Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

The Foxestalk World Cup of Food - Round of 16 pt.2

Which do you prefer?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Paella (Spain) Vs Peking Duck (China)

2. 2. Pavlova (New Zealand) Vs Tagine (Morocco)

3. 3. Jerk Chicken (Jamaica) Vs Doner Kebab (Turkey)

4. 4. Fish & Chips (England/UK) Vs Swedish Meatballs (Sweden)

The first half of the last 16 fixtures has been completed, with 3 largely 1 sided matches and a clash of giants. Its time for part 2 of the round of 16:

I expect a couple more tough fixtures in this 2nd half of fixtures, Including a popular dessert against a North African favourite! Cast your votes now!

Round of 16:

Sushi (Japan)    22 vs 58     Meat Pie (Australia)

Moussaka (Greece)   59 Vs 21    Sauerkraut (Germany)

Burrito (Mexico)    65 Vs 15    Goulash (Hungary)

Tandoori Chicken (India)   49 Vs 31    Pasta (Italy)

Paella (Spain) Vs Peking Duck (China)

Pavlova (New Zealand) Vs Tagine (Morocco)

Jerk Chicken (Jamaica) Vs Doner Kebab (Turkey)

Fish & Chips (England/UK) Vs Swedish Meatballs (Sweden)

Guest seanfox778

How can you have sauerkraut vs mousakka? That's like coleslaw vs lasagne. Not a fair fight IMO, should've gone for a bratwurst or something. Also, meatballs are better than fish & chips :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

Anyone who votes meatballs is a bellend

:wave:

I like fish and chips, but it I also think it's one of the most bland, run-of-the-mill foods to have as your national dish. Maybe because I've had it the most of any of those dishes, but I'm certainly not going to vote for it on account of patriotism... which I suggest some people might be. :whistle: Not you though. :whistle::whistle:

7 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

:wave:

I like fish and chips, but it I also think it's one of the most bland, run-of-the-mill foods to have as your national dish. Maybe because I've had it the most of any of those dishes, but I'm certainly not going to vote for it on account of patriotism... which I suggest some people might be. :whistle: Not you though. :whistle::whistle:

I used to like you. Nothing beats a piece of battered cod, chips, mushy peas for tea. I'm ordering extra off amazon this christmas. 

Absolutely detest Chinese food, to the point I won't even go near it. Used to live with a Chinese guy and watching him eat and cook just formed a huge prejudice. Really gutted you drew England against Sweden, I love me some Swedish meatballs

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Italian meatballs are excellent, Swedish meatballs are crap!

Anyone who votes for a kebab over jerk chicken, should FOAD.

i've had more kebabs than I have jerk chicken. think i've had the latter maybe once or twice in my lifetime!

I know what I'd prefer after a night out getting hammered lol 

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i've had more kebabs than I have jerk chicken. think i've had the latter maybe once or twice in my lifetime!

I know what I'd prefer after a night out getting hammered lol 

The only time eating a kebab is acceptable, is when you are so smashed you can't taste the tyres on the meat.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

At last, its confirmed.

lol

Me and nine other bell-ends have voted for Swedish meatballs.

Those from Ikea with the sauce are delicious :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

Never been one for flat pack furniture izz, so I will take your word for it. Give me solid wood (ooh err) any day of the week ;) 

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Never been one for flat pack furniture izz, so I will take your word for it. Give me solid wood (ooh err) any day of the week ;) 

lol The only reason I go to Ikea these days is for the meatballs mate :thumbup:

Seriously, check em out. Fish and Chips just don't come close in terms of taste for me..

Image result for ikea meatballs

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol

Nah, the Ikea ones are crap; they're all gritty (although the gräddsås mix is decent there, granted). Done right though, so so good and the mash potato with cream in it... great. I have no idea why lingonberry jam is so amazing with it but terrible in anything else.

and a quick edit: What the hell are boiled spuds doing there instead of mash? :(

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

lol The only reason I go to Ikea these days is for the meatballs mate :thumbup:

Seriously, check em out. Fish and Chips just don't come close in terms of taste for me..

Image result for ikea meatballs

You live down south don't you? Fish and chips are crap down there. Ps that looks like a dog has thrown up on some deer poo.

Archived