dog.

But one that does not bark as my son is autistic and freaks out at loud noises, any breed ideas?

4 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

Love dogs, adore cats. Don't get people who love dogs but not cats. Saying that I'd eat a rabbit, guinea pig and a horse.

But one that does not bark as my son is autistic and freaks out at loud noises, any breed ideas?

Huskys don't bark mate but don't get one solely on that basis as they need a lot of excercise, you can't let them off their leads and you will constantly be covered in fur.

Oh and if you have got any cats left probably not advisable.

7 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Huskys don't bark mate but don't get one solely on that basis as they need a lot of excercise, you can't let them off their leads and you will constantly be covered in fur.

Oh and if you have got any cats left probably not advisable.

Don't mind hair, excerise or licking my face or sleeping in my bed.

24 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I'd suggest a malaMUTE Boosy .....   

25 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

My Akita was great with kids but not so with other dogs and rarely barked, also like many animals they have senses we don't and bond with children in different ways. Also we have Maine Coons that are very dog like and know of a few of them that have bonded really well with autistic children

1 hour ago, Great Boos Up said:

I've got too springers that rarely bark - hardly ever in fact. I'm usually up early in the morning and when it gets to 7am (time to wake my son up), they sit outside his bedroom door wagging their tails and as soon as I say "go on then", they burst in the door and try and sniff out whichever hand or foot is dangling out of the bed. He loves those dogs so much and loves that they wake him up every morning!

Kids develop very strong bonds with dogs I think

I would cull all dogs.

I recall my mate and his wife bringing their puppy round one Christmas Eve. It was weeing all over the kitchen floor and they were saying it was because it gets excited. I am pretty sure they would have been offended if I weed all over their kitchen floor whenever I got excited.

Vile things.

Archived